DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jalandhar, popularly known as DAVIET is an engineering institute established in the year 2000. At DAVIET, the students are provided with the best professional education, right skills, high moral values, sound intellectual powers, refined analytical and decision making skills. The university is envisioned to attain the coveted status of a growth-oriented resource of national importance known for quality professional education, research, and innovation. The college is duly recognized by the UGC u/s 2(F), 2017, AICTE for its technical courses and accredited by NAAC ‘A’ grade. Sprawling over 18 acres piece of land, the institution is affiliated to IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. The university offers numerous UG and PG courses in different fields of Engineering & Technology, Business Administration, Computer Applications, Hotel Management, and Commerce, etc.
Know more about the DAVIET Jalandhar Admission Process
DAVIET Jalandhar Highlights:
Type of Institute
DAV College Trust and Management Society (DAVCMC)
NAAC ‘A’ grade accredited
2 boys and 1 girl hostel
Kabir Nagar, Jalandhar - 144008,
DAVIET Jalandhar Courses:
Under DAVIET Jalandhar Admission 2019, the college offers numerous courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels such as B.Tech in 6 specializations such as Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering with the facility of lateral entry while in the M.Tech course, 3 specializations have been offered, namely Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Civil Engineering. Apart from the above courses, BBA, MBA, BCA, MCA, B.Com(Hons.), BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Tech.), and BTTM (Bachelor of Tourism & Travel Management).
M.Tech in Part-time mode in 4 specializations are also offered by the college as a regional center of IKG-PTU, Jalandhar, viz. CSE, EE, ECE, and ME. In addition, some Bachelor in Vocational Studies in 3 streams are also offered by the college such as below:
- Automobile Servicing
- Banking Finance Services & Insurance
- Software Development
- For B.Tech admissions, 10+2 pass certificate with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Comp. Sci./ Biology. Admission will be done on the basis of JEE(MAIN) rankings. For Lateral Entry, Diploma in the relevant stream with 45% aggregate marks is needed from a recognized institution.
- For M.Tech admissions, candidates need to possess B.Tech/B.E. degree from a recognized university with atleast 45% marks with a valid GATE score.
- For MBA program, admission is done on the basis of a valid CMAT score of the candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- MCA admission is done while a candidate must possess a UG degree with 3 years of duration with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level with at least 50% marks.
- For BBA/ BCA admissions, an aspirant must have a valid 10+2 pass certificate from a recognized board.
- For B.Com admission, 10+2 pass with 33% aggregate marks from a recognized board for commerce students.
- Candidates willing to do BHMCT and BTTM must possess a valid 10+2 pass certificate from a recognized board.
- 5% relaxation is given in aggregate marks to the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
- DAVIET Jalandhar Admission Form is easily available on the official website of the college.
Check DAVIET Jalandhar Fee Structure
DAVIET Jalandhar Placement:
DAVIET has a Training & Placement cell which works on a monotonous note to organize placement activities. It provides support to final and pre-final year students in finding their desirable job by arranging campus interviews. The cell has multiple tie-ups with elite firms and companies for giving job opportunities to the college students via recruitment sessions at the college campus. Some of the prominent recruiters of the cell are such as Wipro, Adobe, Mahindra, Dell, Hero Cycles, SAP, Unisys, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Tommy Hilfiger, HSBC, HDFC Bank, Videocon, Airtel, HP, Siemens, Tech Mahindra, Havells, Samsung, Paytm, Justdial, Collabera, DHFL, Jaro Education, ST Microelectronics, and many more like them. Some of the highest salary packages gone in the last recruiting session of 2018-19 are such as:
INR 20.5 Lacs Per Annum
INR 12.0 Lacs Per Annum
INR 12.0 Lacs Per Annum
INR 7.5 Lacs Per Annum
Know more DAVIET Jalandhar MBA Placements
DAVIET Jalandhar Ranking:
DAVIET has been ranked among top technical colleges in India by some prestigious publishers
- Ranked as Top Engineering College at Higher Education and Human Resource Enclave Chandigarh - 2018.
- Conferred with the status of “Host Institution (HI)/ Business Incubator (BI)” by MSME, New Delhi -2018.
- Conferred with Award of Best Chapter of ISTE Punjab, Chandigarh, HP and J&K Section - 2018.
- Ranked at 11th position in “Outstanding Engineering Colleges of Excellence” in all over India under the CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey- 2018.
- Awarded Outstanding Institution (Engineering Colleges) Awards by NITTTR Chandigarh - 2018.
- Educational Excellence Award at Indo-Global Education Summit - 2017.
- Times of India Edupreneurs’ Award - 2017.
- It was awarded the best engineering college of Punjab Technical University in 2013.
- It was accredited for Placements by Wipro- 2009.
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award - 2006.
DAVIET Jalandhar Scholarship:
The institution facilitates the grant of Post Matric Scholarship to the eligible candidates of reserved categories as per Punjab Government/ IKG PTU norms. The institution also provides financial assistance to financially weak meritorious students.
DAVIET Jalandhar MoUs:
The college has some MoUs with the academic institutions for enriching the quality of the education via every possible means such as follows:
- University of Ontario, Institute of Technology, Canada
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
DAVIET Jalandhar Centres of Excellence/ Industry Tie-Ups:
- Microsoft Certified Campus
- Texas Instruments Innovation Lab
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd., Mumbai
- EdGate Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
- Sedulity Solutions & Technology, Delhi
DAVIET Jalandhar Extracurricular:
The institute believes that classroom teaching is not enough to help the students in their all-round development, and hence it encourages the participation of students in various extracurricular and co-curricular activities along with joining the various clubs and societies of the institute.
- The college organizes a talent hunt every year where various events are conducted which include theatre, group and solo singing, dance, literary events and fine arts events.
- DAVIET’s students take an active part in PTU festival and it has been the winner of the Zonal and Inter-Zonal PTU Youth Festival for consecutive five years.
DAVIET Jalandhar Facilities:
The institute provides some best infrastructural and academic facilities to its students. Some of them are-
- Sports: The institute has created a very good infrastructure for sports. There are various playgrounds available inside the campus such as- two for basketball, Volleyball, and badminton, one athletic track, one lawn tennis ground, etc.
- Medical Care: The institute has well-equipped doctors and nurses in its premises for any medical emergency. Apart from that, DAVIET facilitates group medical insurance and has many tie-ups with some elite multi-specialty hospitals for the medical care of the students.
- Accommodation: The college has 2 boys and 1 girls hostel offering single, double, and triple occupancy with AC/ Non-AC stay holding quality and hygienic food through a co-operative mess within the campus itself.
- Banking Facility: DAVIET has a well maintained fully air-conditioned branch of Punjab National Bank with ATM and lockers facility.
- Centre for Incubation & Entrepreneurship: The college has a distinguished center which aims to nurture the innovative entrepreneurial ideas of the budding technocrats to set up their ventures and thus enable them to be the job creators rather than seeking job themselves.
- Library: DAVIET has a central library which comprises of 36,000 of books, journals, and volumes on engineering and management courses.
- Laboratories: There are many well-equipped laboratories for the curricula for various departments considering to provide essential practical knowledge to the participating candidates.