Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering, Bankura, West Bengal was inaugurated by the chief minister of West Bengal in the year of 1998. The institute offers BCA, B.Sc, B.Voc and undergraduate and post graduate courses in the field of engineering.
The institute is affiliated to Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology and is approved by AICTE. For admissions, the university considers scores of entrance examinations such as WBJEE, WB JELET, JEE Mains, GATE and WB PGET.
The procedure to apply for admissions is completely online conducted by WBJEEB. Various scholarship options are available by the state government of West Bengal for the needy and meritorious students.
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering|
|Established | Type||1998 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrances Accepted||WBJEE, WB JELET, JEE Mains, GATE and WB PGET|
|Campus Area||42 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Gym, Computer Centre|
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering Courses
|B.Tech||Specializations : Computer Science and Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
Eligibility : Passed HSC from a recognised board
B.Tech (Lateral Entry) : Diploma in Engineering / B.Sc from a recognized university
Selection Criteria : On the basis of WBJEE / JEE Main
B.Tech (Lateral Entry) : On the basis of WB JELET
|M.Tech||Specializations : Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication
Eligibility : The candidate should possess B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.SC degree in relevant specialization
Selection Criteria : Based on score of GATE / WB PGET
|B.Voc||Specializations : Software Development, Graphics and Multimedia|
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering Admissions
Admission to the B.Tech course is offered on the basis of marks obtained in JEE Mains or WB JEE
Lateral admission to second year of B.Tech is offered on the basis of WBJELET examination
For admission to the M.Tech program, candidates are selected on the basis of score in GATE/WB PGET
How to apply?
For admission through WBJEE, WB PGET, WBJELET, candidates need to apply through the official website of WBJEEB. For admission through JEE Mains, candidates have to apply through the official website of the conducting body. The procedure is as follows :
- Visit the official website of WBJEEB and download the application form.
- The application form needs to be filled with all the necessary details asked for.
- After filling out the form, the candidate needs to set a password and a security question and finally submit the form.
- After registration, they have to upload a scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Post uploading documents, the candidate needs to pay the application fee of INR 500 by means of Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan.
- Finally, they will be able to download the ‘Confirmation Page’ and take a print out of the confirmation page along with the admit card.
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering Placements
The placement and training cell of the institute does its best to provide the best job offers to the students. The top recruiters of the institute include :
- Mantra Labs
- Hexaware Technology
- BMWIL Industries Ltd.
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering Facilities
For the betterment of its students and faculty members, the institute provides the following facilities :
- Library : The central library of the institute houses more than 36,000 books and over 4,500 titles. The library also provides e-journals, reading room and photocopier machine facility to the students.
- Computer Centre : The computer centre is open for use of students of all departments and even faculty and staff members. The computer centre is connected to the campus wide network and 24X7 internet facility. It also caters the need of online examinations and online aptitude practice sessions.
- Hostel : The hostel of the institute is spread over an area of 31 acres. There are a total of 4 hostels and separate hostels for boys and girls. All the hostels are provided with guest rooms, medical facilities, wardens, mess, staff and security measures and proper hygiene. Residential quarters are also available for faculty members and non-teaching staff within the campus.
- Sports : With proper playgrounds and courts, the institute also encourages active participation in sports and games. The institute organizes annual sports competitions and inter college tournaments.
- Gym : The institute also houses a gym with all proper equipments and a trainer which help the students to maintain their fitness levels and perform some physical activity.
Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering Faculty
The faculty members of the institute are well versed with their respective subjects and are constantly working to upgrade their knowledge. Most of the faculty members are Ph.D holders or post graduation degree holders. They help students with their academics as well as their overall development. The number of faculty members of the institute are :
- Associate Professors : 3
- Assistant Professors : 56
Ques. What facilities are provided by the institute?
Ques. Which entrance exam is considered for admission to the B.Tech program?
Ques. Which clubs are a part of the institute?
Ques. How is the placement record of the institute?
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarship to the students?