National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad established in 1918 is one of the oldest research centers in India offering advanced educational courses in the field of nutrition.
The institute offers an M.Sc. degree in Applied Nutrition and Sports Nutrition. It also offers a post-graduate certificate course and an annual training course. Admission is based on the entrance exam conducted by NIN if the number of applications is more than fifty. If the number of applications received is less than fifty, NIN will not conduct an entrance test and all the eligible applicants will be selected for admission based on the merit in the qualifying degree examination.
NIN Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Type||1918 | Public|
|Courses offered||M.Sc. and Post-Graduate certificate|
|Field of Research||Nutrition and Micronutrients|
|Basic Admission criteria||Merit-Based or Entrance Based|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
NIN Hyderabad Courses
NIN Hyderabad offers an M.Sc. course in two specializations- Applied Nutrition and Sports Nutrition. Apart from M.Sc. NIN also offers a 3 months Post-graduate Certificate course in the specialization of Nutrition and a 2 months annual training course in the specialization of Endocrinological Techniques and their applications.
The following table enlists the eligibility and selection criteria for these courses:
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility criteria: Bachelor’s Degree viz., B.Sc. (Nursing), MBBS, or B.Sc. with anyone subject Nutrition, Foods & Nutrition, Home Science (Food & Nutrition), Biochemistry, Zoology, Applied Nutrition and Public Health, Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, Food Science or Nutrition & Dietetics with 55% marks
Selection criteria: Entrance Based
Specializations: Applied Nutrition and Sports Nutrition
|Post- Graduate certificate||Duration: 3 months
Eligibility criteria: MBBS or a Master’s Degree in Science in Biochemistry, Physiology, Foods, Nutrition, and Dietetics
Selection criteria: Merit Based
|Annual Training Course||Duration: 2 months
Eligibility criteria: MBBS or M.Sc. (Biochemistry)
Selection criteria: The selection is based on the merit obtained in the qualifying exam
Specializations: Endocrinological Techniques and their Application
Check here: NIN Hyderabad Fees
NIN Hyderabad Admission
The admission at NIN is done through Counseling (after passing the entrance) by the committee appointed by Director, NIN consisting of at least one representative from Osmania University. Entrance Examination is conducted if the number of applications for admission to the course is more than fifty. If the number of applications received is less than fifty, NIN will not conduct an entrance test and all the eligible applicants will be selected for admission based on the merit in the qualifying degree examination.
Application form along with the prospectus can be obtained from the college or can be downloaded from the official website of college https://www.nin.res.in/
- Fill the application form accompanied by original Demand Draft or proof of online bank transfer/ NEFT transaction for an amount of INR 3000 for OC/OBC/BCs candidates and INR 2700/- for SC/ ST candidates towards the application fee, drawn in favor of “DIRECTOR, NIN”, payable at HYDERABAD on any Nationalized Bank.
- The application form along with the registration fees and all the necessary enclosures under State and Central quota should be submitted to the Head, MYAS-NIN Department of Sports Science, ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad.
- The list of eligible candidates along with their hall tickets will be put up on NIN’s website (https://www.nin.res.in/) and on the notice boards of NIN.
- The candidates need to appear for the entrance test, which is based on the MCQ to be conducted by the National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad.
- The name of the selected candidates who have qualified the entrance exam and fulfilled the criteria, following reservation policy will be uploaded on NIN’s website and will also be communicated by email.
- After finishing the admission procedure, the final list of selected candidates admitted by NIN with all Original Certificates and university fees shall be sent to the Registrar, Osmania University for approval of admissions.
Read more: NIN Hyderabad Admission
NIN Hyderabad Reservation criteria
Out of the total seats, one-third of the seats are reserved for candidates from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh State (State quota) and the remaining seats are reserved for the applicants outside Telangana and Andhra Pradesh (Central Quota)
- For central quota: 15%, 7%, and 27% of seats are reserved for SC, ST and OBC candidates respectively.
- For state quota: 15%, 6%, and 29% of seats are reserved for SC, ST, and BC (A-7%, B-10%, C-1%, D-7%, and E-4%) candidates respectively as followed by the net group reservation.
NIN Hyderabad Facilities
The National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad is located on the salubrious campus of Osmania University with spacious buildings surrounded by lush green vegetation. The college provides the following basic facilities for the students:
- Hostel: NIN has modest accommodation facilities with all the required amenities and cordial services. The hostel is close to the main building, labs and the library.
- Library: NIN Library is a repository of information on various topics related to health and nutrition. It provides information services like MEDLINE searches, Proquest medical library full test database of journals, and other online retrieval activities using the LAN network of the institute.
- Laboratories: The laboratories at NIN are modern and are provided with equipment for the latest models.
Read More: NIN Hyderabad Reviews
NIN Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. What is the pattern for the entrance exam of M.Sc. Applied Nutrition at NIN Hyderabad?
- General Knowledge and Aptitude(20 questions of 1 mark each)
- Nutrition(40 questions of 1 mark each)
- Physiology(20 questions of 1 mark each)
- Biochemistry(20 questions of 1 mark each)
Ques. How is the faculty of NIN Hyderabad?
Check NIN Hyderabad Faculty
Ques. What are the total fees for the annual training course and postgraduate certificate course?
Ques. What are the career options after pursuing M.Sc. in Applied Nutrition?
Ques. What is the total number of seats for M.Sc. at NIN Hyderabad?