Central Institute for Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET) is a private institution located in Lucknow and was established in 1986 by Government of India. It is affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow for its courses in Engineering field. The Plastics Testing Centre of the college was accredited by NABL, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is recognized by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the Testing and evaluation of plastics materials and products. The Institute offers academic programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels.
CIPET Lucknow Highlights
|Type of College||Private College|
|Affiliation||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow|
|Recognition & Accreditation||Govt. of India
United Nations Development Program, Chennai
|Campus Area||6.5 acres|
|How to Reach||12.6 km from NH 25|
CIPET Lucknow Courses
The college provides some essential courses in Plastic Engineering such as B.Tech, M.Tech, Diploma and Doctoral level. Listed below is a brief about the same:
|B.Tech in Plastic Engineering||4 Years||10+2 with PCM with a maximum age limit of 21 years with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)|
|B.Tech in Manufacturing
|4 Years||10+2 with PCM with a maximum age limit of 21 years|
|M.Tech in Plastic Engineering||2 Years||B.E./B.Tech in Mechanical / Chemical / Production / Polymer / Plastics Engineering / Technology (or) M.Sc. in Polymer Science / Chemistry with polymer specialization. Candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in the above-mentioned qualifications.|
|PG Diploma in Plastic Processing & Testing||1.5 Years||3 year Degree in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects.|
|Ph.D.||3 Years||M.Tech in Plastic Engineering|
|Diploma in Plastic Technology||3 Years||10th Standard Pass with Math, Science & English as subjects|
|Diploma in Plastic Mould Technology||3 Years||10th Standard Pass with Math, Science & English as subjects|
CIPET Lucknow Admissions
Applicants seeking admission in the technological institute can download the registration form through AKTU admission portal (https://aktu.ac.in/). The University conducts UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination) to provide admission in CIPET Lucknow. Candidates will be required to pay INR 1,200 (General) and INR 600 (Reserved category) for the registration process. Reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD) are allowed 5% relaxation in the minimum marks eligibility criteria. The following infographic shows the exams accepted by CIPET Lucknow for admissions in various courses:
Know more CIPET Lucknow Admissions
CIPET Lucknow Placement
The college has a distinguished Placement Cell within its premises for the all-round development of the students. The cell gives various kinds of training, seminars & drill to make their students more professional & well-groomed for the placement opportunities such as soft skill training, computer languages training, personality development sessions, group discussion sessions, mock interview drills and many more. Names like Reliance Industries, Napco Group of Companies, Reynolds, Inventa Technologies, and SSF Plastics are frequent recruiters of the Institution.
Placements Highlight 2018-19
- The total number of students registered from UG and PG courses were 129. Out of which, 45 students were placed into various reputed companies.
- The total number of students registered in Diploma courses were 217, out of which 180 got placed.
Central Institute of Plastics and Engineering Technology Lucknow Facilities
The college provides numerous facilities to the students in terms of material things with a dedication to doing better in the fields of their academic courses such as:
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostel facilities to boy and girl students of the college consisting of all modern amenities and hi-tech technologies.
- Library: The college is equipped with a well-maintained library housed with books related to polymer science and technology, including the latest trends on Plastics. With over 50,000 books and journals relevant to the curriculum of the courses offered at CIPET Lucknow. The college also provides a facility of Digital Library containing E-books from leading scientific publishers on various subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Nano-technology, CAD/CAM and Manufacturing Technology. The students can access the E-books through an intranet. Besides, the students can also have access to the NPTPL lectures pre-loaded in the servers at the digital libraries.
- Video Conference: Whenever a team of delegates or an expert from abroad or from any of the reputed institution/ organization in the country visit any of the CIPET centers and delivers a lecture, then the lecture is streamed live to all the centers of CIPET. Both the staff as well as the students can interact with the team/expert clarify their doubts and enhance their knowledge.
Apart from above, the college also provides some other needful stuff to the college students and the residents with a cafeteria providing hygienic and tasty food, auditorium for different type of seminars, workshops and cultural programs at the premises, conference halls for interview conduction and other useful things for the well-being of the students at every possible level and extent.