Smt. B.K. Shah Medical Institute and Research Centre Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Smt. B.K. Shah Medical Institute & Research Centre, Vadodara was established in 2003. The college was affiliated to Gujarat University and recognized by medical council of India. The college is awarded deemed university status by UGC act of 1956. It offers Bachelor, Master and Paramedical courses in various field of medical science
- The college is associated with Dhiraj Hospital of 1100 beds
- The hospital has State-of-art diagnostic facilities like CT scan, MRI Scan, Ultrasound, and Digital X-rays. It also facilitates Clean Labour Room (CLR), Septic Labor Room (SLR), Radiotherapy Department with therapeutic services to both outpatients and indoor cancer patients, Blood Bank etc.
- The institute has unique Evidence Based Education System for undergraduate students
- It enrolled 150 students annually in MBBS
- The institute has modern infrastructure including 8 departments, 6 air-conditioned lecture theatres, well-equipped lab, separate common rooms for boys and girls etc.
Faculty Research Projects:
- An exploration of attitudes toward mental health among healers, patients and community members in Gujrat
- Comparative study of partial exchange transfusion versus whole blood transfusion
Student Research Projects:
- Screening for Dementia in rural geriatric population
- A unilateral early divison of branchia; artery and its clinical correlation
- Estimation of glycocylated hemoglobin (HBA1C) and serum fibrinogen level in patients with type II diabetes Melitus
- It has rich collection of books. There are 21818 books and 117 journals
- It also includes TV, VCR and photocopy facilities, internet and Medlar, air-conditioned computer lab with 50 nodes and audiovisual room with 1754 CD/DVDs
There is an auditorium with seating capacity of 500 people.
An air-conditioned central animal house with adequate number of small animals for experimental and research work, along with ancillary facilities, is available separately on the campus.
- The college has separate hostel for boys and girls for undergraduate students with capacity of accommodating 400 and 594 respectively
- Hostels for postgraduate students are available with 468 accommodation capacity