Dhruba Chand Halder College - [DCH] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Dakshin Bharat Dhruba Chand Halder College popularly known as Dhruba Chand Halder College (DCH Bengal) is an Arts, Science, and Commerce college offering various programs such as BA, B.Sc, and B.Com (both Hons. and General). The college offers admission to students who achieve 50% aggregate marks in the previous qualifying examinations. Applicants applying for admission can apply online for the admission by filling up the application form and paying the application fee of INR 100.
Dhruba Chand Halder College Highlights
|Established | Type||1965 | Public|
|Affiliation||University of Calcutta|
|Approval and Recognition||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Accreditation||B+ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Courses Offered||BA, B.Sc and B.Com (Hons. and General)|
|Application process | Fee||Online | INR 100|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Transportation, Spots, Gym, Bank, etc.|
|Location||Dakshin Barasat, South 24 Paraganas, 743372, West Bengal|
Dhruba Chand Halder College
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||_||10+2||2,073|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)||_||10+2||2,973|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A)||_||10+2||1,953|
|B.Com Honors||Accounting and Finance||10+2||2,383|
|B.Sc Honors||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany, Microbiology, Economics and Geography||10+2||3,033|
|B.A Honors||Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Political Science, Philosophy and Education||10+2||2,263|
Read More: Dhruba Chand Halder College Fee Structure
Dhruba Chand Halder College Admission
The admissions in this college is sought only on merit basis. The minimum qualification to apply for admission is to have a perfect score in the intermediate (10+2) examination. They need to apply through the online portal of the college.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Go to Admission Page’.
- If you are Merit Listed, you will see the link ‘Apply Now’ and if you are not, then you will see Total Merit List.
- After clicking Apply Now, you will be redirected to Online Application Form.
- Fill the required information carefully along with the course of choice.
- Upload the passport size photograph within 30 kb and signature within 20 kb size.
- Save the filled application form, check all the information before submitting it.
- Print the Bank Challan and submit the Application fees to the Bank branch listed on the official website.
- Your payment will be confirmed after 48 hours of submission of fees.
- Take out the print out of the Application Form, University Registration Form and Checklist available at the Confirmation Page.
- After submitting the Application Fees, visit the college with the above mentioned documents, proof of payment of fees and all the documents required.
- Take the document submission receipt from the college.
- Candidates can visit the official website of college for Final Merit List.
- Mode of Application: Online
- Application Fees: INR 100
Read More: Dhruba Chand Halder College Admission
Dhruba Chand Halder College Facilities
- Hostel: The college provides accommodation facilities to the students who come from different cities and faraway places. The hostel rooms are fully equipped with basic necessities for the convenience of the students. The hostel faculty is very friendly in nature but at the same time there are some protocols to be followed in order to maintain the discipline.
- Library: The library of the college is very huge and contains plenty of books and journals for the reference of the students. They have all kinds of books available with them. They even allow students to issue books and journals for a definite period of time so that the students can conveniently study and refer to them. They have also upgraded themselves to be a Digital Library.
- Transportation: The college provides bus facilities for the students and faculty of the college who live at distant places. The bus has a definite time for pickup and drop.
- Sports and Gym: The college has a sports club where almost all kinds of sports are played. There is also a gym which has open access to all the students. Those students who wish to enroll themselves for these activities are free to do so. The college firmly believes that overall excellence of the student depends on overall development of the student.
Dhruba Chand Halder College Faculty
The college faculty is very good. There are in total 36 teaching faculty. The professors are highly qualified and professional. They are very well-versed and knowledgeable in their respective fields. Majority of the professors hold a degree of Ph.D and are graduated from renowned colleges and universities. They play a vital role in inculcating values in the students. They are very friendly in nature and are always available when the students need assistance from them
Dhruba Chand Halder College FAQ
Ques. Do we get scholarships?
Ans. Yes, the college provides scholarships announced by the government. The students who are in merit, only can avail scholarships. There are even scholarships for minorities.
Ques. What documents are required at the time of application?
Ans. Documents required at the time of Admission:
- Computer Generated Application Form
- Computer generated CU Registration Form
- Three recent colored stamp size photographs
- Attested copy of H.S Mark sheet (to be attested by the Head of the Institution last attended)
- Attested copy of Madhyamik Admit Card (to be attested by the Head of the Institution last attended)
- Attested copy of H.S. Admit Card (to be attested by the Head of the Institution last attended)
- Physically Challenged Certificate in Original
- Admit Card of 10+2 (for Provisional Admission)
- SC/ ST/ OBC Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Original School Leaving Certificate
- Sports Quota Candidates must submit the Certificates issued by the relevant authority (District/ National level)
- Migration Certificate/ Transfer Certificate
- Candidates taking transfer from other college, submit Original Registration certificate and Transfer Certificate
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit
Ques. Are internships provided?
Ans. Yes. There is a placement cell in the college which is also responsible for the internships of the students. Top-recruiters hire the students as interns and pay pretty good stipends.
Ques. How are the placements of the college?
Ans. The college has a placement cell which is responsible for the training and the on-campus placements for the students. This college is well-reputed and renowned in West Bengal, which is why top-recruiters come for the on-campus placements and hire the majority of the students with very good packages. Those students who graduate from this college have various job opportunities waiting for them.