Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute was founded in the year 2001. The college offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Medical Science
- The college is formed under the aegis of Meenakshi Ammal Trust. Meenakshi Ammal Trust was founded in 1983 to provide education to the poor students by starting various educational institutions to spread knowledge
- The college is located close to the Chennai, Bangalore, which is 50km away Anna Airport (Meenambakam)
- The college has an area of 39.08 acres consists of laboratory, canteen, library, health center, hostel, infrastructure and transport facilities
- There are 164 medical and 190 paramedical staff members who serve the patients round the clock
- The Hospital attached to the Medical College has 400 beds
- The hospital has well maintained intensive care unit in all specialities, operation theaters and radiology department is equipped with highly advanced equipments.Regular camps are conducted by the various departments to take health care even to remote areas.
- The institute enrolled 150 students annually in MBBS