Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College was established in 1948 in Gujarat, India and is a grant-aided autonomous college that offers engineering programs to UG, PG and doctorate level candidates. The institute is affiliated to the Gujarat Technological Instituteand is spread over an area of 18.96 acres. The university provides various UG courses that involve a B.Tech in several different specializations, and similarly, there are also M.Tech and doctorate programs in various fields. Admission to the UG programs is made depending on the candidate's score in the GUJCET examination. Similarly, admission to the PG programs is made depending on the GATE score of the candidate.
The institute is one of the oldest engineering colleges in the country and was the first one to make use of the relative grading system. All the institute's engineering courses are AICTE approved, and the college consistently ranks amongst the top ones in the Gujarat state.
BVM Gujarat Highlights
|Name of the College||Birla Vishvakarma Mahavidyalaya Engineering College|
|Established I Type||1948 I Private Institute|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat Technical University (GTU)|
|Campus area||18.19 Acres|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Name of Entrance Exam||GUJCET|
BVM Gujarat Rankings
This college consistently ranks as one of the best in the country and listed below are the rankings of this institute:
- The institute was recently ranked in the 251-300 band in the Engineering Colleges category in the NIRF 2020 rankings.
- The college was ranked 6th in the entire state of Gujarat in the Engineering Colleges category.
BVM Gujarat Courses
The institute offers several UG, PG, and doctorate programs to eligible candidates and tabulated below are all the course details and eligibility and selection criteria:
|Course Name||Specialization||Duration||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.Tech||Civil Engineering||4 Years||10+2 in Science stream with a minimum of 45% marks is required for B. Tech programs.||GUJCET|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|M.Tech||Structural Engineering||Two Years||B.E./ B. Tech. or equivalent with minimum 45% at the qualifying exam||GATE|
|Construction Engineering and Management|
|Infrastructure Engineering and Technology|
|Transportation System Engineering|
|PDDC||Mechanical Engineering||4 Years||Diploma||Merit based|
Read more: BVM Gujarat Courses & Fees
BVM Gujarat Admission
For B. Tech programs
Applicants wanting to take admission through GUJCET can apply online by visiting the official GSEB website. New applicants need to register on the website before filling the online application form. Candidates can get the required information brochure and PIN for registration by paying the application fee of INR 300 at any of the help centers given by the board. A unique user ID, as well as a password, will be sent to the candidate to use for future correspondence. The online application procedure post-registration is as follows:
- The candidate must submit a DD of INR 300 in favor of Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, which is payable at Gandhinagar.
- Scanned copies of the candidate's passport-size photograph and signature are required while filling the application form.
- All required personal and educational details should be filled correctly.
- After filling all the required details, the applicant needs to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the mentioned format.
- The applicant needs to review all the particulars before submitting the application form.
- Upon submission of the application form, a unique application number will be generated for each candidate, which he/she will need to keep safe for future correspondence.
- A printout of the completed filled application form and self-attested photocopies of the requisite documents need to be submitted at nearby help Center.
- The acknowledgment slip after submission of the registration form is to be taken from the closest Help Center.
For M. Tech Programs
The procedure of admission for M. Tech programs is similar to that for B. Tech courses except for the fact that the candidates can apply through a dedicated website instead of the official GSEB website. The application fee for M. Tech candidates is INR 1000. Print outs and self-attested copies of required documents must be submitted at the suitable Help Centre.
Read more: BVM Gujarat Admission
BVM Gujarat Placements
- The institute is known for having the best placement record across the entire state compared to other engineering colleges.
- Over 35+ companies, including big names like Infosys, TCS, L&T, and Siemens, visit the campus every year for recruitments.
Read more: BVM Gujarat Placements
BVM Gujarat Scholarships
Scholarships are given to deserving students who meet the eligibility criteria set by the Government of India and the Gujarat State Government. Private scholarships are also given to eligible candidates. The following scholarships are given by the BMV Engineering College:
- MYSY Scholarship
- CMSS Scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- Jammu & Kashmir Scholarship
- Union Territory Students Scholarship
- Charutar Vidya Mandal Scholarship
- Elecon Engg. Co. Ltd. Scholarship
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Schedule Caste Scholarship
- Schedule Tribe Scholarship
- Socially & Educationally Backward Class Scholarship
- Bhaikaka Foundation Scholarship
- R.M. Patel Scholarship
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
- Central Warehousing Scholarship
- Technical Education (Gujrat) Staff Welfare & Charitable Fund Scholarship
- Kalaskar Education Service Merit Scholarship
- Pragati & Saksham AICTE Award Scholarship
Read more: BVM Gujarat Scholarship
BVM Gujarat Facilities
Listed below are some of the many facilities provided by this institute:
- Fully equipped auditorium with a capacity of 350 students and state of the art technology.
- Conference Room in the Mechanical Engineering building with all the required facilities.
- The institute has a workshop for the Production Engineering course.
- The institute also houses a workshop for Civil Engineering programs.
- Well equipped guest rooms are present on the campus.
- A multipurpose hall is also present on the campus.
- Computer Labs for students and faculty.
- The newly renovated college canteen is an added feature.
BVM Gujarat Faculty
The college has a well qualified and experienced faculty. All the staff members have completed their Master’s or PhD degree from prestigious institutes. At present, there are 132 faculty members and the teacher to student ratio is 1:21. The college is headed by the principal Dr. Indrajit Patel.
Read more: BVM Gujarat Faculty
BVM Gujarat FAQs
Ques. What documents are required for admission to B.Tech ?
- Candidate's 10th Standard Mark Sheet
- Candidate's 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Candidate's GUJCET Result
- Candidate's School Leaving or Transfer Certificate
- Candidate's Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate's Certificate of Income issued by the State of Government in this matter.
- Photograph of the candidate for other State/other than Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary School Examination Board
- Other certificates, as mentioned by the admission committee.
Ques. Which course of BVM Gujarat is more preferred?
Ques. What all technical activities are conducted in the college?
Ques. Apart from academics what other cultural activities are there in the college?
Ques. What is the ranking of BVM, Gujarat?