Fergusson College, Pune was established in 1885 by Deccan Education Society (DES). The college is affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) and accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. The college has consistently maintained an excellent academic record over its entire history. This attracts many outstanding students from all over the country and even from other countries
Fergusson College offers degree courses in Arts (BA) and Science (B.Sc.). It also offers courses leading to a Master's Degree in Arts and Science subjects. There is increasing interaction with industry through the departments of Computer Science, Electronic Science, and Chemistry department.
Check Fergusson College Admissions
Fergusson College Courses
Fergusson College offers a three-year Bachelor’s degree in various specializations of Arts and Science. FC also offers two-year Master’s courses in various disciplines of Arts and Science at postgraduate level.
Passed class 12th in any stream
Bachelor’s in Arts in concerned subjects with 50% aggregate marks
On the basis of merit and entrance examination for SPPU students and Entrance exam for students from other universities
Check Fergusson College Courses & Fees
Fergusson College Distinctive Features
- Established on January 2, 1885, by Deccan Education Society (DES)
- Awarded “College of Excellence” by UGC in 2017
- Science Departments recognized under the Department of Science and Technology - FIST Programme in 2012
- Awarded “Special Heritage Status” by the UGC in 2014
- Awarded “DBT STAR College Scheme” by DBT, Government of India, in 2014: Six departments identified (Biotechnology, Chemistry, Electronic Science, Microbiology, Physics, and Zoology) for support by DBT
- Ranked 27th in Nationwide Overall College Ranking and 2nd in Maharashtra by NIRF, MHRD
Fergusson College Scholarships
Keeping the financial needs of the students in mind, the college offers the following scholarships: National Scholarship, Eklavya Scholarship, AFWW Merit Scholarship, Government Open Scholarship and many more.
Fergusson College Campus
The college strives to provide excellence in education and prepare the students for imbibing knowledge and skills. Below mentioned are some of the distinctive features of the college:
- The college has a sufficient number of classrooms with well-ventilated spacious arrangements.
- Science departments have separate buildings and laboratories for general as well as research programs. There are 52 laboratories for general and 15 laboratories for research programs.
- Special research facilities include Central Instrumentation laboratory which has high-end equipment like Atomic Spectrophotometer, High-performance Liquid Chromatography, UV-visible Spectrophotometer and many more.
- The college played a proactive role in grooming students with specific spaces for extra-curricular activities. Sports equipment have been added with a separate gymnasium for both girls and boys.
- Fergusson College has one of the oldest libraries across the state. With changing times, the library has been modified in terms of infrastructure and services.
- It also has separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls with all the basic amenities. There is also a visiting doctor at the girls’ hostel which has basic medical facilities.