Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering (CRCE), popularly known as Agnel Bandra, was founded in 1984 by the Agnel Charities (the trustees of the Society of St. Francis Xavier in Pilar). It is an unaided, minority, non-autonomous institute CRCE is named after the founder of the Agnel Charity, who has been the mind and soul behind the development of the Agnel Charities from a small trade school in carpentry to the huge technical complex it is now. They have proceeded to establish technical education facilities in Vashi (Navi Mumbai), Verna (Goa), New Delhi, Noida, Pune and Ambarnath (Thane) out of which CRCE remains to be the most famous and prestigious.
The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai, accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and approved by the All India Council of Technology Education (AICTE). Started with a single course in Production Engineering with only 60 seats, CRCE now has 6 undergraduate programs under the engineering stream, 2 postgraduate programs and offers PhD in 2 subjects.
All admissions for CRCE is based on the merit of the corresponding 10+2/ equivalent qualifying exams and entrance tests.
The top recruiters are Tata Consultancy Services Larsen and Toubro (LT), Morgan Stanley, Accenture, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, andGodrej.
Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1984 | Public|
|Also Known As||Agnel Bandra / CRCE|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Courses Offered||BE, ME, Ph.D. |
|Application Mode||Online |
|Admission Criteria||Merit / Entrance Test|
|Accepted Entrance Tests||JEE Mains, GATE, MH-CET|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Research Centres, Gym and other sports facilities, Seminar Halls, Food Courts etc.|
CRCE Ranking and Achievements
- CRCE has been ranked 87 in the Private Engineering Colleges of India by the India Today Ranking of 2020
- Times of India has ranked CRCE 77th among the Top Private Engineering Colleges of India in 2018.
- CRCE was ranked 89th among the Top Private Engineering Institutes of India and 15th among the colleges in the West Zone by The Week in 2019.
- Education World Ranking has placed CRCE in the 6th rank in Maharashtra and 38th rank in the Top Private Engineering Institutes of India.
- CRCE has been placed within the top 300 Engineering colleges in India enlisted by the National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020.
CRCE is known for its diverse student population and to cater to that, the institute has incorporated the best faculty and a variety of different courses to improve student experiences. The college has 7 departments and offers a variety of programs under them. The below tabulation will display the details and such of the courses offered by Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering.
|BE||Duration: 4 years|
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 from the Maharashtra State Board or equivalent with the subjects English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotech/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational Subjects. Should have a score of minimum 50% or 45% for students from the SC/ST/OBC/PWD communities from Maharashtra only. Should be a citizen of India
Specializations: Production Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, Information Technology
|BE (Lateral Entry)||Duration: 3 years|
Eligibility: Must have passed Diploma in any AICTE or MHRD recognized institution with 50% (Unreserved) and 45% (Reserved from Maharashtra only) in appropriate branch of engineering / Passed B.Sc. from any UGC recognized university (45% - unreserved and 40% - reserved) with mathematics as a subject in 12th. Candidates must be citizens of India
Specializations: Production Engineering, Computer Engineering , Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, Information Technology
|ME||Duration: 2 years|
Eligibility: Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field in engineering or technology from an institution recognized by AICTE/MHRD. Should have a score of minimum 50% or 45% for students from the SC/ST/OBC/PWD communities from Maharashtra only. Should be a citizen of India
Specializations: Mechanical Engineering (CAD/CAM), Mechanical Engineering (Robotics)
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3-5 years|
Eligibility: Must have a postgraduate degree of at least 3 years or equivalent in the field / Obtained least 50% (Unreserved) and 45% (Reserved) in the qualifying exam. Candidates must be citizens of India and must also maintain
Specializations: Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering
Read More: CRCE Courses & Fee
Admissions for all courses in Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering is done based on the marks secured in the 10+2/ equivalent qualifying exams and the respective entrance exams for each program.
- Admission to B.E. will be provided based on marks obtained by the candidate in JEE Mains/ MH-CET.
- For M.Tech. programs, candidates will have to appear in the GATE examination.
- For Ph.D. programs, candidates must hold valid marks in their postgraduate degree.
How to Apply?
- To apply, candidates will have to download the application form available on the official website of the college.
- Students will have to take a printout of the application and fill the details accurately and sign the form as well.
- The duly signed application will have to be submitted with the necessary documents mentioned in the following sections.
- An application fee of INR 1000 will have to be paid at the time of applying. Payment through Demand Drafts, Credit/ Debit cards, NEFT and Net Banking are accepted.
- Students are selected based on their 10+2 scores and the MH-CET or GATE as prescribed in Rules and Information Brochure by the DTE/ ARA/ Government of Maharashtra.
