Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal is an autonomous institute which is affiliated to MAKAUT, Kolkata. It is accredited by NAAC and NBA and is AICTE approved. The institution mainly offers three programmes, B.Tech, M.Tech, and MCA. The B.Tech programme is a four-year course with 9 specializations while the M.Tech is a two-year course with 7 specializations. Admissions to these courses are entrance based.
The institute has received the ‘Most Preferred Engineering Institute of 2020’ award and was ranked at 150th position under Engineering category by the NIRF in 2019.
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Private|
|Accredited By||NAAC, NBA|
|Affiliated to||MAKAUT, Kolkata|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains/ PGET/ JECA|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech and MCA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Apeejay, Surendra, Apollo Tyres Ltd, Avery India, Wipro Technologies|
|Facilities Available||Banks, Health Care, Cafeteria, Computing facility|
|Official Website||Heritage Institute of Technology|
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Rankings/ Achievements
- HIT, Kolkata was ranked 150th for B.Tech by NIRF rankings 2019.
- HIT, Kolkata bagged 154th for B.Tech by NIRF rankings 2020.
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Courses
|Course||Specializations||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||4 years||10+2 with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in aggregate in PCM or equivalent.||JEE Mains/ WBJEE|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering.|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.|
|M.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering.||2 years||Bachelor's Degree in B.Tech/ BE or equivalent||PGET/ GATE|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.|
|MCA||Computer Applications||2 years||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects at 10+2 level or at the graduate level. Minimum 50% marks on an average in the graduation level.||JECA|
Read More: HIT Courses & Fees
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Admissions
Heritage Institute of Technology admission process 2020 for all the three programs is listed in a brief below:
- HIT Kolkata B.Tech admissions are based on candidate's JEE Main/ WBJEE scores.
- For admission to the M.Tech program, candidates are required to qualify PGET/ GATE.
- To secure admission to MCA, candidates must have a valid score in JECA.
How To Apply?
Below mentioned are the steps to apply for HIT, Kolkata:
- Visit the official college website.
- Locate the ‘Admission’ section and familiarise with the details of the course.
- The application form will be available on the home page.
- Fill in and submit the form along with the necessary fee.
Candidates must also bring the following documents at the time of admission:
- Self-attested copies of
- Allotment letter issued by WBJEE board (2 sets)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- GATE score card for M.Tech
- Allotment paper issued by PGET board (2 sets for M.Tech)
- Age Proof Certificate
- X & XII or equivalent mark sheets
- Graduation mark sheets ( applicable for MCA and M.Tech)
- Photocopy of WBJECA Admit Card & Rank Card
- Original Medical Fitness Certificate
- Original Eye Certificate regarding ‘No Colour Blindness’
- Original Migration Certificate
- Photocopy of Blood Group Certificate
- Four passport size colour photographs
- Anti-ragging affidavits in the prescribed format downloaded from the college website.
Read More: HIT Admissions
GATE Cutoff 2020:
|3.||Computer Science and Information Technology||28.5||25.6||19.0|
|5.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||28.8||25.9||19.2|
Read More: HIT Cutoff
HIT, Kolkata Results
For admissions to the courses in HIT, candidates must qualify GATE or JEE Mains/ WBJEE exams.The result in those exams will determine the admission in Heritage Institute of Technology.
How to check GATE Result?
- Visit the GATE official website.
- Click on the tab ‘GATE 2020’. A new window will appear.
- Enter your enrollment id, registration number and date of birth.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
How to check WBJECA Result?
- Visit the official website of WBJEE and open the WB JECA portal.
- Login into your account by entering the application number and password.
- Enter the security PIN provided and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Rank card for WB JECA result is available for download.
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Placements
HIT, Kolkata has a placement cell which continuously coordinates with various industries and organizations for placement of its students. Some of the best-of-the-industries in which students have been placed through campus interviews are Apeejay, Surendra, Apollo Tyres Ltd, Avery India, Wipro Technologies, Pepsico, ICICI Bank, Cognizant Technologies Solutions, HDFC Bank Ltd, Philips Carbon Black Ltd.etc.
