Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology, shortly referred to as GIET, was established in 1998 in East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh. GIET offers B.Tech in 7 specializations at UG level, and at PG level it offers M.Tech in 7 specializations, MCA, MBA, MTM, and MAM. Admissions to these courses are entrance based. The institute also offers a diploma in polytechnic under various specializations, admissions to which are merit-based. 

GIET Rajahmundry Highlights

Established | Type 1998 | Private
Approved AICTE, UGC, NBA
Accredited NAAC with A grade
Affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University
Courses B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA, MBA, MTM. MAM, & Diploma
Admission Criteria Entrance and Merit-Based
Application Mode Offline
Entrance Exams GATE, AP-ICET, AP-EAMCET, JEE Main
Facilities: Canteen, Auditorium, Gym, Classroom, Hostel, etc. 
Official Website http://www.giet.ac.in

Read More:  GIET Rajahmundry Reviews

GIET Rajahmundry Courses

The college offers 7 B.Tech specializations at the UG level, 7 M.Tech specializations, MBA, MCA, MTM, and MAM at the PG level, and 7 diplomae in polytechnic courses. The important details of all the courses are mentioned below: 

Courses Details
B.Tech Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate in Mathematics, Physic & Chemistry. 
Specializations: Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mining Engineering
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test + Interview
Entrance Exam: AP-EAMCET or JEE Main
Fees per annum: INR 79300
Read More
M.Tech Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.Tech or B.E with 50% 
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Power Systems, Structural Engineering, CAD-CAM, Digital Electronics and Communication Systems, Software Engineering, Thermal Engineering, and VLSI & Embedded Systems
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test + Interview
Entrance Exam: GATE
Fees per annum: INR 58000
Read More
MAM Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree in Applied management or equivalent with a minimum 50% aggregate
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test + Interview
Entrance Exam: AP-ICET
Read More
MTM Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree in Technical Management or equivalent with a minimum 50% aggregate Selection Criteria: Entrance Test + Interview
Entrance Exam: GATE
Read More
Diploma in Polytechnic Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Qualified 10th Grade
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Mining Engineering 
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Read More
MBA Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree  with 50%
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test + Interview
Entrance Exam: AP-ICET
Fees per Annum: INR 39400
Read More
MCA Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree  with 50% with Mathematics
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test + Interview
Entrance Exam: AP-ICET
Fees per Annum: INR 50000
Read More

Read More: GIET Rajahmundry Fee Structure

GIET Rajahmundry Admissions

 Admissions to all courses except the polytechnic diploma courses are based on entrance examinations. This accounts for 70% of seats for each course. Admissions for the remaining 30% seats of each course and all seats of the diploma course are based on merit. Applications are only accepted offline. 

How to Apply?

Follow these steps to apply: 

  • Aspirants can download the application form from the college website or obtain it from the college by visiting the college office.
  • Applicants then need to fill the application form with accurate information.
  • Attach the following documents -
    • 10th and 10+2 mark sheet and passing certificate
    • Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet
    • AP EAMCET/ AP ICET/ GATE Registration number
    • AP EAMCET/ AP ICET/ GATE Admit Card and Score Card
    • Migration Certificate and Character Certificate
    • Medical Certificate and Caste Certificate, if applicable
    • Passport size Photographs - 05
  • The application then has to be submitted at the college office or to the college by mail.

Read More: GIET Rajahmundry Admission

Important Dates

Event Date
AP EAMCET Registration 29 Feb - 15 Jun 2020
AP EAMCET Exam 27 Jul - 31 Jul 2020
AP-ICET Registration 03 Mar - 15 Jun 2020
AP-ICET Exam 25 Jul 2020

GIET Rajahmundry Placements

The placement cell at GIET has given the reputation of “Best Placement Engineering College in Andhra Pradesh” to the institute and gives the students adequate training and placement opportunities. In 2018, a total of 221 students were able to secure jobs in reputed firms in the industry. The top recruiters of the institute include: 

Oracle Infosys HDFC Bank
Tata Consultancy Services Honeywell CA Technologies
Simplex Infrastructure Ltd.  CSC India Curation Tech
HCL Convergys Amway India

GIET Rajahmundry Facilities

Some of the facilities provided by the college include: 

  • Library: A well-stocked, media-rich library is one of the remarkable features of GIET. Apart from housing a large collection of volumes related to diverse streams of engineering education, the Library subscribes to over 400 prestigious journals of national and international repute. The library has an exclusive space reading room and an audio-visual section.
  • Food Court: A full-fledged cafeteria is functioning within the campus for the convenience of the staff and students. It has a variety of food which cater to the tastes of each individual.
  • Gymkhana: GIET has the facility of a full-fledged gym on the campus. It also has the facility of the professional trainer who guides the physical work-outs. 
  • Sports: At GIET, sports facilities are provided to the students. The college has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available in the hostel. The college has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball, and badminton court.
  • Transportation: GIET owns a fleet of buses, which provide a mode of conveyance to students who stay at Rajahmundry and the nearby villages. 
  • Clinical Facility: The GIET campus has the facility of a Healthcare Centre which is accessible to the students and staff. The medical professionals are available at the campus. The Centre also organizes wellness awareness programs for the students and staff. The center also runs a fitness club, which is managed by trained fitness professionals.
  • Hostel: GIET has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls on its campus. The hostel rooms have living rooms with attached bathrooms and tiled floors. It also has the facility of TV rooms and reading rooms.

GIET Rajahmundry FAQs

Ques. Are there any foreign opportunities for students at GIET?

Ans. Yes, GIET is a great place for those looking for opportunities abroad with its integrated MS programs with foreign universities and multiple students exchange programs with prestigious institutes across the globe.

Ques. Does the institute provide online admission?

Ans. The application form can be downloaded online or obtained from the college prospectus, but the candidates must submit the application form physically at their college office. Applications are not accepted online. 

Ques. What is the process of seat allocation?

Ans. 70% of seat intake is based on the rank secured on EAMCET/JEE by eligible candidates. The remaining 30% seats are allocated on basis of merit to candidates out of the state and NRI/NRI sponsored candidates. There are 15% supplementary seats for PIO/Foreign Nationals/CWG.

Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?

Ans. The mailing address of the college is Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology, NH - 16, Chaitanya Knowledge City, Rajahmundry - 533296, Andhra Pradesh, India. You can also contact them at 9949993483.

Ques. What is the trend of cut-off for the B.Tech courses in AP EAMCET? 

Ans. The trend of cut-off in 2018 was as follows: 

Courses General Cut-Off
Electronics & Communication Engineering 119146
Computer Science and Engineering 64123
Mechanical Engineering 125101
Mining Engineering 123329
Electrical and Electronics Engineering 126706
Civil Engineering 128742

Read More:  GIET Rajahmundry Cut Off