Government College of Engineering, Karad (GCEK) was established in year 1960 by Maharashtra state govt. with the aim to provide technical education in rural and tribal parts of Maharashtra state.
- The institute is affiliated to Shivaji University, Kohlapur and approved by AICTE
- Institute has produced over 7200 engineers and 300+ computer professionals
- Institute aims to create technological, scientific and cultural awareness among students
- Total betterment of society with academic excellence
- Offers 5 under graduate and 6 post graduate courses.
- Applied Mechanics Department
- Electrical Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Master Of Computer Application Department
- Information Technology Department
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Department
- Basic Sciences Department
Placements: Many companies come here for campus recruitment. College has achieve good placements records every year. Below is year wies list of no. of students placed-
No. of Students placed
- Hostel: College has 5 hostels out of which 4 are for boys and one is for girls. Boys hostels have total intake capacity of 475 students and girls hostel can accommodate 240 girl students.
- Library: Library has seating capacity of 50 students and has over 100000 books.
- Aavishkar: It is a national level paper presentation competition, which is managed by college students to showcase students’ managerial and technical skills.