Bhagalpur College of Engineering, referred to as BCE, was established in 1960 in Bihar. The college offers B.Tech and B.Tech lateral courses in 5 specializations. It also launched the M.Tech programs in 2 specializations in the academic session 2019-20. Admissions to all courses are on the basis of entrance examinations. The UG courses admissions are based on JEE Mains scores, while PG courses are based on GATE scores. Counseling is conducted by the BCECE board through UG EAC and PG EAC.
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1960 | Public|
|Set By||Department of Science and Technology, Bihar|
|University||Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Tech Lateral and M.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Tests||JEE Main and GATE|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, HCL, Prism Johnson Ltd., IBM, Infosys|
|Facilities Available||Laboratories, Gym, Cafeteria, Sports, Hostel, Library, etc.|
Read more: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Reviews
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Courses
Bhagalpur College of Engineering offers 5 specializations of B.Tech, and B.Tech lateral. Additionally, the institute also launched an M.Tech in the 2019-20 academic session in 1 specialization. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with an aggregate 45% in Science
Specializations: Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Civil Engineering
Selection Criteria: JEE Mains
Fees per annum: INR 1.13 lakhs
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 Years
Specializations: Micro Electronics, and VLSI Technology
Selection Criteria: GATE
Read More: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Fees
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Admissions
Admissions for the B.Tech course is on the basis of JEE Mains examination, while for the M.Tech course, GATE scores are considered. Students have to appear in the Undergraduate Engineering Admission Counselling (UG EAC) for B.Tech, and Postgraduate Engineering Admissions Counselling (PG EAC) for M.Tech. This is conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Board.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of BCECE. Click on “Online Application Portal of UG EAC 2020 / PG EAC 2020” as per your requirement.
- Fill in the required information to make an account.
- After successfully registering and activating the account, sign in and submit the required details. Click on Save and Continue.
- Upload the photograph, signature and documents.
- Enter the educational details and click on Save and Continue.
- Preview the information. If everything is accurate, click on Proceed to Payment.
- Pay the application fee.
- Download a copy of the form.
- Original Gate Score Card / JEE Main Score Card
- PG EAC / UG EAC Rank Score Card
- Passing Certificate / Marksheet / Admit Card of all examinations till date
- CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate by concerned Institution
- Residence Certificate duly issued by concerned C.O.
- Caste Certificate duly issued by Concerned C.O. of Permanent Residence.
- Six copies of passport size photographs which were uploaded during filling of the Online Application Form.
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Downloaded Print of Online filled Application Form
Read More: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Admission
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Placements
A dedicated Training and Placement cell is present in the college that facilitates smooth recruitment of the students via placement and provides vital training. The Placement Session begins in the month of August and goes up until June of the following year. Invitations are sent to the prospective companies and students are prepared with pre-placement talks, tests, GDs, personal interviews, etc. During the 2018-19 session, 26 undergraduates were successfully placed in reputed companies. Some of the major recruiters of BCE are:
|Tech Mahindra||Honeywell||Power Grid Corporation|
Read More: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Placement
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Facilities
- Library: The digital library of the college goes hand in hand with the progressive technology as it contains around 3000 online courses that are available for the students and the faculty both to expand their ocean of knowledge. It is hosted on the online platform as well as on a mobile application which makes access to information available anywhere anytime.
- Hostel: There is a hostel facility on campus for both the male and female students. Regular maintenance of the spacious hostel rooms is done and is supervised by the warden and hostel superintendent. Application for admission to the hostel should be made prior to the prescribed form.
- Sports: The institute offers its students ample extra-curricular activity options in the form of various sports as provides the facility of a Cricket ground, a Volleyball ground, and a Badminton court.
- Medical Facility: The college appoints a registered medical practitioner for the sake of student’s health and conducts health check-ups for the students at regular intervals.
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Faculty
The faculty of BCE is highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields of teaching. There are a total of 56 teaching faculty members. 12 professors are qualified with Ph.D. degrees. The faculty comprises of:
- 54 Assistant Professors
- 1 Associate Professor
- 1 Professor
Read More: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Faculty
Bhagalpur College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?
Ques. What was the trend of Cut Off for the B.Tech program?
|Computer Science and Engineering||7-126|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||62-620|
Read More: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Cut Off
Ques. What are the important PGEAC dates?
|Online Registration||16th June to 30th June 2020|
|Last date of payment||2nd July 2020|
|Online Editing of Application Form||5th July 2020|
|Publication of Rank Card & Counselling Programme||7th July 2020|
|Proposed date of Counselling||10th to 11th July 2020|
Ques. How do we check the results?
Read More: Bhagalpur College of Engineering Results
Ques. Can I apply if I have not given my final examinations?