Government College of Engineering (GECA), Aurangabad is an autonomous institute established in the year of 1960. It is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University. The institute is ranked at 53rd position by Times Engineering ranking among the top engineering colleges in India 2019.
Presently, it is running B.Tech at the UG level, M.Tech, MCA at the PG level, and also a Ph.D. program at doctoral level. The admissions to the college are governed by DTE. The institute also witnesses an active placement rate.
GECA Aurangabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1960 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Affiliation||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Ph.D.|
GECA Aurangabad Courses
Following are the courses offered by Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad:
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Courses and Fees
GECA Aurangabad Admission
The selection of candidates to Ph.D. is done on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam conducted by the college.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of GECA.
- Click on the ‘Downloads’ tab
- Click on Applications Form
- Fill up the form and take a print copy
- Pay the application form through DD in favor of the ‘Principal Government College of Engineering Aurangabad’
- Submit the filled form and documents to the following address:
Government College of Engineering, AurangabadOsmanpura, Station RoadAurangabad- 431005
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Admission
GECA Aurangabad Placement
The Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad provides good placement opportunities to its students. About 80-90% of students are placed every year. The maximum placements are from Computer Science and IT branches. The college has a dedicated team that ensures and trains its students to increase their recruitment chances.
Many recruiters come in regularly to hire students. Some of the top recruiters are – Cognizant, Bosch, Bajaj, Siemens, IBM, Wipro, Accenture, Tech Mahindra, Larsen & Turbo, TCS, Capgemini, Videocon, Marico Industries and many more
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Placement
GECA Aurangabad Facilities
Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad offers the following facilities:
- Hostel: The college has separate hostels for girls and boys. The hostel has all facilities including the Internet, Canteen, Mess, Water purifier system, Solar water system, Health care unit, CCTV, etc.
- Library: Spacious and well-stocked library is available with numerous books, research papers, journals, periodicals, etc. Collection of varied magazines, international papers, thesis helps the students in their research or project task
- Laboratories: There are well-equipped laboratories in every department where students can get excellent practical knowledge. Some of the labs are Mechanical Lab, Multi-media lab, IT Project Lab, Programming and Fundamental Lab, and many more.
- Canteen: The canteen has a wide variety of meals at an affordable price and has adequate seating capacity.
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Hostel
GECA Aurangabad FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee for students?
Ques. What is the intake capacity for MCA?
Ques. How to apply for MHT-CET?
Ques. Is there any contact number of the college?
Ques. What is the highest salary package offered at this institute?
Ques. What is the registration fee of GATE?