DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jalandhar, popularly known as DAVIET is an engineering institute established in 2001. The institute was founded by the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society.
- United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS) Quality Management and SGS Group jointly accredited the institute with ISO 9001:2000 certificate in 2005.
- The educational institute is approved by AICTE and it got itself affiliated to Punjab Technical University (PTU). The institute spreads over an area of about 18 acres with beautiful landscape on Jalandhar- Amritsar National Highway. It has world class infrastructure.
- The college has been honored by Wipro as a Trusted Academic Partner.
- The institute intakes 420 students for B. Tech. programs, 72 students for M. Tech. programs, 125 students for part time M. Tech. programs and 60 students for each of M. B. A., M. C. A. and CEEP courses. 10% and 5% of the seats are reserved for management quota and NRI sponsored candidates respectively.
- It has industrial collaborations including Oracle Academic Initiative (OAI), Cisco Networking Academy Program, IBM Academic Initiative and MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDN AA) Program.
- Some of the companies that visit the campus are NIIT Ltd, Pingaksho Technologies, D.P. Jain & Infrastructure, Wipro Technologies Ltd., Infogain, Boton Cables, Gray B. Research Private, IBM, Vision Technology & Media, Simplex Infrastructure Ltd., Global Career Development Services, Beta Soft, GTB Transformers, Incept and Power System.
Academic Overview: The institute offfers B.Tech program in six disciplines and M.Tech, MBA, MCA programs. Some of its noted departments offering these courses are:
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Master of Business Administration
• Computer Science & Engineering
• Master of Computer Applications
• Electrical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Nano Technology
The institute besides its regular courses, also offers Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Courses (DOEACC) courses under CEEP (Continuing Engineering Education Programs) like-
• DOEACC - B Level
• DOEACC - A Level
• DOEACC - O Level
Some of the value addition programs include:
• .NET Technologies
• Core JAVA
• Redhat Linux
• Embedded Technology
• AUTOCAD (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical)
Research: DAVIET also carries out original research in the development of cutting edge technologies. In order to promote research in various areas of technology, engineering and various areas of national interest the institute has established a Research Foundation.
Placement Description: DAVIET has a Training & Placement cell to organize placement activities. It provides support to final and pre-final year students in finding their desirable job by arranging campus interviews. The placement session for the batch of 2014 is currently in progress. The following table shows number student placed of current and previous two batches-
2014 Batch (In Progress)
Extracurricular: The institute believes that class room teaching is not enough to help the students in their all-round development, and hence it encourages the participation of students in various extracurricular and co-curricular activities along with joining the various clubs and societies of the institute.
- The college organizes a talent hunt every year where various events are conducted which include theatre, group and solo singing, dance, literary events and fine arts events.
- DAVIET’s students take active part in PTU festival and it has been the winner of Zonal and Inter-Zonal PTU Youth Festival for consecutive five years.
Facilities: The institute provides some best infrastructural and academic facilities to its students. Some of them are-
- Library: DAVIET has a central library which comprises of books, journals and volumes on engineering and management courses. The details of library are given below-
No. of Books
No. of Volumes
No. of Books
- Computer Center: Computer center spanning over 1000 sq. meter area houses 740 computer terminals connected with LAN/WAN. The internet accessibility is 40 mbps through 24 hour leased line.
- Laboratories: There are total 78 laboratories. Each department has all the requisite well equipped laboratories for the curricula.
- Sports: The institute has created a very good infrastructure for sports. There are various playgrounds available inside the campus such as- two for basketball, volleyball and badminton, one athletic track, one lawn tennis ground etc.
Ranking: DAVIET has been ranked among top technical colleges in India by some prestigious publishers
- Dataquest placed DAVIET at 60th in all India ranking through a survey conducted on top technical schools.
- CSR-GHRDC placed it at 2nd in most promising engineering colleges and 40th in all India ranking.
- It was awarded the best engineering college of Punjab Technical University in 2013.
- It was ranked 35th among top 40 private colleges of country by ‘Electronics For You’ magazine.