Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is an autonomous medical institute established in 1960 at Ranchi, Jharkhand. The institute was previously known as Rajendra Medical College Hospital after the name of the first President of India. It is affiliated to Ranchi University and has the approval of MCI. Presently it is running the MBBS course at the Undergraduate level and various PG Diploma, MD, MS, DM, M.Ch. & DM at the Post-graduate level. The institute has a 1500-bed multispecialty hospital and offers free medical service with medicine.
RIMS Ranchi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1960 | Government|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
RIMS Ranchi Courses
Following are the courses offered by Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, under various specializations and levels:
|MBBS||-||10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology with 50% marks in aggregate|
|M.Ch.||Neuro Surgery||MBBS degree with a valid JCECE score|
|M.D||Anaesthesiology, Bio-Chemistry, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, General Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD/MS||Anatomy, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology|
|MS||ENT, General Surgery, Orthopaedics|
|Diploma||Dermatology, Anaesthesia (DA), Venereology and Leprosy, Child Health (DCH), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DGO), Clinical Pathology (DCP), Ophthalmology (DOMS), Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (DLO), Orthopaedics (D Ortho)Psychological Medicine (DPM)|
Read more RIMS Ranchi courses and fees
RIMS Ranchi Admission
Candidates seeking admission in MBBS need to have a valid score in NEET or JCECE. 85% of seats are allotted through JCECE (State level examination) and 15% seats are allotted through NEET.
For admission the courses like PG Diploma, MD / MS / DM / M.Ch. candidates should have completed MBBS and need to qualify JCECE
How to Apply?
- After successfully qualifying the entrance exams, candidates can apply for the MBBS/PG Courses
- The form of application will be available on the official website
- Candidates have to fill in all the personal details, academic details, and entrance examination details
- Based on the ranks secured in the entrance examination, they will be called for the counseling process.
- The institute will release the final selection list at the official website
- Selected candidates need to pay the fee before the notified date.
Read more: RIMS Ranchi Admission
RIMS Ranchi Facilities
The Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences offers various facilities to students like the following.
- Hostels - There are seven boys’ hostel and six girl’s hostels. The hostels provide safe and good accommodation to the students. There is 24/7 electricity, Parking area, good sanitation facilities, TV rooms, Messes and many more
- Canteen- There is a canteen which remains open throughout the day, serves good quality food to satisfy the hunger of the medicos. The Campus also consists of a coffee shop which remains open till late at night
- Central Library – The library has a good collection of textbooks, reference books & many more. It covers an area of 2400 sq. Ft. & has the Open Access System so that students can freely check out any book of their choice. The library has an air-conditioned, well-furnished study room with a seating capacity of 300 students at a time.
- Other facilities- Bank, Labs, Stadium, Ambulance, Auditorium, Stadium
Read more RIMS Ranchi Hostels
RIMS Ranchi FAQs
Ques. How many seats are available for MBBS?
Ques. Can I take admission in MBBS without entrance test?
Ques. Are sports facilities available at RIMS Ranchi?
Ques. What is the application fee of JCECE?
Ques. Are any extracurricular clubs available?