Government College of Engineering Quick Update
June 5: MHT CET 2020 registered candidates can change the district preferences for the exam from June 5 to June 10, 2020. Check Here
June 2: MHT CET 2020 registered candidates are advised to update their HSC Board Information in the online Application Form till June 07, 2020. Check Here
May 27: CET Cell has re-opened application form for MHT CET 2020. Last Date for Registration June 1. Check Here
May 26: Last Date to pay Application Fee for MHT CET 2020 has been extended till May 31. Check Here
May 22: MAH MCA CET Entrance Exam will be conducted on July 19. Read More
May 20: MHT CET 2020 has been scheduled to be conducted from July 4-31 for the PCM category and Aug 3-5 for PCB category. Check Here.
May 16: MHT-CET 2020 has been postponed till further orders from the State Common Entrance Examination Cell. Check Here
Government College of Engineering (GECA), Aurangabad is an autonomous institute established in the year of 1960. It is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University. The institute is ranked at 53rd position by Times Engineering ranking among the top engineering colleges in India 2019.
Presently, it is running B.Tech at the UG level, M.Tech, MCA at the PG level, and also a Ph.D. program at doctoral level. The admissions to the college are governed by DTE. The institute also witnesses an active placement rate.
GECA Aurangabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1960 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Affiliation||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Ph.D.|
GECA Aurangabad Courses
Following are the courses offered by Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad:
- Duration: 4 Years
- Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology
- Eligibility: 10+2 in science stream
- Selection Criteria: MHT-CET
- Duration: 2 Years
- Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Machine & Drives Engineering, Mechanical Production Engineering, Power System Engineering
- Eligibility: B.Tech in relevant stream with 55% aggregate marks
- Selection Criteria: GATE
- Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: 50% in 10+2 with Mathematics as a mandatory subject
- Selection Criteria: MH MCA-CET
- Duration: 2-5 Years
- Eligibility: Master’s degree in relevant field with 60% marks
- Selection Criteria: Entrance-based
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Courses and Fees
GECA Aurangabad Admission
Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech must have to qualify MH-CET. For M.Tech admission, candidates need to have a valid score in GATE. Admission to MCA is granted based on MH MCA-CET scores.
The selection of candidates to Ph.D. is done on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam conducted by the college.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of GECA.
- Click on the ‘Downloads’ tab
- Click on Applications Form
- Fill up the form and take a print copy
- Pay the application form through DD in favor of the ‘Principal Government College of Engineering Aurangabad’
- Submit the filled form and documents to the following address:
Government College of Engineering, AurangabadOsmanpura, Station RoadAurangabad- 431005
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Admission
GECA Aurangabad Placement
The Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad provides good placement opportunities to its students. About 80-90% of students are placed every year. The maximum placements are from Computer Science and IT branches. The college has a dedicated team that ensures and trains its students to increase their recruitment chances.
Many recruiters come in regularly to hire students. Some of the top recruiters are – Cognizant, Bosch, Bajaj, Siemens, IBM, Wipro, Accenture, Tech Mahindra, Larsen & Turbo, TCS, Capgemini, Videocon, Marico Industries and many more
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Placement
GECA Aurangabad Facilities
Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad offers the following facilities:
- Hostel: The college has separate hostels for girls and boys. The hostel has all facilities including the Internet, Canteen, Mess, Water purifier system, Solar water system, Health care unit, CCTV, etc.
- Library: Spacious and well-stocked library is available with numerous books, research papers, journals, periodicals, etc. Collection of varied magazines, international papers, thesis helps the students in their research or project task
- Laboratories: There are well-equipped laboratories in every department where students can get excellent practical knowledge. Some of the labs are Mechanical Lab, Multi-media lab, IT Project Lab, Programming and Fundamental Lab, and many more.
- Canteen: The canteen has a wide variety of meals at an affordable price and has adequate seating capacity.
Read more: GECA Aurangabad Hostel
GECA Aurangabad FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee for students?
Ans. The application fee for M. Tech is INR 1000 (For GATE Qualified) and INR 2000 (Non – GATE). Furthermore, Ph.D. applicants need to pay Rs 3000 towards application fee.
Ques. What is the intake capacity for MCA?
Ans. There are 60 seats for MCA
Ques. How to apply for MHT-CET?
Ans. Visit the DTE website and fill up the application form online. Then Upload scanned copies of documents and pay the required fee
Ques. Is there any contact number of the college?
Ans. Yes, you can contact at 0240-2366101.
Ques. What is the highest salary package offered at this institute?
Ans. The highest package offered is about INR 7 LPA
Ques. What is the registration fee of GATE?
Ans. The fee is INR 750 for female/ST/SC/PWD/Transgender candidates and INR 1500 for others