Government College of Engineering - [GCEK] Quick Updates
Government College of Engineering, Karad (GCEK) was established in year 1960 by Maharashtra state govt. with the aim to provide technical education in rural and tribal parts of Maharashtra state.
- The institute is affiliated to Shivaji University, Kohlapur and approved by AICTE
- Institute has produced over 7200 engineers and 300+ computer professionals
- Institute aims to create technological, scientific and cultural awareness among students
- Total betterment of society with academic excellence
- Offers 5 under graduate and 6 post graduate courses.
- Applied Mechanics Department
- Electrical Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Master Of Computer Application Department
- Information Technology Department
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department
- Basic Sciences Department
Placements: Many companies come here for campus recruitment. College has achieve good placements records every year. Below is year wies list of no. of students placed-
No. of Students placed
- Hostel: College has 5 hostels out of which 4 are for boys and one is for girls. Boys hostels have total intake capacity of 475 students and girls hostel can accommodate 240 girl students.
- Library: Library has seating capacity of 50 students and has over 100000 books.
- Aavishkar: It is a national level paper presentation competition, which is managed by college students to showcase students’ managerial and technical skills.