City Engineering college is an institution located in central bangalore that provides vivid courses of engineering for graduation as well as post graduation. The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya technological Institute (VTU), Karnataka and has crossed 19 years of establishment.
The admission process being online necessitates a requirement of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of VTU which includes merit based as well as entrance exam. It provides special reservation for SC and ST categories of all India and other backward classes for Karnataka. From the time of its establishment the college has catered to the needs of Indian as well as International students providing satisfactory facilities to both.
It trains students for employment opportunities and thus the average percentage of the students being placed is increasing year after year. The placement cell organizes campus placement programmes through which students get placed in top-notch companies like IBM, Infosys, Wipro, HP etc. with a package of average salary ranging from 2-6 lac per annum.
City Engineering College Bangalore College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Private Unaided|
|Approved by||All India Council For Technical Education|
|Set by||Visvesvaraya Technological Institution|
|Entrance Exam||Karnataka - CET or COMEDK or AIEEE and merit based. PGCET by VTU for PG COURSES|
|Courses Offered||B.E. and M.E.|
|Popular courses||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Top Recruiters||IBM , Accenture , Wipro , Infosys|
|campus area||Urban , 12 acres|
|Facilities||Library, Transport, Canteen, Bank, Bridge Courses, Play Grounds|
City Engineering College Bangalore Courses
The college offers courses for graduation and post graduation in Engineering with specializations in 7 fields .
|B.E||Duration: 4 years
Specialization: Computer Science and engineering , electronics and communication engineering , Mechanical engineering , Civil Engineering , Information science and engineering and artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with 45% marks in PCM/ KCET OR COMED-K entrance exam compulsory
|M.E||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Computer Science and engineering
Eligibility Criteria: B.E or B.Tech in relevant specialization with an aggregate of 50% along with PGCET examination by VTU
City Engineering College Bangalore Admission
Admissions are provided on the basis of merit as well as entrance exams that are according to the eligibility criteria of VTU . The admission process is online though the exam takes place offline.
- Admission to the B.Tech. program will be done on the basis of merit based on KCET/COMED-K
- Admission to the M.Tech. program will be done on the basis of merit based on Karnataka PGCET
The counselling will be conducted either online or offline mode depending upon the exam conducting authority. The seats will be allotted to the candidates according to their ranks in the merit list and availability of seats.
How to Apply?
The candidate needs to follow the procedures below :
- Under the category of online admissions on the official website which is www.cityengineeringcollege.ac.in ,the candidate has to register him/herself.
- Followed by registration the application form has to be filled by uploading the required documents along with the personal details.
- With reference to the documents and the application form , the eligibility verification is conducted by the eligibility councill.
- If the application form gets approved, an offer letter will be issued on the registered mail ID of the candidate.
- The offer letter will contain course and payment details according to which the payment can be preceded by the student .
- The mode of payment options available are bank transfer, wire transfer and online payment . The receipt for the same has to be sent along with the application ID at internationalcityengineeringcollege.ac.in.
- After the confirmation , an acceptance letter will be sent to the mail ID. The letter should be read and preserved carefully as it contains all the information about the post arrival requirements.
Read more: City Engineering College Admission
City Engineering College Bangalore Placements
City engineering college has a well equipped placement cell that helps the students to step into the outer world of job. It trains students for placements by arranging frequent industrial visits , in plant training and industrial relevant projects to give students an insight about the practical knowledge in industries.
- The companies that visit college for recruitment are Tech Mahindra, Wipro, HP, Cognizant, IBM , Infosys, Wipro , Accenture ,NTT Data , Aditya Birla etc.
- The average package varies from 2-6 lacs per annum.
- According to the placement status of the year 2017 more than 100 students were placed in top- notch companies.
- The placements were considered average until the year 2016. It has been developing at a fast pace from then with the percent of students being placed rising from 10-12% to 60%.
Click here City Engineering College Placement
City Engineering College Bangalore Scholarship
Scholarships are provided on the basis of outstanding performance in sports and cultural events but only during the time of admission. This scholarship offered is solely on behalf of the college and not associated with government/ NGO / any other organization.
Also check City Engineering College Scholarships
City Engineering College Bangalore Facilities
- Library: A well furnished library and an information center is situated inside the campus in order to help students widen their horizons into their fields of interest which may or may not be related to engineering and technology .
- Language Lab: The college takes care that the students are well trained in communication skills in English for which a special lab is identified in the college.
- Bridge Course: These courses are specially designed for the ones joining from a lateral course and hence have difficulty in coping up with their colleagues in subjects such as mathematics.
- ICT: To keep up with the developing tech savvy world and enhance the learning experiences, technological equipment such as e- boards are used in classrooms.
- Play Grounds: The institution keeps the students encouraged to participate in sports activities too by providing a cricket and volleyball ground inside the campus. Other facilities such as canteen, equipment for the disabled students and bank are also provided.
City Engineering College Bangalore Faculty
All departments have faculty members with educational qualifications ranging from masters to doctorates with industrial and teaching experiences. The faculty joins the students actively in attending as well as conducting seminars and research paper publications. The teaching faculty consists of 135 members.
Read more: City Engineering College Faculty
City Engineering College Bangalore FAQs
Ques. What are the criteria for an international student?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission process ?
- 10th and 12th report cards or diploma marks of SEM 3.
- KCET/COMED-K / AIEEE admission order or rank proof certificate
- Caste ,income , transfer and migration certificate ( if applicable)
- Physical fitness certificate from registered medical provisioner.
- 6 passport size photos and 2 stamp size photos
- Passport size photos of parents (2 each)
Ques. Does the college provide help in applying for a student visa?
Ques. What is the approx fee range of the courses?