Dibrugarh Hanumanbux Surajmal Kanoi College was established in 1945 and it is affiliated to Dibrugarh University. The DHSK College, originally named the Dibrugarh College, later on came to be renamed after its donors as Dibrugarh Hanumanbax Surajmall Kanoi College in 1957. The total land area in possession of the college is 16.61 acres. The College has in total twenty departments of which 12 nos. are in Arts and 8 nos. in Science streams respectively. It is recognized by UGC under section of 2(f) and 12(b). The College has been accredited by NAAC.
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Assamese
- Department of Bengali
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Botany
- National Cadet Corps
- National Service Scheme
- Red Ribbon Club
- The central library of the college has more than 40,000 books and subscribes to 11 journals, 9 magazines, bulletins etc.
- The library houses a reference room with around 10,000 books. The Library is computerized
- It uses Soul 2.0 software and Barcode reader printer & Scanner which is utilized for issue of library books
- N-list program facility is also available from this library
- The college has one girls’ hostel situated within the college campus
- The three storied building has well furnished rooms and has the capacity of accommodating about 100 boarders.
- There are twenty computers of latest configuration
- Broadband Wi-fi internet facility is available
- The beautiful building of the Lal Chand Kanoi Auditorium is situated near the main college building
- The spacious sound proof auditorium with a well-set stage has a capacity of seating more than 500