The below-mentioned table represents the number of companies visited and students placed over the past few years.
|Year||Number of companies visited||Number of students placed|
Read More: HIT Placements
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Scholarships
With the help of Calcutta Club Ltd. Centenary Scholarship Fund, Heritage Institute of Technology offers scholarships to the students who are pursuing B.Tech and belong to economically weaker families. The eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship is given below:
- The annual income of parents of the students must be less than Rs 84,000 per annum
- Preference shall be given to the students belonging to physically challenged categories
- The students must not be in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and also should not accept any other scholarship as a financial help to pursue the course
Also, Heritage Institute of Technology encourages its students to apply through Vidya Lakshmi portal, which facilitates students in getting easy access to education loans, scholarships and other student-friendly facilities.
Read More: HIT Scholarships
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Facilities
- Postal Facility: All postal facilities are available at East Kolkata Township P.O. located nearby. Besides there is an arrangement with DTDC so that members of faculty, staff and students can also avail themselves of courier services.
- Central Computing Facility: A Central Computer Centre is exclusively available to the students for net surfing and online study. All the computers are LAN connected with 200Mbps leased line for 24 hours. All students are provided with a unique email id for having anytime access to institute related information.
- Bank: Punjab National Bank is located within the campus with an ATM facility for the benefit of students and members of staff. It also extends various soft loans.
- Health Care: A medical unit is available in the campus besides arrangements with hospitals located nearby.
- Cafeteria: The Institute has an excellent cafeteria with a seating capacity for more than 200 persons and a well-planned hygienic kitchen. Multi-cuisine lunch and snacks are being served in the cafeteria.
- Common Rooms: The Institute has common rooms (separately for boys and girls) equipped with indoor games facilities like Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess etc.
- Hostels: Separate boarding and lodging facilities are available separately for outstation boys and girls.
Read More: HIT Facilities
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata Faculty
All the faculty members of every department are highly proficient in their field of study. All the professors hold doctor degrees and all impart superior quality education. Some of the highly reputed professors are:
- Dr. Srabanti Basu: Department of Biotechnology
- Dr. Sulagna Chatterjee: Department of Chemical Engineering
- Dr. Tapas Sadhu: Department of Civil Engineering
- Dr. Subhashish Majumder: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Prof. (Dr.) Madhurima Chattopadhyay: Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumental Engineering
- Prof (Dr.) Sukanta Sarkar: Department of Mechanical Engineering
Read More: HIT Faculty
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata FAQs
Ques. Is the fee structure of HIT expensive?
Ans. The fee structure of the Heritage Institute of Technology is expensive. The first year fee for the following courses are:
- B.Tech: 1.16 lakhs
- M.Tech: 1.25 lakhs
- MCA: 1.31 lakhs
Ques. How many seats are available for the M.Tech courses at HIT Kolkata?
Ans. The intake capacity for M.Tech courses is:
- Computer Science and Engineering: 36
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 18
- Biotechnology: 18
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering: 18
- VLSI: 18
- Renewal Energy: 18
Ques. How is the campus of the HIT institute? Is there any gaming facility available for the entertainment of the students at HIT Kolkata?
Ans. The campus is exquisitely landscaped with intertwined roads connecting various buildings inside the campus. It provides a tranquil surrounding with a backdrop of lush greenery, which offers an aesthetically pleasing and serene atmosphere, on one hand, and an intellectually stimulating environment, on the other. A common room, equipped with major indoor games facilities like Table Tennis, Carom and Chess are available. There are excellent facilities for outdoor games and sports like cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, golf and swimming.
Ques. What is the average salary offered during placement at heritage institute of technology?
Ans. TCS takes around 80% of total placement and average salary is approx 3.3 lpa, in 2016 TCS has taken 508 candidates, in 2017 TCS has taken approx 509 candidates and this year(2018) approx 400 candidates.
So the salary provided by TCS, 3.36lpa is the average salary of Heritage Institute Of Technology. Also, considering you are pursuing B.Tech the average salary is 3.25–3.6 lac as mass recutimer come in heritage mainly Infosys and wipro in which more than 70% people are placed and these companies offer on average 3.3–3.5 lac per annum.
Ques. What kinds of seminars and workshops are arranged at HIT Kolkata?
Ans. Various seminars and workshops are arranged by various departments of the institute. Seminars on Student Development, and Webinars on Robotics were quite successful.