Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College (LLRMMC) is a state-run Medical College which is located in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was named after the great Arya Samaj leader, Lala Lajpat Rai.The college is affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut and was established in 1966.
The college is located on the Garh Road, Meerut. The Academic section of the college has distinct five story buildings. The college has five lecture theatres for teaching all subjects. The housing compound of the medical university is one of the prime in the state comprising 150.49 acres of land & has residential capacity for 115 teachers, 650 undergraduate students, 225 paramedical personnel, 392 Employees, 210 post graduate students & 100 Trainee Nurses.
The College trails the reservation criteria as per the standards of Government of India and NEET Authority.
LLRM Medical College offers different education courses in the field of Medical Science. It offers courses like MBBS, B.Sc, specialty courses like MD and MS, PG Diploma, and super specialty courses like DM.
LLRM Medical College Highlights
|Affiliated to||Chaudhary Charan Singh University|
|Campus Location||Garh Road, Meerut,UP|
|Admission Criteria||NEET and Merit- Based|
|Gender Diversity||Co-Ed College|
LLRM Medical College Courses
LLRM Medical College offers different education courses in the field of Medical Science. It offers courses like MBBS, Bachelor of Science, specialty courses like MD and MS, PG Diploma, and super specialty courses like DM.
|M.B.B.S||-||10+2 (PCB)||NEET UG||5 Years||100+50*|
|B.Sc||Nursing||10+2||Merit Based||4 Years||50|
|UG Diploma||Pharmacy||10+2||NEET UG||2 Years||60 each|
|X Ray Tech.|
|M.D.||Anatomy||MBBS||NEET PG||2 Years||39|
|Obst & Gyn|
|Skin & V.D|
|M.S.||Surgery||MBBS||NEET PG||2 Years||16|
|PG Diploma||Obst & Gyn.||MBBS||NEET PG||2 Years||17|
|Skin & V.D.|
|D.M.||Endocrinology||MBBS||NEET SS||2 Years||1|
Read more: LLRM Medical College Courses and Fees
LLRM Medical College Admissions 2020
- The intake capacity for MBBS program is 100+50* seats for a programme duration of 5 years.
- It is mandatory for the students to take up Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, English and any other elective subject in 10+2 level. To seek admission, the candidates will have to appear in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG).
B.Sc. (Nursing) Admission 2020
- The B.Sc. programme in LLRM Medical College is presented for a period of four years. The intake capacity is 50 seats.
- Admission to B.Sc. (Nursing) program is on the basis of marks achieved in 10+2 level (Merit Basis).
MD & MS Admission
- The duration period of these courses are two years each.
- Admission to the above-mentioned courses is done on the basis of marks scored in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET PG)
- The total number of seats available for admission is one. The duration period is three years.
- Candidates who have studied and passed MD or MS in relevant discipline are eligible to seek admission in the above-mentioned super speciality courses. However, the candidates need to appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Super Speciality Courses (NEET SS)
How to Apply?
- The application fee is supposed to be paid online on the portal
- For online mode, you can pay through e-wallet, net-banking or debit/credit card.
- The application fee for General is INR 1,400 and OBC category candidates, and is INR 750 for ST /SC candidates.
Read more: LLRM Medical College Admissions 2020
LLRM Medical College Scholarships
The college offers scholarship to Reserved Category elite students in form of fees reimbursements by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. They have to apply at the start of the academic session and submit all the required documents like income certificate, etc.
Read more: LLRM Medical College Scholarships
LLRM Medical College Facilities
- Library: The central library has a collection of 15855 books including text and reference books, 8600 journals,161 CD Rooms and 243 e-journals. The library has a seating capacity for 300 students and a separate reading room for faculty with a seating arrangement of 50 people
- Medical/ Hospital
- IT Infrastructure
Read more: LLRM Medical College Hostel
LLRM Medical College Faculty
Under the guidance of Principal Dr. Sunil Kumar Garg, (MBBS, MD), LLRM Medical college hosts a combination of well experienced and dedicated faculties coming from a professional background.
Majority of the professors are Medical Graduates, Postgraduates or PhD holders. Many have also completed their fellowship in a particular field which enhances the learning atmosphere.
Read more: LLRM Medical College Faculty
LLRM Medical College FAQs
Ques. How is the environment of LLRM Meerut, and how good are the classrooms, the hostels and other cleanliness factors?
Ans. The campus is well spread over a large area. Tall trees and opulent green plants shelter most of the campus. In regards to studies, the faculty is one of the best in UP med colleges. The teachers are extremely dedicated towards the learning of their students. The classrooms, which are called LTs are equipped with plentiful furniture and ACs. Hostel rooms are typical government institution’s type.
Ques. How much should I score in the NEET to get into LLRM Medical College, Meerut?
Ans. Well in up state's first counselling, LLRM medical college stopped at 566 marks for general category and the cut off may drop down to around 555+ in second list.
So, a score of 550+ is minimum for a student of general category in order to get into LLRM medical college.
Ques. How are the patient load and clinical exposure at LLRM Medical College?
Ans. LLRM Medical College is one of the best medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh. The college caters to about 12 districts of western UP and hence has a great footfall in its associated hospital i.e. SVBP Hospital.
So, the college has a load of patients all the time, maybe not as much as Delhi, but good enough, nonetheless. So, there's a lot of clinical exposure for students well interested in it.
Ques. Is LLRM Medical College, Meerut a good choice? Are there any notable alumni of this college?
Ans. Yes, LLRM medical college is a good college. In UP, KGMC is clearly the best college but after KGMC, all the colleges are somewhere equal, and the choice depends on the distance of the college from your hometown.
Ques. How do students of LLRM medical college, Meerut perform in exams like AIIMS PG, PGI, NEET PG?
Ans. This year, the first rank of Uttar Pradesh was obtained by a student of LLRM. Yes, you read that right.
In all India rankings, LLRM has about 3–4 people under 500, of the 2011 batch.
3 candidates of the 2012 batch made it to LLRM itself, in medicine, paediatrics and gynaecology departments. Few other students of senior batches have also done decently well, with under 5000 ranks.