Dibru College, established in 1963, has been accredited by NAAC with 'A' grade. It offers UG courses in all three streams- Arts, Science and Commerce in two shifts Morning and Day. Additionally, the college offers some vocational and development courses. Admission to all the courses is merit-based and students seeking admission need to apply online through the official website. The student composition of this college is such that 80% of its enrolled students belong to SC/ST or OBC/ or either MOBC communities. The college is well equipped with all the required facilities to provide the premier learning to the students such as labs, library, computer facilities, canteen and many more.
Dibru College Highlights
|Type I Established||Public I 1963|
|Approved And Recognized By||UGC and NAAC|
|Campus Area||2 acres|
|Course Offered||15 Courses across 4 streams|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc. and B.com|
|Facilities Available||Canteen, Computer Lab, Cultural zone, Library, Medical Facilities, Sports Grounds, Bio-tech lab, Practical Labs|
Dibru College Courses
Dibru College offers a variety of UG courses from various streams. The below-given table is the representation of the same:
|B.A||Anthropology, Assamese, economics, History, Education, Mathematics, political science, Sanskrit,||Intermediate graduate from a recognized Board||3 years|
|B.Com||Accounting, finance, Business studies, Banking||Intermediate graduate from a recognized board and must have studied required compulsory subject||3 years|
|B.Sc||Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology.||Intermediate graduate from a recognized board and must have PCM/PCB as their main subjects||3 years|
Apart from these courses, Dibru College also offers career-oriented courses like; spoken English, Hindi, Sanskrit, and recitation and vocational courses like; certificate Courses in computer learning and beauty culture and hairdressing to students for 3/6 months or 1-year duration for which they have to pay minimum fees at the time of their admission.
Click here Dibru College Courses & Fees
Dibru College Admission
The admission process at Dibru College is done through online mode. Admission to all the courses is merit-based. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their application form. The application form can be filled online by following the below - listed steps:
- Candidates are required to visit the official website after that Click on apply now and proceed towards the new application.
- On the application page, select the semester and fill in all the required details.
- Select the subjects of your choice, including the core subjects and the general electives.
- Proceed to upload the required documents and set your login details. Once it’s done review your details and pay the application fee.
- The list of the enrolled students will be given by the college, to the affiliated University.
- Those candidates, who are admitted, will have to submit all the original documents for verification afterward.
Following are the documents required during submission application form -
- 12th class Mark sheet
- 10th Class certificate
- Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Reserved category candidates will have to upload a valid certificate along with the admission form.
- It is mandatory for Candidates seeking admission under quotas like; NCC, Sports, and Cultural activities, etc. to upload there related documents.
Know more Dibru College Admission
Dibru College Placement
Dibru College has a placement cell alongside a career counseling wing. The aim is to increase value-based learning alongside developing professional behavior in the students. They offer internships and job opportunities for students to enhance their skills.
Given below is the placement data of graduate students of pervious academics years:-
|Academic Year||No. of Students Graduated||No. of Students Placed||Average Salary|
Read more Dibru College Placement
Dibru College Scholarship
In order to provide financial assistance to the students belonging to the economically weak section of the society, the college offers scholarships to the students who are bright but economically weak. The payment of the scholarship is credited to each individual’s Bank account. Apart from the scholarships students are also given books etc. annually with the help of this fund.
Scholarships aid given to the students of Dibru college are as follows:-
- National Merit Scholarship
- State Merit Scholarship
- ST/SC Scholarship.
- OBC/MOBC scholarship
Click here Dibru College Scholarship
Dibru College Facilities
Facilities provided by Dibru College to cater to the needs of students and faculty are mentioned below -
- Girls/boys common room: The college also has a separate Girls’ and boys Common Room with the required facilities.
- Lab: The college has Hi-Tech Laboratories for students to apply their theoretical knowledge practically and to conduct experiments.
- Computer facilities: Students and faculty members are provided with computer facilities with well connected Wi-Fi systems.
- Library: The Dibru College Central Library acts as a nucleus of knowledge and information to the college. Its collection has more than 40,012 books along with a large no. of journals, magazines, etc. It has more than 35,000+ e-books and 6000+ e-journal resources.
- Sports facilities: The indoor and outdoor games facilities provided to the students include cricket. Volleyball, badminton, table tennis, etc.
- Canteen: A canteen provided a wide variety of snacks to the students and faculty members at a minimal rate.
Know more Dibru College Hostel
Dibru College Faculty
The faculty of Dibru College hold masters and Ph.D. degrees in their respective areas and are experts in their respective fields. The faculty is supportive and is always there to help the students. At present; the college has 59 well-qualified and experienced teachers along with administrative, technical, and supporting staff.
Check Dibru College Faculty
Dibru College FAQs
Ques. Which is the best course to opt for in Dibru College?
Ans. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the Dibru College. It is also one of the most popular and sought after Courses. This course is feasible as per the demands and popularity of the course among students.
Ques. Is there a cutoff trend in Dibru admission criteria and if there is then what is the expected cutoff?
Ans. No. There is no cut- off criteria in the Dibru College admission process. It is basically based on the merit of your 10+2 Mark’s and on a first come first basis.
Ques. Does Dibru College provide hostel facilities for outstation students?
Ans. No, there are no hostel facilities available in the Dibru college campus so if you’re an outstation student you have to rent a PG or a flat near the college.
Ques. What documents are required during the time of admission?
Ans. The documents you must be needing during the admission process is your 10th class marksheet,12th class mark sheet, your provisional certificate, character certificate, passport size photos, photocopy of all the documents mentioned about the birth certificate, college admission form, etc.