Doranda College, established in 1962, is a co-educational college located in Ranchi, Jharkhand. In 1977, the college converted into a constituent college under the Ranchi University. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various disciplines. Additionally, it also offers Diploma course in Retail Management and vocational courses like BBA, BCA, IT, TTM, and OMSP.
The college offers BA in 17 specializations and B.Com in 5-specializations at the undergraduate level. At the postgraduate level, the college offers MA in 13-specializations and M.Sc. in 5-specializations. Admission to undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses, except for MBA and B.Ed. is based on marks scored in relevant subjects in intermediate and graduation, respectively.
Doranda College is also planning to start the graduate program in Hotel Management and add on courses in Fashion Designing, Rural Development, and Computer Applications, etc. Apart from the regular and vocational courses, remedial courses designed for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category. As far as the achievement of college is concerned, it is preparing a proposal to improve the skill development program under the Digital India project at the college level.
Doranda College Ranchi College Highlights
|Name of the College||Doranda College, Ranchi|
|University/College Type||Constituent College|
|Affiliating University||Ranchi University|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based/Entrance Exam|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Vocational and Intermediate|
|Popular Courses||BA, MA, B.Com, M.Com, MBA, B.Ed.|
|Facilities||Library, Auditorium, Sports, IT Lab, Wi-Fi network, Placement Cell|
|Campus Area||4.4 Acres|
Doranda College Ranchi Courses
|B.A. (Pass/Hons.)||Duration: 3 years
Subjects Offered: Psychology, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Economics and English
Eligibility: Passed in 10+2/Intermediate exams in any stream from a recognized board of education
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 years
Subjects Offered: Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, and Mathematics
Eligibility: Passed in 10+2/ Intermediate exams with science subjects from a recognized board of education
|B.Com. (Pass/Hons.)||Duration: 3 years
Subjects Offered: Accounts, Economics, Management, Finance
Eligibility: Passed 10+2/Intermediate exams in commerce stream from a recognized board of education
|MA||Duration: 2 years
Subjects Offered: Bengali, Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Kurux, Nagpuri, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit and Urdu
Eligibility: Passed in Graduation with a relevant subject from a recognized University
|M.Com||Duration: 2 years
Subjects Offered: Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations Management
Eligibility: Passed graduation with a relevant subject from a recognized University
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Subjects Offered: Finance, IT, Marketing, Rural Management, Human Resource
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline with 50 percent marks from a recognized University
|B.Ed.||Duration: 2 years
Subjects Offered: Curriculum development, school subjects pedagogy, educational psychology
Eligibility: Graduation with 45 percent marks in aggregate in relevant subjects from a recognized university
Doranda College Ranchi Admissions
Admission at Doranda College, Ranchi is either merit-based or entrance-based. Candidates for the courses like BA (Pass/Honours), B.Com (Pass/Honours), BBA, BCA, B.Sc. are selected based on merit in the qualifying exam/10+2.
Candidates for the PG courses like M.Sc., M.Com, and MA are selected based on marks in graduation exams. For admission to B.Ed., candidates are selected based on a valid score in the entrance examination conducted by the Jharkhand examination board.
Whereas, candidates for the courses such as MBA, and MRM are selected based on the entrance exam, followed by merit, GD/ PI.
How to Apply?
- The Application form is accepted through offline mode only.
- Candidates would need to download the prospectus along with the application form available on the official website of the college.
- For offline applications, candidates can obtain the application form by visiting the college.
- Applicants must read the prospectus and fill up the application form correctly.
- Candidates must pay the application fees, 400 rupees for BA, B.Sc., B.Com; 500 for MA, M.Sc. , M.Com, MBA, MRM, and Vocational Courses through the offline mode of payment.
- Candidates must take a print out of the application form along with the attested copies of the necessary documents and submit them at the college’s office.
- The application form fee in cash must be deposited, before the deadline at the college’s office.
Read more: Doranda College Admission
Doranda College Ranchi Placements
The college has a dedicated Training and Placement cell with experienced faculty to handle the placement organized on the campus. It organizes pre-placement activities such as seminars, workshops, and expert talk to boost the confidence of the students. Some of the top recruiters of the college are HCL Technologies, Flipkart, Myntra, ICICI Prudential, and many more.
Click here Doranda College Ranchi Placement
Doranda College Ranchi Scholarships
As it is constituent college, students belonging to SC/ST and Backward category get the scholarship and all other facilities provided by the department of welfare. e-Kalyan Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC students living in the state of Jharkhand and whose family’s annual income is not more than 2,50,000 and 1,50,000, respectively.
Also check Doranda College Ranchi Scholarships
Doranda College Ranchi Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by Doranda College, Ranchi to cater to the needs of the student as well as faculty members:
- College Library: The College has approximately forty-eight thousand books and Journals.
- Audio-Visual Education: The College provides this facility to its students as well as teachers for vocational and retail management courses.
- Sports: The College provides sports equipment to play both indoor as well as outdoor games like Basket Ball, Football, Cricket, Badminton and Hockey.
- Wi-Fi Campus: The College is well equipped with modern amenities like Wi-Fi internet service for better connectivity and help all the registered students and teachers.
Doranda College Ranchi Faculty
Most of the teachers have Ph.D. degrees and research published in reputed journals, books, and projects. The college faculty is not the only expert in their respective field but also actively participates in creating a dynamic academic environment.
- The college has a total of 25 departments divided among different faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Others.
- The total number of teaching staff is 55.
- The permanent faculty members consist of–
- Associate Professor-28
- Assistant Professor-4
Read more: Doranda College Faculty
Doranda College Ranchi FAQs
Ques. How is placement in Doranda College, Ranchi?
Ques. How is the college study culture and crowd?
Ques. What is the fee structure for students in MBA?
Ques. What facilities are available in the college?