Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering was established in 1998. BUIE is located in Bankura, West Bengal and is affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (Formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology) and Government of West Bengal.
At Undergraduate level, Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering offers B.Tech degree course in six disciplines. At Postgraduate level, the college offers M.Tech degree course in two specializations. The college also offers B.Tech Lateral Entry to the candidates.
- The applications for all the courses are accepted through both offline and online mode.
- Minimum eligibility for B.Tech course is 10+2 examination with PCM subjects from a recognized board.
- Admission to B.Tech is done on the basis of WBJEE or JEE Main.
- Candidates having Diploma in Engineering or a three-year B.Sc. degree can apply for admission to B.Tech second year lateral entry program.
- Admission to B.Tech Lateral entry is done on the basis of WBJELET.
- 80% seats of the approved intake are allocated to the WBJEE qualified candidates, while 10% seats are allocated to the JEE Main qualified candidates. The rest 10% seats are filled by the colleges as Management Quota.
- Candidates having BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant discipline or M.Sc./ MCA degree in the relevant field can apply for M.Tech courses.
- Selection to M.Tech course is on the basis of candidates’ performance in the GATE examination.
- However, candidates not having GATE score have to appear for WBUT PGET conducted by the University.
Admission Highlights of Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering
|Name of College||Bankura Unnayani Institute of Engineering|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam Based|
|Application Mode||Both Online and Offline|
|Name of Entrance||B.Tech: WBJEE/ JEE Main|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry): WBJELET|
|M.Tech: GATE/ PGET|