College of Engineering Chengannur also known as CEC was established in the year 1993. It is located in Chengannur, Alappuzha, Kerala, India.
- College was set up with the help of IHRD, affiliated to Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) and is approved by AICTE.
- It is the second best college under CUSAT.
- It Offers 4 undergraduate and 2 postgraduate courses.
- Admissions are based on a 50% merit basis, 35% for Management and 15% for NRI.
- It is one of the five engineering colleges in Kerala which was chosen by India govt. for the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
Placements Description: For the batch of 2014, Companies contribted 122 offers from which 116 are placed. Below is list of companies those took part in campus placements.
No. of Students placed
South Indian Bank
- NSS unit
- Nature Club
- Arts Club
- CEC Senate
Hostel: College has four hostels. One boys hostel which can accommodate 70 students and three girls hostels with intake of 250 students.
Library: College library has total collection of 21373 books. It subscribes 54 national, 7 internal journals, 7 technical magazines and 35 journal periodicals. Library also subscribe to 176 online international journals.
Computer labs: College lab has 100mbps internet connection which would be soon upgraded to 1Gbps. 14 public IP addresses allocated by NKN.
Language lab: College also has language lab for those who want to improve their communication skills.
- IEEE students branch
- Product Design and Development Center
- Forum of Computer and Engineering Students
- ElectronicS Engineering Students Society
- Free/Libre/Open-Source Software) Cell
Festival: Summit- It is techno-cultural Fest aims to provide platform to students to showcase their skills in various technical and non-technical events.