- HSC/ SSC/ equivalent examination certificate
- College leaving certificate
- MH-CET Score Card
- Proof of Nationality – Passport/ Birth Certificate/ Migration Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Medical Certificate
- Signed printout of Anti-Ragging Affidavit
- Gap Certificate
- Community Certificate
Read More: CRCE Admission
The Training and Placement Office (TPO) in CRCE is one of the most efficient organizations. It has a systematic practical approach to developing the student-enterprise relationship, coordinating both their interests and providing the best campus placement experience. The TPO also helps students get into internships of their interests in reputed companies and include placement training and workshops as part of their curriculum in attempts to improve opportunities for students in the corporate world. The major recruiters of Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering are,
- Tata Consultation Services
- Larsen and Toubro (LT)
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan
- Goldman Sachs
- Godrej etc.
Read More: CRCE Placement
CRCE offers a variety of Government and Non-Government Scholarships Schemes to support and encourage higher education. The scholarships provided by Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering are mentioned below.
Government Scholarship Schemes:
- Scholarship for Reserved Category – Students belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC/ SBC/ VJ, NT-1,2,3 categories and admitted to the institute through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) are eligible for this scholarship. Applying students must have an account in the Nationalized Bank and the student should be one of the first three children (i.e 4th child is not eligible).
- EBC Scholarship by DTE – Only students who are admitted through the CAP round are eligible. The family income of the student should not exceed INR 8 Lakhs.
AICTE Scholarship Schemes:
- Pragati (Scholarship for Girl Students) - This scholarship can be availed by all female students. Started as an initiative to promote higher education in girl children, this scholarship is implemented by all colleges accredited to the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Postgraduate Scholarship - This scholarship is entitled only to those students who are admitted into an AICTE approved institution and course through GATE/ GPAT entrance tests. The scholarship provides up to INR 12,400 per month to eligible students.
- SSPCA (Support to Students for Participating in Competition Abroad) – Students in a team of 2-10 from a technical college are eligible for this scholarship. Students pursuing engineering (PG and UG) who have an invitation for a competition that is accepted in the International Scientific Event abroad can claim this scholarship. Each student can up to INR 1 Lakh.
- SAKSHAM (Scholarship to differently-abled students): All students with a mental or physical disability are eligible to claim this scholarship. This scheme was initiated by the Ministry of HRD to encourage handicapped students to pursue higher education.
Non-Government Scholarship Schemes:
These scholarships aim at providing aid to students who are economically backward but academically deserved. The scholarship is given to those students who are shortlisted by the institute based on a set of criteria. These scholarships provide the students with all the educational expenses throughout the course and also provide them with job opportunities.
- Bluestar Foundation Scholarship
- Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Scholarship
- JSW Scholarship
- Ratan Tata Foundation Scholarship
- STULZ-CHSPL - Alumni Scholarship
Read More: CRCE Scholarships
- Classrooms: CRCE has 17 classrooms, 3 seminar halls and 4 tutorial rooms each equipped with LCD projectors, internet connectivity, public addressing systems and luminance. Some classrooms are also fitted with Smart Boards.
- Laboratories: The institute has well-equipped laboratories for each department. There are a total of 35 laboratories that are regularly updated and maintained. There is also a Central Research Laboratory to promote R&D activities.
- Computer Center: The college has a massive network of 638 computers that have high-speed internet access.
- Auditorium: CRCE has a huge auditorium named Samvaad in the campus. It has a seating capacity of over 200 and is used to conduct numerous events like seminars, cultural events and placement activities.
- Library: The library has automated library services. It houses a collection of books, journals, web-based sources and databases for students to find resources online. The library also has 15 dedicated computers with access for students and faculty.
- Sports: The college has 50 square feet professional grounds dedicated for cricket, football ground, volleyball court, throwball and a basketball court. There are also indoor games facilities like carrom, chess etc. CRCE also conducts and hosts sports meets occasionally like the Athlos and Annual Sports Day. There is also a Gym on campus.
- The college also provides ramps and elevators for students with disabilities.
- Also, the college parking facilities, CCTV cameras, UPS and Generators.
Read More: CRCE Cutoff
Ques. Does Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering offer any reservation?
Ans. CRCE has been granted Christian Religion Minority Status by the Government of Maharashtra and 51% of the total seats in each department are reserved for those students who belong to the Christianity Religion.
Ques. Does CRCE have regulations against ragging and sexual harassment?
Ans. CRCE has very active and strict rules against any form of mental or physical abuse. It has a separate grievance council that consists of the Internal Complaints Committee, Anti-Ragging Squad and the Women Development Cell.
Ques. Does CRCE provide hostel facilities?
Ans. The institute does not have hostel facilities on campus. It does provide flats as an alternative, though its capacity is only 18. The rent for the flats is INR 5000 per month and is allotted to the students on a first come first serve basis.
Ques. What is the faculty to student ratio in CRCE?
Ans. CRCE has a total of 69 teachers with 17 of them being PhD holders. The institute has a faculty to student ratio of 1:19.