Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was established in the year 2000 and situated in a pleasant, peaceful atmosphere of greenery. It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and approved by Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI). It has a comprehensive range of general and super specialty medical services are provided here including complex surgeries to authentic ayurvedic experience at Vydehi AyurvedaGram. The faculty of the institute is highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated in the field of medical, dental science.
The institute focuses on delivering high quality, comprehensive, integrated medical education including innovative thoughts towards modern technology and research. The vision of the institute is to provide a world-class integrated healthcare system, with a focus on compassionate patient care to the underprivileged people. The mission of the institute is to bring healthcare to International standards within the reach of every individual.
VIMS Bangalore Highlights
|Established in the year||2000|
|Institute Type||Private Institution|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Set by||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)|
|Entrance Exam||National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Courses Offered||64 courses across 7 streams|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||NEET Score|
|Campus Area||65 Acres|
VIMS Bangalore Achievements
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was awarded by Quality Brands in the year 2012-2014 for Excellence in their respective field organised by RNI Government of India.
- Dr. Divya. S. postgraduate Student from the department of Pharmacology of Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre bagged the best Oral Paper Award in the 42nd National Conference of RSSDI, held at Bangalore in the year 2014.
- Mrs. Kalpaja D.A from Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre won the Rashtriya Udyog Ratna Award in the year 2012 for the Excellence in their respective Field on the occasion of 15th National Seminar on National Economic Growth Through Individual Contribution held at Mumbai. The Seminar was organised by the National Education & Human Resource Development Organisation.
VIMS Bangalore Courses
The college offers various UG, PG and super speciality courses in the field of medical sciences. Some of them with their specializations and eligibility are mentioned below:
|MBBS||-||10+2 (PCB) + NEET UG (50%+)||4 Years and 6 months|
|BDS||-||Qualifying Marks for different categories are as per The Dental Council of India Rules & Regulations.||4 Years|
|B.Sc||Cardiac Technology||Pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with science subjects (Nursing) Any equivalent examination recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the above purpose with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as principal subjects of study (for other specializations)||2 Years (Nursing) and 3 Years and 6 months (for other specializations)|
|Medical Imaging Technology|
|Operation Theatre Technology|
|Medical Radiological Technology|
|Renal Dialysis Technology|
|Respiratory Care Technology|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry||Candidates must meet all the requirements set by the Dental Council of India. Candidates must have a BDS degree from an institution recognized by the Dental Council of India. Must have a permanent registration from the Dental Council Of India.||3 Years|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Oral Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Public Health Dentistry|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry|
|DM||Cardiology||M.D. General Medicine/M.D. Paediatrics||3 Years|
|Endocrinology||M.D. General Medicine|
|M.Ch||Cardio-Vascular Thoracic Surgery Plastic Surgery||M.S. Surgery Permanent Medical Registration with Medical Council of India/ State Medical Councils & Karnataka Medical Council.||3 Years|
|Surgical Oncology||M.S. Surgery/ M.S.ENT/ M.S. Orthopaedics /M.S.OBG Permanent Medical Registration with Medical Council of India/ State Medical Councils & Karnataka Medical Council.|
|Neuro Surgery||M.S. Surgery Permanent Medical Registration with Medical Council of India/ State Medical Councils & Karnataka Medical Council.|
Apart from the courses mentioned above, the college also offers DM, MS, Diploma courses and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
Read more: VIMS Bangalore Courses and Fees
VIMS Bangalore Admission 2020
The candidates have to appear for NEET exam if they want to take admission to any of the courses offered by VIMS bangalore. They must have completed their 10+2 with PCB as the main subjects.
How to Apply?
- Go to Courses section > Click on Undergraduate Courses > Entire Undergraduate
Courses will appear.
- Click on the Online Application, the one you want. The Application Form will appear. https://www.vims.ac.in/education/download-forms.html
- Fill it with all the necessary information
- Then check with necessary Attested Photocopies whether you have attached or not.
- Download your application form and take a print out for further reference.
Read more: VIMS Bangalore Admission 2020
VIMS Bangalore Placement
Students get internships of 6 months and they learn a lot during that time. After that, the placement happens and almost 80% of students get placed in top reputed hospitals in India. The best thing about this internship will be that you will get to work as a duty doctor with the top doctors of India.
Placement is provided at parent hospital with full salary and free accommodation
Read more: VIMS Bangalore Placements
VIMS Bangalore Facilities
- Infrastructure: Lecture Hall of 1570 seating Capacity, Examination Hall of 800 seating capacity, Auditorium of 1500 seating capacity, Hospital of 1600 Beds capacity
- Library : The college has a well equipped library with books covering almost all subjects required by staff and students.
- Hostels: Hostels have a seating capacity of 2139 students. There are separate accommodations for boys and girls, which varies from single occupancy to three in a room, these hostels have independent libraries in their respective buildings. Every hostel has a solar heated water facility, water cooler, common telephone, common TV room, common reading room etc.
- Food Facilities: Adequate dining facilities are available for all students. Mess caters to a variety of food to suit all tastes.
- Sports facilities: The college provides sports and recreation facilities for the students. The sports facilities include outdoor games like volleyball, basketball, tennis and badminton and indoor games like carrom, chess. There is also a large playground for athletic and field events like running, javelin etc.
Read more: VIMS Bangalore Hostels
VIMS Bangalore Faculty
The College has a well qualified and experienced faculty. All of them have an experience of at least an year or two and are experts in their respective fields of study. The College focuses on providing quality education through a dedicated faculty who is always there to clear all kinds of doubts of students. The administration of the college is undertaken by the chairman D.K. Audikeshavulu.
Read more: VIMS Bangalore Faculty
VIMS Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Who are the recruiters associated with this Institute?
Ans. Clintrac, Medinova Group and M+ Maliya Hospital are the prominent recruiters associated with this Institute.
Ques. How many colleges are under this Institute?
Ans. Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre runs four major colleges which are associated with Paramedical, Dental, Nursing and Medical courses. Apart from this, the Institute has also established a Museum of its own where the medical discovery and research centre evokes the unity of all life.
Ques. Does the college follow Anti-ragging procedure?
Ans. Yes, the college strictly follows Anti-Ragging. The punishment extends from Suspension to a fine of INR 25,000/ 1 lakh depending on the circumstances.
Ques. Does the college accept Foreign Students?
Ans. Yes, the college accepts Foreign/NRI students provided they are qualified. The college has a dedicated department for the Counselling where all the students can ask for help.
Ques. Is there a banking facility inside the campus?
Ans. Yes, ATM facilities are available inside the campus.