Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad was set up in 1968 by the Govt. of India. It offers postgraduate courses such as M.E, Mtech. Additionally, CITD offers diploma courses in multiple disciplines. Admission to the degree courses is based on the score obtained in CUCET and for PGD courses students are required to present TSICET score. Whereas for other diploma courses CITD conducts its own All India Level Entrance Test. Students who wish to take admission are required to apply online through the official website. The institute is well furnished with all the facilities such as Library, Documentation center, etc.
Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) Hyderabad has started the application process for admission to Diploma programs in Tool, Die & Mould Making, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Automation & Robotics Engineering & Production Engineering for the academic year 2021. Apply here for CITD Admission 2021
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1968 | Public|
|Entrance Exam||CUCET, TSICET|
|Courses Offered||PG Courses|
|Popular Courses||M.E, M.Tech|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Documentation Centre|
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad Courses
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad offers various PG courses. The following table shows the different courses offered:
|M.E.||CAD, CAM||B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Mechatronics or equivalent with a 55% aggregate marks||2 Years|
|PGD||Embedded System and VLSI Design, Creative Designing & CAD/ CAM Computer-Aided Management Tool Design CAD/ CAM||B.E. / B.Tech degree or equivalent degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university.||1.5 Years|
|Diploma||Engineering Automation and Robotics, Electronics & Communication Engineering||Class 10 or have an equivalent degree from a recognized board.||3/4 years|
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad Admission
Candidates are given admission to the Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad on the basis of the entrance test conducted. Follow the below-listed steps to apply to the Central Institute of Tool Design:
- Application Form & Prospectus are available on the website.
- The application form can be downloaded from the website.
- Candidates need to fill up the accurate details in the application form.
- Then-candidate can either pay online or can send the application form to the institution with a demand draft of the fees of the application form.
- After that Merit list will be uploaded on the website and shortlisted students are offered admission to the college
Documents Required: -
- Bachelor’s certificate of the candidate
- Certificate required for a diploma course (if applicable)
- Identity proof of Candidates
- Category certificate of Candidate (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs
Mentioned below are the courses with their respective entrance exams for admission to the Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad
|Diploma Courses||All India Level Entrance Test (conducted by CITD).|
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad Placements
The institute helps students to land among job opportunities and internships are also made available to students by the institute. Various companies come to recruit students from the institute and some of them are Hyundai, Hero, etc. Some start-ups also come to recruit potential workers from the college.
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Library: A well-fledged library is available on the campus. It has a collection of over 9424 technical books on the various disciplines of tools and complementary subjects. The institute has published around 250 books on related subjects by ILO experts and CITD faculty.
- Documentation Centre: The documentation center provides service to the students and provides knowledge in the field of tool design and manufacture. This helps students in skill enhancement.
- Metrology Facilities: The institute is facilitated with all the latest metrology facilities. Students can use these facilities for their skill enhancement.
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad Faculty
The institute has well-qualified faculties. There are four categories divided for faculties in the institute. In category A there are & technical faculty and 1 non-technical faculty, in category B there are 6 technical faculty and 2 non-technical faculty, in category C there are 2 technical faculty and 11 non-technical faculty and in group D there is 1 technical and 2 non-technical faculties.
Central Institute of Tool Design Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Is there any Grievance cell present on the campus?
Ques. Is any relationship between the institute and alumni?
Ques. Are there international programs available in the institute?
Ques. How is the food quality at the place?
Ques. How are the faculties at the Institute?
Ques. Are the Diploma Courses offered by the Institute recognized?