Fergusson College (FC), Pune was established in 1885 by Deccan Education Society (DES). The college is affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) and accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. The College has consistently maintained an excellent academic record over its entire history. This attracts many outstanding students from all over the country and even from other countries
Fergusson College offers degree courses in Arts (B. A.) and Science (B.Sc.). The College also offers courses leading to a Master's Degree in Arts and Science subjects. There is increasing interaction with industry through the departments of Computer Science, Electronic Science, and Chemistry department.
Read More: Fergusson College (FC) Admissions
Fergusson College (FC) Courses
Fergusson College offers a three-year Bachelor’s degree in various specializations of Arts and Science. FC also offers, the college offers two-year Master’s courses in various disciplines of Arts and Science at postgraduate level.
Passed class 12th in any stream
Bachelor’s in Arts in concerned subjects with 50% aggregate marks
On the basis of merit and entrance examination for SPPU students and Entrance exam for students from other universities
Read More: Fergusson College Courses & Fees
Fergusson College (FC) Distinctive Features
- Established on 2nd January 1885 by Deccan Education Society (DES) - Celebrating the 132nd year
- Awarded “College of Excellence” by UGC in 2017
- Science Departments recognized under the Department of Science and Technology - FIST Programme in 2012
- Awarded “Special Heritage Status” by the UGC in 2014
- Awarded “DBT STAR College Scheme” by DBT, Government of India, in 2014: Six departments identified (Biotechnology, Chemistry, Electronic Science, Microbiology, Physics, and Zoology) for support by DBT
- Ranked 35th in Nationwide Overall College Ranking and 2nd in Maharashtra by NIRF, MHRD