Fatima College is a Catholic minority institution for women which was established in the year 1953. The college is located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. It is affiliated by Madurai Kamaraj University and recognized by UGC. The college is known for offering an excellent education, innovative course curriculum, research potential, excellent infrastructure, and placement opportunities. It provides education in various UG, PG and research courses.
Fatima College Highlights
Type of Programs
UG, PG, Diploma and Doctorate
Merit and Entrance based
Fatima College Courses
The institute offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in multiple disciplines. The duration of UG, PG and research courses is varied. The table below represents the details for the same:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Research Programs|
|B.A (History/ Economics/ English/ Tamil/ Sociology with Computer Applications)||M.A. (Economics/ Tamil/ English/ History)||Ph.D. (Tamil/ English/ Physics/ Home Science/ Economics)|
|B.Sc (Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Zoology)||M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology)||M.Phil (Economics/ English/ Mathematics/ Commerce/ Tamil)|
Read more Fatima College Courses and Fee Structure
Fatima College Admission
Candidates seeking admission in the college are required to apply only in online mode by visiting the official website of the college. They will also be required to pay an application fee of INR 100 for UG courses and INR 150 for PG Courses through an online payment mode.
- UG Courses – Intermediate graduate in a relevant stream
The selection is strictly based on the merit of the last qualifying examination. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks are only considered for the admission process.
- PG Courses – Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks
The selection process consists of an entrance exam followed by group discussion and interview round. Eligible candidates need to appear for any of the entrance exams such as TANCET, MAT, CAT, CMAT. Based on the entrance test score, meritorious candidates will be called for group discussion and interview round.
Note: Admission to M.Sc. program is done on the basis of UG merit and personal interview round.
Research Programs – Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks
The selection for Ph.D. program is done through GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ JRF score while for M.Phil. program, students are exempted from appearing in any entrance exam.
Know more Fatima College Admission Process
Fatima College Placement
The college provides excellent placement and training opportunities for its students. The cell organizes seminars, expert talks, mock interview sessions to gear up the students for future placements. They are exposed to the current market requirements. The graph shows the placement statistics of the college from the past few years:
Top recruiters coming for placement are Wipro, CTS, TCS, IBM, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, TIME, TCS School, Thaai Schools and many more.
Fatima College Scholarship
The college provides various government and state government scholarship. Students wishing to apply for any scholarship are advised to check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the college. Fatima College Scholarships list is mentioned below.
- Adi – Dravidar Welfare Scholarship
- Backward Classes Welfare Scholarship
- MBC Welfare Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students
- Scholarship for the Differently-abled
- Defense service scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship / Bright Students Award
- TNET Scholarship
- Chief Ministers’ Uzhavar Paadhukappu Thittam – Scholarship
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
Why Join Fatima College?
1. End to end Infrastructural amenities - The College offers excellent infrastructure like Canteen, state of the art library, hostels, Research cell, Net Caching Center, Consumer Club, Human Rights Cell, high-end transportation facilities, various sports-related activities and infrastructures like grounds and sports equipment.
2. Ensuring Excellence in Education - Initiating with a century of experience in the field of education, the college is relentlessly striving hard to bring about excellence in education, especially for the women. Holistic education based on strong moral values is imparted to the students.
3. Very supportive and experienced faculties - The College offers an excellent education with the help of highly qualified and experienced faculty members in various disciplines.