Doranda College, Ranchi is an outcome of the dream of a local philanthropist who wished that the students should get a holistic education for the diverse world. It is a NAAC accredited constituent college under Ranchi University from April 1997. The unique atmosphere filled with democracy which under the banner of NSS takes up social causes of AIDS, deforestation, environmental pollution, population explosion & the like.
The college observes various activities like tourism day & Karate camp. There are remedial courses for SC/ST/OBC duly approved by UGC, New Delhi. The motto is to combine tradition & innovation in teaching by the experienced faculty.
Facts and Figures of Doranda College, Ranchi-
NAAC accrediated constituent unit of Ranchi University
Ministry of HRD, Govt. of Jharkhand & Grants by UGC, New Delhi
3 storied building for arts & commerce plus a science block under construction
No. of Faculties
Nearest Railway station
Birsa Munda Airport (Ranchi Airport)
How to reach
4 km. from Ranchi railway station; approx. 9 mins 9 sec. by road
Why Join Doranda College, Ranchi?
- Training & Placement- A well-developed Training & Placement cell organizes various seminars for the students & ex-students by inviting various MNC’s, companies & government organizations. For vocational course students, it trains the students in the related field of job-hunting. It also arranges outing experiences for the students.
- Research Projects- One of the achievements of the college is that two UGC minor research projects were submitted by the Department of Economics which are as follows:
- Sustainable Livelihood Issues In Jharkhand- A Case Study
- Impact Of Corporate Retailing On Local Shopkeepers & Consumers- A Case Study Of Ranchi
- Laboratory- The laboratories have latest equipments & the classrooms are well-furnished.