Apollo Engineering College Admission 2020: Courses, Fees, Application Process
Apollo Engineering College, also known as AEC came into existence in the year 2007. It is affiliated to Anna University and is approved by AICTE.
AEC offers B.E, M.E and MBA courses. For admission into B.E, the college provides admission through TNEA Counselling based on the 10+2 score. While for securing admission in M.E and MBA, students have to take the TANCET exam followed by TANCET Counselling. Besides TANCET, the institute also accepts CAT score for MBA and GATE score for M.E.
Applicants have to apply for the TNEA portal or TANCET portal to apply for the preferred course.
|B.E||10+2 with 50% marks in PCM||3,40,000 INR||Click Here|
|M.E||B.Tech with 50% marks||1,00,000 INR||Click Here|
|MBA||Graduation with 50% marks||70,000 INR||Click Here|
Apollo Engineering College Admission Highlights 2020
Candidates can scroll down the table of facts for information regarding AEC admissions.
|Name of the Institute||Apollo Engineering College|
|Also Known as||AEC|
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Courses Offered||B.E, M.E and MBA|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance-Based|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||M.E - TANCET/GATE MBA - TANCET/CAT|
|Affiliated University||Anna University|
Apollo Engineering College B.E Admission 2020
The table shows some of the basic details related to the B.E course
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Criteria||Qualifying Exam Score and TNEA Counselling|
AEC offers B.E under 5 specializations that includes Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering.
For admission into B.E courses, candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for BC, 40% for MBC and passing marks for SC/ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The college provides admission to candidates through TNEA Counselling based on the class 12th score.
- During the counselling, applicants have to register online, get their documents verified and fill the choice of course and college i.e AEC.
- The concerned authority will allot seats to eligible students based on their score and choices.
- After the allotment, students need to confirm the allotted seat by paying the fee.
- At last they have to report at the allotted college for further admission formalities.
Apollo Engineering College M.E. Admission 2020
Go through the table to obtain information about the M.E course
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Criteria||GATE/TANCET Score and TANCET Counselling|
AEC offers M.E under 2 specializations namely Computer Science & Engineering and VLSI Design.
The minimum eligibility for M.E course is a B.E/B.Tech degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- For selections, students need to appear in the TANCET exam.
- Post declaration of result, the concerned authority will release a merit list based on the TANCET rank.
- Candidates who have their names in the list are called for TANCET Counselling.
- Those who have a valid score in the GATE exam are also considered for admission. Such candidates have to directly appear for the Counselling round.
- During counselling, verification will be done and seats will be allotted based on the entrance exam score and choices filled by the candidate.
- Candidates with a seat need to confirm it and report at the allotted college for further admission process.
Apollo Engineering College MBA Admission 2020
The table encapsulates data regarding the MBA course for those who are seeking admission in it.
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Criteria||CAT/TANCET Score and TANCET Counselling|
MBA is offered in 3 specializations viz Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management
A candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a recognised University.
- To be selected for MBA course, an eligible candidate must qualify the TANCET exam.
- After the result declaration, a merit list will be published containing names of students based on their rank.
- Such students have to be present for the TANCET Counselling.
- Applicants who have a valid CAT score are also considered for admission and they have to directly take part in the counselling.
- At the time of counselling, seat allotment will be done based on the rank and choice of course and college filled by the students.
- At last, the selected applicants have to visit at the allotted college to complete the admission formalities.
How to Apply for Apollo Engineering College?
Applicants have to follow a stepwise procedure to fill the application form for the TNEA Counselling and TANCET exam to get admission in the UG and PG courses. The complete procedure for all the courses are mentioned below:
Steps to Apply for B.E Course
- Visit the official website of TNEA.
- Register yourself by providing a username and password.
- Now login with the above credentials to fill the online application form.
- Enter all the necessary details and fill the preferred TFC for document verification.
- Make payment of INR 500/- (INR 250/- for SC/SCA/ST categories) and then submit the form.
- After successful registration, you will receive a PDF document through the TNEA Application Processing System.
- Take a printout of the same and affix a recent passport size photograph.
- This printout has to be submitted at the TFC during the verification time.
Steps to Apply for M.E and MBA Course
- Go to the official website of TANCET.
- Click on the Registration link to register by providing essential details.
- A key will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Next, you have to login by entering the registered email id, password and TANCET key.
- Upon successful registration, proceed to fill the application form with entrance test, personal, communication and academic details.
- After filling, upload scanned images of required documents.
- Now pay application fee of INR 600/- (INR 300 for SC/SCA/ST candidates) through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Once the payment is complete take a printout of duly filled application form.
Candidates need to submit the following documents for verification at the time of admission:
- Original 10+2 mark sheets
- Original degree mark sheets, if applicable
- Transfer Certificate or TC
- Community Certificate
- Passport size photographs
Ques. Does the college provide accommodation on campus?
Ans. Yes, there is a hostel facility available for girls and boys with mess and other essential facilities.
Ques. Is there any transportation service available for up down?
Ans. There are almost 25 fleets of buses available for day scholars on different routes.
Ques. What is the provision for lateral entry after diploma?
Ans. For general category, minimum 50% aggregate is required, 45% for BC, 40% for MBC and pass percentage for SC/ST category is essential for direct second year admission.
Ques. Does the college offer admission to foreign students?
Ans. Yes, for that the candidate needs to pass higher secondary equivalent in the respective country and Anna University has to approve the same for issue of eligibility certificate.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters?
Ans. Some of the reputed organizations visit the campus for placing students which includes Infosys, HCL, MRF, Tata Consultancy Services, Dell, Avalon, Sutherland, etc.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College