Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College is a Government Aided autonomous institution which was well founded by the Nankana Sahib Education Trust (NSET). NSET was founded in memory of the most sacred temple of Nankana Sahib, birth place of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- A Polytechnic was established in 1953 along with Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College which was founded in 1956
- The College foundation was laid by Late Dr. Rajendra Prasad , the First President of India
- The college is affiliated to Punjab Technical University and is approved by AICTE
- The campus is sprawled out over an area of 88 acres with beautiful lush green lawns & surrounding
- The college is imparting education at postgraduate & under graduate level
- The college is now NBA accredited and have signed MoU with IOWA University [USA] for exchange of students and faculty
- It takes about 5 kms from Bus Stand and 8 kms from Ludhiana Railway Station on Ludhiana-Malerkotla Road
Placement Record for 2010-2014:
|Company Name||Students Placed||Branch||Package|
|Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.||1||ME||5.9 lacs|
|1||M.Tech, (CSE)||3.25 lacs|
|Alfa Laval||2||PE||3.5 lacs|
|PACT Solutions Pvt. Ltd||1||CSE||2.8 lacs|
|Sapient Group||1||CSE||4.5 lacs|
|One Infonet Technologies||3||CSE||1.8 lacs|
|P & R Infoline||17||CSE||1.8 lacs|
|Arcadian Technocrats||1||CSE||2.0 lacs|
|Eastman Impex||3||ME||1.5 lacs|
|Hitech International Pvt. Ltd.||3||CSE||1.5 lacs|
|1||M.Tech, (IE)||1.5 lacs|
|ACC Concrete||1||CIVIL||3.5 lacs|
|Thermax Limited||2||ME||4.2 lacs|
Research & Development (2010-2014):
Number of paper published in international journal -353
Number of paper published in National Journal -31
Number of paper published in International Conference - 144
Number of paper published in National Conference - 189
Number of M.Tech completed -135
Number of Ph.D completed -34
Number of faculty paper in international conference (within India) - 21
Number of faculty visited abroad under faculty exchange programme -19
Books published 49
â€‹GEGENESIS is the annual cultural and arts festival of Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College held in September.NESIS is the annual cultural and arts festival of Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College held in September.
National Service Scheme
- On September 24, 1969, the then Union Education Minister Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao, launched the NSS program in 37 universities
- The NSS students have also done useful work in organizing campaigns for eradication of social evils, and popularization of the nationally accepted objectives like nationalism, democracy, secularism, social harmony and development of scientific temper
- The institution has a well-established Air Conditioned Central Library having rich collection of books, online books, print Journals,online journals,back volume journals since 1945.
- There is separate Welfare Section in the Library for the financially weaker sections of the students.
- Library is fully computerized with E-Granthalaya software package which is an integrated multi-user library management system those supports all in-house operations of the Library.
The various achievement and ranking of the college are as follows:
- Recently, the Institute was ranked Best Government Engineering College Award (ABP, earlier known as Star TV)
- 3rd position under the category of Top Engineering College ranked by State (CSR-GHRDC Engineering College Survey 2012).
- Competition Success Review (July-2013) during its Survey has ranked GNDEC as First Position in the category of Top 15 Engineering Colleges Ranked by Region and in the category of Top 15 Engineering Colleges ranked by State
- The Magazine OUTLOOK (Monthly Magazine July, 2014 Edition) has ranked GNDEC, Ludhiana on 37th position in the ranking of Top 75 Engineering colleges of Nation and First among Engineering Colleges of Punjab.
Awards and Scholarships:
There are various scholarships that are available to the students, some of them are:
1. Principal S. Tara Singh Scholarship:This scholarship of Rs.1000/- is given by S. Bhagwant Singh, Managing Director
2. Er. Mukhpal Singh Gill Scholarship:This scholarship of Rs.1000/- is given by S. Harbhajan Singh Gill and is awarded to BEST ATHLETE amongst girls, every year since 1994.
3. Prof. Sadhu Singh Sidhu Scholarship:The interest of Rs 10,000/- is given by Rt. Prof. Sadhu Singh Sidhu and is awarded to the 2nd BEST ATHLETE among boys and girls every year.
4. S. Resham Singh Scholarship: The scholarship/momento woth Rs.500/- is awarded under this scholarship to Best Athlete Boy and Girl out of the interest of Rs. 10,000/-.
5. S. Surinder Singh Minhas Scholarship:This scholarship is awarded to the Best attacker,Best midfielder and Best Defender of college Football team only when the team gains first three positions in P.T.U Inter-college Football Tournament.
6. Er. CHITWANT SINGH SCHOLARSHIPS: a) Chitwant College Record Breaker award:Cash prize of Rs.300/- is awarded to each athlete who set new record in college athletic meet.
b) Chitwant PTU Best athlete Award:Cash prize/Momento costing Rs1500/- is to be awarded and also to be shared in case of more than one claimant.
c) Chitwant PTU Record Breaker award:Cash prize of Rs.500/- is awarded to each athlete who set new record in university athletic meet.
d) Chitwant PTU Captain Award: Cash prize Rs 1000/- is to be awarded to PTU Team Captain (To be shared in case of more than one claimant).
e) Chiwant Inter-univ. Participation Award: Cash prize worth Rs1500/- to be awarded to students participating in Inter-university games approved by AIU.
f) Chitwant Inter-university Position Holder Award: Cash prize worth Rs1500/- to be given to students participating and securing some position in AIU approved games.