C V Raman College of Engineering (CVRCE) Bhubaneswar is well known for its B.Tech program and placements. The college has placed a total of 2,263 students in recent placements in well-reputed companies like Cognizant, Wipro, and Infosys. The salary package offered to them ranges between INR 2- INR 4 LPA.
CVRCE Bhubaneswar offers nine Undergraduate and 11 Postgraduate programs in the streams of Science, Management, and Engineering. Admission to the college is both merit and entrance based followed by the OJEE counseling. The institute gives the cut-off criteria for admission.
C V Raman College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Type||1997 | Private|
|Affiliated to ||BPUT, Rourkela|
|Recognized by||AICTE, NAAC, and NBA|
|Courses offered | Type||UG, PG, and Doctoral | Management, Engineering, and Science|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted exam score||JEE Main, OJEE, CAT, XAT, MAT, and ATMA|
|Application Mode | Fee||Online | INR 500/ INR 1000|
|Top recruiters||Cognizant, Infosys, and Wipro|
|Official website | Contact||https://aei.cvrce.edu.in/ | 91 9444786904|
C V Raman College of Engineering Courses
CVRCE Bhubaneswar offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral courses in various specializations. Courses offered are:
- Specializations: Electrical & Electronics Engg., Chemical Engg., Civil Engg.,Computer Science and Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics & Telecommunication Engg., Computer Science & Information Technology, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engg., Computer Science and System Engg., and Computer Engg (Software Engg.).
- Total Intake: 1,080
- Specializations: Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics & Computing, and Applied Chemistry.
- Total Intake: 80
- M.Tech/ MBA
- Specializations: Electrical Engg/ Power System, Heat Power, Mechatronics, Computer Science & Engg., Master in Business Administration, and Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.
- Total Intake: 132
- Engineering: Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Engineering, Computer Science
- Science: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Management: Finance, HR, Marketing
- Eligibility: M.Tech./ M.Sc./M.Phil/ M. Pharm./ M.A./ MBA as relevant to the discipline of interest with academic score as listed in the regulations.
Read More: C V Raman College of Engineering Fee Structure
C V Raman College of Engineering Admission
For admission to CVRCE Bhubaneswar, applicants must obtain a valid score in the qualifying exam; shortlisted candidates are called for counseling by Odisha JEE (OJEE) for the final selection.
- For B.Tech admissions, applicants must submit JEE Main scores.
- There is also a provision for B.Tech lateral entry, admission to which is through OJEE counseling.
- For M.Tech admissions, applicants must submit the OJEE exam score.
- For MBA, applicants must submit CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA exam score.
- For M.Sc, merits obtained in B.Sc in relevant subject.
Read More: C V Raman College of Engineering Admission
C V Raman College of Engineering Placement
CVRCE Bhubaneswar has an active placement cell which helps students in finding good career opportunities. The cell assists students in various placement related activities and make them industry-ready by grooming their skills. The cell also provides information about the company, interview questions, helps students in writing a good resume, and also prepares the student for the interview.
The recent placement stats of C V Raman College of Engineering show the tremendous job of the placement cell:
|Year||No. of Students Placed||Median Salary Package|
|2015-16||B.Tech: 823 |
|B.Tech: INR 3.9 LPA|
M.Tech: INR 2.28 LPA
|B.Tech: INR 3.8 LPA|
M.Tech: INR 2.3 LPA
|B.Tech: INR 3.95 LPA|
M.Tech: INR 2.32 LPA
The placement rate of CVRCE is declining year by year but in 2018, the M.Tech placements rate raised up to 92% from 71% in the previous academic year.
Top recruiters: IBM, Infosys, Cognizant, Wipro, Mahindra Satyam, Apollo, CEAT, RSB, TVS, Capgemini, Accenture, Bosch, etc.
C V Raman College of Engineering Scholarship
The welfare trust of CVRCE Bhubneswar provides various scholarships to students who have an economically weak backgrounds. Besides the government scholarships, (which students may avail) there are various C V Raman College of Engineering scholarships at the college:
- Top-class education scholarship for SC & ST students (Central Scholarship).
- General scholarship for OBC students.
- Scholarship for SC & ST students from state Govt.
- Scholarship from Rajya Sainik Board, Orissa.
- Scholarship from the Higher Education Department for meritorious students (Girls).
- Scholarship from Higher Education (Merit Cum means scholarship).
- Scholarship from Govt. of Orissa for the students (children of Bidi workers).
C V Raman College of Engineering Department
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Marine Engineering and Nautical Sciences
|Library||The Library is well equipped with modem facilities and resources in the forms of CDROMs, DVD-ROM, online databases, micro-documents, video cassettes, books, journals, theses, reports, etc. OPAC /Web OPAC service and book Bank facility available|
|Hostel||The College provides separate hostel for boys and girls. The College has five hostels for 650 boys and four hostels for 600 girls.|
C V Raman College of Engineering FAQ
Ques. Does C V Raman College of Engineering provide any loan facility to students?
Ans. Yes, students pursuing various courses at CVRCE Bhubneswar can avail loan facilities to support their studies. Students can apply for loans in the following banks:
- Vijay Bank
- Andhra Bank
- United Bank of India
- Canada Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
Ques. How many seats are there in B.Tech (Civil)?
Ans. For B.Tech in Civil Engineering, a total of 120 are available for students. For other courses,
|M.Sc in Applied Science||40|
|M.Sc in Applied Mathematics & Computing and Applied Chemistry||20 each|
|B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engg., Computer Science and System Engg., and Software Engg.||60 each|
|B.Tech in Chemical Engg. and Marine Engg.||30 each|
|B.Tech in Civil Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics & Telecommunication Engg., and Computer Science & Information Technology||120 each|
|B.Tech in Computer Science & Engg., and Mechanical Engg.||180 each|
|Master of Business Administration||60|
|M.Tech in Electrical Engg./ Power System and Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.||18|
|M.Tech in Heat Power and Mechatronics||9|
Ques. What is the Ph.D. fee structure at CVRCE?
Ans. The fee structure for Ph.D. Scholars are as follows:
|Admission fee||INR 20,000|
|Registration fee||INR 2,500|
|Semester fee||INR 15,000|
|Thesis Examination fee||INR 20,000|