Dr. DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics is best known for the health science education and research programs. Graduates from the institute are placed with the highest salary package of INR 4LPA (approx.) and an average salary of INR 2 LPA in top recruiting companies such as Biocon, Hindustan Uniliver (P) Ltd, SRL Ltd., Mumbai, Bharat Serum (P) Ltd, Lupin Biotech (P) Ltd, Biogenomics Ltd, etc. The institute offers B.Tech, B.Sc, and M.Sc programs in the allied fields of health science such as Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Data Science, Food Technology and Biomedical Engineering under the School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. Admission to DY Patil Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Institute is based on the entrance exam conducted by the university.
DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Highlights
|Established | Type||2003 | Private|
|Recognized by||AICTE, NAAC, and UGC|
|Affiliated to||DY Patil Deemed to be University, Navi Mumbai|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Doctoral, and Certificate|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Application mode | Fee||Offline | INR 1000|
|Facilities||Labs, Workshops, Canteen, Auditorium, Sports, etc.|
|Top recruiters||Biocon, Hindustan Uniliver (P) Ltd, SRL Ltd., Mumbai, Bharat Serum (P) Ltd, Lupin Biotech (P) Ltd, Biogenomics Ltd, Meril Life Sciences (P) Ltd, Siemens, Mumbai|
|Official Website | Contact||http://www.dypatil.edu/schools/biotech-and-bioinformatics/ | 022 2756 7949|
DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Courses
The institute offers UG, PG, Doctoral, and Certificate courses to students. A brief about the same is given in the table below:
- Duration: 4 Years
- Specializations: Biotechnology, Bioinformatics & Data Science, Food Science & Technology, and Biomedical Engineering.
- Candidate must be either 17 years of age or attain the age at the time of admission and passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in all subjects.
- Candidates with Mathematics will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology/
Bioinformatics and Data Science/ Biomedical Engineering/ Food Science and Technology
- Candidates with Biology will be considered eligible for B. Tech Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics
and Data Science/ Food Science and Technology programs.
- Obtained valid score in national/ state level entrance examinations or entrance test of the School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, D Y Patil University, Navi Mumbai.
- Duration: 3 years
- Specialization: Biomedical Science and Instrumentation.
- Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 in Science stream.
|Integrated M.Sc |
- Duration: 5 Years
- Specializations: Biotechnology
- Eligibility: Candidate must be either 17 years of age or attain the age at the time of admission and passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidate) in all subjects. Physics, Chemistry and English are compulsory and should have cleared either Mathematics/ Biology.
- Duration: 2 Years
- Specializations: Genetics Engineering, Biotechnology, Food Science & Technology, Bioinformatics
- Eligibility: Graduate in Science stream with minimum 50% marks in Biotechnology
/Bioinformatics/ Life sciences/ Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Microbiology/ Applied Biology/
Biochemistry/ Genetics/ M.B.B.S./ B.D.S./ M. V. Sc.
- Duration: 2 Years
- Specializations: Industrial Microbiology
- Eligibility: Graduate in Science stream with minimum 50% marks in Biotechnology/
|Certificate course in Plant Tissue Culture Technology|
- Duration: 1-year
- Eligibility: B.Sc in any discipline of Biological Sciences or BE / B.Tech. Biotechnology
Read More: DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Fee Structure
DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Admission
The admissions at Dr. DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics is merit and entrance-based. Admission to all courses, except the B.Tech and M.Sc Integrated program, is merit-based. Admission to B.Tech and M.Sc (Integrated) Biotechnology is done based on marks obtained by the student in the entrance exam conducted by the institute.
How to apply?
Applicants are required to apply offline by submitting all the required documents and the application fee at the admission section of the school. The application fee charged is INR 1,000.
DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Placement
The placement cell of the institute is active throughout the year. The cell keeps records of student’s data such as the student’s resume, telephone number, and e-mails and forwards it to the HR department of the various companies. The placement cell conducts various activities such as:
- Pre-Placement Talks
- Soft Skills training required for placements
- Specific one-day training program as per courses
- Mock Interviews
- Lectures by Industry experts
- Industry-Academia meet
The highest salary package offered to students is around INR 4 LPA and the average package offered is INR 2-2.5 LPA. Given below is the past academic record of the students placed in the recent few years:
The placement rate of the college is increasing year by year which increases the chances of reaching the placement rate to 100%. The top recruiters of the institute include:
- Biocon, Bangalore
- Hindustan Uniliver (P) Ltd, Mumbai
- SRL Ltd., Mumbai
- Bharat Serum (P) Ltd, Navi Mumbai
- Lupin Biotech (P) Ltd, Pune
- Biogenomics Ltd, Thane
- Merril Life Sciences (P) Ltd, Mumbai
- Siemens, Mumbai
- Transasia Biomedicals Ltd, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
- Marico, Mumbai
- Parle Industries (P) Ltd.
- Prabhat Dairy (P) Ltd.
- Hector Beverages (P) Ltd.
- Paper Boat, Hector Beverages, Mysore
- Nutrahelix (P) Ltd, Mumbai
Read More: DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Placements
DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics FAQ
Ques. How is the faculty of the college?
Ans. The faculty of the college is highly qualified in their respective fields with Ph.D. degrees. There are a total of 54 faculty members working at the posts of Associate and Assistant Professors.
Ques. What are the documents to be attached along with the application form?
Ans. The documents required with the application form are as follows:
- S.S.C / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
- H.S.C. / Equivalent Examination mark statement & Certificate.
- Bonafide and character certificate from the Head of Institution last attended
- Leaving and/or Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Proof
- Backward Class / Caste Certificate duly verified by the Competent Authority
- Physical Fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
Ques. What is the course-wise intake capacity?
Ans. Seats offered to students vary from course to course. Given below is a brief about the same:
|B.Tech in Biotechnology||120|
|B.Tech in Bioinformatics and Data Science||30|
|B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering||30|
|B.Tech in Food Science and Technology||60|
|M.Sc (Integrated) Biotechnology||30|
Ques. What subjects are included in the entrance exam?
Ans. The entrance test conducted by the institute is of one and a half hour duration. The test conducted consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions containing questions of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Computers. The bifurcation of marks is as follows:
|Subjects||Marks (For PCB Students)||Marks (For PCM Students)|
Ques. Is there any scholarship for the students?
Ans. The college provides merit scholarships to students who secure the highest marks in the semester exams. The scholarship amounts INR 1,000 which is credited to the student in the next semester of the course.