All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society College of Engineering (AISSMS COE), has recently been ranked 50th in India among the private Engineering Colleges and overall 69th in I3RC-Times Engineering Survey-2018. AISSMS COE offers BE, ME, Ph.D. to students applying at the college, admission to which is both merit and entrance based. The cut off for BE admissions ranges between 95-106.
Talking about the placements, the no. of students being placed is increasing year-by-year. The numbers are 301, 310, and 325 for the years 2017, 2018, and 2019 respectively. The major recruiters of the college are Godrej, IBM, TATA Consultancy Services, L’Oreal, Castrol, ICICI Bank, etc.
Read More: AISSMS College of Engineering Cut-off
|Established | Type||1992 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Courses offered | Type||BE, ME, and Research | Engineering|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Exam scores accepted||GATE|
|Application process||Online and Offline|
|Intake||UG: 660 and PG: 126|
|Facilities||Placement Cell, Hostel, Library, etc.|
|Full-Form||All Indian Shri Shivaji Memorial Society College of Engineering|
|Official website | Contact||http://aissmscoe.com/ | 91-20 2605 7660|
- Ranked 50th among private Engineering Colleges and overall 69th in the I3RC Times Engineering Survey 2018.
- Ranked among the first 200 Institutes as per the survey by NIRF of MHRD in 2017-18.
- Ranked 69th by Times of India in pan India survey, 2018-19.
- Ranked 39th by higher education review magazine at National level, 2018-19.
All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society College of Engineering (AISSMS) offers various courses in the streams of Engineering. Given below are the intake capacity of both Undergraduate (BE) and Postgraduate (ME) courses:
|Chemical Engineering||UG- 60
|Civil Engineering||UG- 120
PG (Structure)- 18
|Computer Engineering||UG- 60
|Electrical Engineering||UG- 60
|Electronics & Tele. Engineering||UG- 60
|Mechanical Engineering||UG- 120
PG (Automotive)- 18
|Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich)||UG- 60
PG (Design)- 18
|Production Engineering (Sandwich)||UG- 60|
Read More: AISSMS College of Engineering Fee Structure
The admission to AISSMS College of Engineering is both online as well as offline. Applicants can download the application form online and submit it upon completion at the college office to complete the application process.
- For B.Tech admission, the applicants should have passed in 10+2 from a recognized board/university.
- The minimum eligibility for ME/ M.Tech is that the applicant should be passed in graduation in a relevant field and possess valid GATE scores.
Applicants are selected entirely based on merit in the qualifying examination and the performance in the entrance examination. The college offers seat reservation for applicants belonging to OBC/ SC/ ST/ NT/ VJ/ SBC/ J&K.
Read More: AISSMS College of Engineering admission
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Production Engineering
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Indian Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE)
- General Student’s Association (GSA)
- Blood Donation
- Engineering today: It is an Annual Event organized by AISSMS. The engineering students from all over India are invited to exhibit their talents by participating in various competitions, viz. poster, paper, project, quiz, robotics, programming, model making, debate, design, technical meet, cultural and sports meet
- Ashwamedh: It organizes by AISSMS every year at the college campus educational complex in Pune. The engineering students from all over the state are invited to exhibit their talents by participating in various cultural and sports competitions, viz. Dance, Singing, Band, Photography, One- Act Play, Football, Basketball, Kabaddi, Chess, Table-Tennis, etc.
Ques. How are the placements of All India Shri Shivaji Memorial College?
Ans. The placement rate of AISSMS is increasing year-by-year. The previous three-year records of the college shows an increment in the no. of students placed:
- 2017- 301
- 2018- 310
- 2019- 325
Students are given Pre- Placement training to improve their skills in Aptitude tests, English communication, Group discussion, and Personal interviews. The training package has been developed in coordination with industry experts for imparting English communication skills. Some of the experts from various industries are called for soft skills training for BE batch. Experts from various industries are invited to deliver Seminars on higher studies and career guidance for students.
Read More: AISSMS College of Engineering Placement
Ques. Are sandwich courses good?
Ans. Mechanical and Production Sandwich Courses of All India Shri Shivaji Memorial provide an opportunity for students to interact with industry professionals and conduct training in reputed companies like TATA Motors, Thermax, SKF Bearing, JCB, John Deere, Volkswagen, etc. The training period starts in the second semester of 3rd-year and the first semester of the final year. The duration of each training period is 6 months.
Sandwich courses of 4-year duration also include one-year inplant training and the degree is awarded by the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Ques. Who to contact for placement related queries?
Ans. Dr. A. V. Waghmare is the head of the training and placement department. Students may contact him via mail or phone. Given below are the details for the same:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Line: (020) 26058507
- Mobile Number: +91 9096120365, +91 9834171570