Government Engineering College Gandhinagar was established in the year 2004. The college is partnered with Gujarat Technical University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The college offers degrees in various degrees in B.Tech and M.Tech courses. It is known for its IT branch in B.Tech and it’s annually considerable growth in placements. Admissions are offered strictly based on marks secured in JEE or GUJCET exam for B.Tech and in GATE or PGCET for M.Tech. Last year cut off rank for general students in the GUJCET exam for the IT branch was around 2983 and for CSE, it was 2304.
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2004 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Campus Area||33 acres|
|Approved by||AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat Technical University (GTU)|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exam||B.E : JEE Main / GUJ CET M.E: GATE /Gujarat PGCET|
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Courses
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses under various specializations. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Tech.||Subject: Biomedical engineering, Computer engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Instrumentation & Control engineering, Metallurgical engineering, Information Technology
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Cleared 10+2 exam or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, with a minimum of 45% marks from any recognized board
|M.Tech.||Subject: Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Tech degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 50% of aggregated marks
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Admission
Admission at GECG is strictly on merit-based on JEE marks or rank or based on GUJCET examination marks or rank. Candidates aspiring for B.Tech needs to take the JEE OR CUJCET exam for further process. For M.Tech, one must take GATE or PGCET examination after meeting the minimum eligibility criteria released by the college administration. GATE qualified students are given more preference than other aspirants.
How to apply?
Students who want to pursue their further education in this college needs to apply for JEE exam or GUJCET. Students may follow the below steps for the detailed admission process:-
- The application form is accepted only through online mode.
- Candidates are required to register themselves on the official website of the college.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal details, educational details, and other valid qualifications carefully.
- After filing the desired course, upload a recent photograph.
- JEE or GUJCET details should be carefully mentioned in the form.
- Pay the application fees through the online mode of payment.
- Take a print out of the document for a hassle-free admission process in the future.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and documents verified can submit the registration fees for the admission to the course.
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Cut off
Tabulated below is the cut off for GUJCET of Government Engineering College Gandhinagar for admission in B.E.:
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||26852||31623||-||-|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||14389||22352||30250||-|
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Scholarship
As it is declared autonomous college and set up by the government, students tend to get scholarships through government schemes. Students belonging to SC/STs, lower-income group and disabled category tends to get more scholarship than others for their upliftment and encouragement. Gujarat government provide a yearly scholarship to students who secure more than 70% percent in the Intermediate exam from Gujrat board. Non-hostellers or day scholars receive around INR 5500 and hostellers receive up to total INR 12000 in 4 years.
The College administration also proposes a scholarship test for the aspiring student. Rank Holders are awarded a 50% scholarship of total fees. Local students from Gujarat also receive ample amounts of money thorough Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana (MYSY).
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Placement
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar delivers placements in all 6 offered courses. More than 48 companies participated in the campus recruitment process in the year 2018-19. The students were offered numerous jobs in the areas of Engineering, Information Technology, sales, Education, Business Development, Quality Assurance, Arts and Design, and many other recognized fields.
The students received a total of 17 job offers on-campus and 31 offers from off-campus. The highest package of INR 5 LPA and a total of 182 students were placed with reputed companies. Acknowledged IT companies like GNFC, Reliance Industries, L&T, Infotech, Torrent Power, Essar, Terrocil, Argusoft, Tech Mahindra, Max Ventilato have visited campus for mass recruitment.
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Facilities
The following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the need of students as well as faculty members.
- Library: The GECG library is well maintained and keeps updating its bookshelves with the latest tech magazines and journals. The library has more than 2800 titles and over 15000 books on their shelves. Library also comprised of 15 E-journals for effective learning. There is also an addition of considerable books per month to keep pace with time.
- Laboratory: The labs are well furnished with updated hardware and software for a practical approach towards E-learning. Systems are well enriched with the latest programming software. All learning tools are included in systems for the evolvement and effectiveness of students without any hurdle.
- Hostel: The accommodation capacity in Boys and Girls Hostel is approximately 400 boys and 200 girls. Tv, free and fast Wi-Fi, clean rooms are the strong pillars of beautiful GECG hostel. Students are given adequate facilities including a large study room, Hygienic bath areas and washrooms, and a dedicated sports arena and playground for the hostel dwellers.
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar Faculty
GECG campus is well enriched with well qualified and renowned faculties,. The college is devoted to imparting diversified and contemporary technical education. Faculty paves way for new technical developments thorough projects and seminars. The institute has a total of 107 faculty members out of which 14 hold Ph.D. degree. and 1 member possess M.Phil. degree.
Government Engineering College Gandhinagar FAQs
Ques. Can other state students take admission in GECG?
Ques. What is the distance between the Bus terminal and college?
Ques. How is the EC course at GECG?
Ques. What is the medium of teaching in GECG?
Ques. How are the hostel facilities for girls?
Ques. Does college organize any Fest for students?