Osmania Medical College is one of the oldest and most renowned colleges in India. The college is affiliated to NTR Health University. The college offers Bachelor, Master and Paramedical courses in various specilities
- The college was established as a Hyderabad Medical School in the year 1846. It also one of oldest institutions in world
- The major hospital associated with the college is Afzalgunj Hospital. It has 9 other teaching hospitals affiliated to it where students rotate at different time-intervals during the program
- The college is recognized by Medical Council of India since 1951
- The college enrolled 200 students in MBBS, 274 in PG courses annually, 42 in Super-Specility
- Admissions to the undergraduate MBBS program is through Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) and to postgraduate is through entrance test, APPGE Osmania is considered the most competitive medical college to get into in the state of Telangana because of its high reputation as a center of clinical excellence
- Osmania has a rich history of pioneering medical innovations. For the first time, chloroform was used as an anesthetic in Osmania
- The college is recognised by Royal College of Surgeons of England for primary F.R.C.S. and recognition of Indian Army Medical Department for admission to the commissioned rank were received in 1941
- The college has 4897 beds
- The college has an area of 20 acres and has modern infrastructure and facilities. It has an Electrophysiology Lab. This facility is unique and Osmania Medical College is the only medical college in the state of Telangana with such a facility.
- Dr. Chelikani Venkata Rama Rao, famous Communist leader and Parliamentarian.
- Dr. Mandadi Prabhakar Reddy, a versatile Telugu Character actor.
- Dr. K. Srinath Reddy MD, DM, the president of the Public Health Foundation of India.
- Dr. P Shankar Rao, Former MLA, Secunderabad Cantonment
- Dr. Nagam Janardhan Reddy, Former MLA, Nagar Kurnool, BJP
- Dr. J. Geeta Reddy, MLA, Zaheerabad Constituency, Indian National Congress
- Osmania General Hospital (1200) formerly known as Afzalgunj Dawakhana
- Government Maternity Hospital Petlaburj (462) formerly known as Victoria Zenana hospital
- Niloufer Hospital for women and children (500) also know as Institute of Paediatrics
- Mehdi Nawaz Jung Cancer Hospital (250)
- Sarojinidevi Eye Hospital (550)A.P. Chest Hospital (670)Quarantine Hospital (400) also known as the Institute of Tropical Medicine and popularly called Fever HospitalGovernment ENT Hospital (200)Hospital for Mental Diseases (600) also known as Institute of Mental HealthSultan Bazar Hospital for Women (160) formerly known as the British Residency Hospital.
- A medical exhibition, MEDEX-08, was conducted in the college) in 2007, which had an overwhelming response by over 2,00,000 visitors
- The college has also hosted the "Intermedics", the state-wide inter medical college sports meet in December 2008
- Students participate in various outdoor and indoor sports activities
- The college library has 35,700 books
- Free access to American Journal
- Online access to 500 journals
The college has 4 hostels .It has separate girls and boys hostels with accommodating capacity 468 and 441 respectively.
The college has been ranked 17 amongst the India’s best colleges by India Today Survey 2014.