Gudlavalleru Engineering College (GEC) is a private university situated in Krishna, Andhra Pradesh permanently affiliated to JNTUK, Kakinada and accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC. The college was established in the year of 1998 by Late Vallurupalli Venkata Rama Seshadri with only 180 students whereas the current take of the college is with more than 1300 students in both programs. The college has recently got confirmed from UGC, New Delhi for six long years from the academic year 2014-15.
Gudlavalleru Engineering College Campus has been well planned and constructed according to students’ needs and comfort. The College offers engineering courses as well as management courses and has separate & expensive-equipped labs and well-ventilated rooms for each course. The Library is as big as one cannot imagine with more than six lakh books. GEC campus also has a medical center available for 24 hours, hygienic cafeteria and Wifi facility.
Even though the college has been established a few decades ago still, it is one of the top engineering colleges in India. DATAQUEST counts GEC within the best engineering colleges in Andhra Pradesh. Whereas GHRDC 2016 ranks the college 66th best engineering college in India.
Gudlavalleru Engineering College also won the Best Engineering College with Overall Performance of the Year in 2017 by ISTE.
Admission to all Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses is through EAMCET organized by Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education, through AP Govt., ICET, CET or the institute itself. Entrance examination despite the basic eligibility based on the type of course. 5% relaxation has been given to the reserved categories.
Read about GEC Admission
GEC Courses Offered with Eligibility
Gudlavalleru Engineering College offers a total of six types of bachelor courses in engineering, four types of master courses in engineering and one management course.
|Type of Courses||Name of The Course||Eligibility|
|UG||B.Tech in CSE, ECE, IT, ME, EE, CIVIL||-10+2 with at least 50%(NRI candidates) and 45%(All Indian students)score in Science stream. -Candidates need to score at least 45% in EAMCET, at least 40% for the reserved category.|
|Lateral Entry -10+2+3(engineering diploma or B.Sc) with more than 50%|
|PG||M.Tech in ECE, CSE, EEE, CE, ME||-at least 45% in B.tech - seats will be filled by the convenor and institution|
|MBA||-minimum qualification 10+2+3 with Mathematics -candidates should at least score 50% in ICET or secure a good rank in State CET|
B.Tech in CSE
Bachelor in Technology in Computer Science Engineering is the best course among all the courses GEC offers.
- The best and most expensive computer lab equipment.
- For the past decade, a larger number of CSE students get recruited.
- Last year, 261 students of CSE got recruited in the top companies like Oracle and Google.
B.Tech in ECE
Bachelor in Technology in Electrical Communication Engineering is the second best course among all the courses GEC offers.
- Last year 161 students of CSE got recruited in the top companies like Oracle and Infosys.
- The placements for topmost courses are going to increase because of NAAC affiliation and UGC confirmation.
In the department of Management, Gudlavalleru Engineering College offers only MBA program with very special faculty.
- The MBA students at GEC are even trained for the placements
- Every year from 25 to 50 students get recruited out of 120 students.
- The minimum eligibility is candidates must have secured 45% in any UG program and cleared ICET or CET exam.
Click here GEC Courses & Fee
The Placement cell of Gudlavalleru Engineering College is really good, the placements have also increased since UGC, New Delhi has confirmed the college. Big companies like Oracle, Google, and Infosys come every year and take a large number of B.Tech/M.Tech and MBA students with them. The college placement cell has also a training facility for the students to groom them and prepare them to face the recruiters. Gudlavalleru engineering college highest package was given to an ECE students. Placement Statistics last year is given below.
Read more about GEC Placement
Perks of studying at Gudlavalleru Engineering College is that you get several types of scholarships.
- Every student who got admission to college through EAMCET, gets fee reimbursement of INR35,000.
- The College itself provide INR10,000 per year to the merit students.
- Students who play for the college from the minor category gets full fee reimbursement.
- Counseling students get half fee reimbursement.
- Economically weaker students get free books and approx INR3,000.
- College also has a good education loan facility available to economically weaker students.