Indore Institute of Science and Technology (IIST), is a prestigious institute for engineering, science, and technology established in the year 2003. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal & is recognized by DTE, Madhya Pradesh Govt. The institute offers B.Tech across 6 disciplines at the undergraduate level and ME across 3 disciplines at the postgraduate level. Many renowned companies recruit quality students from the institute with high packages.
Read more: IIST Indore Reviews
IIST Indore Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2003 | Private|
|Affiliation||RGPV, Bhopal MP|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Entrance Exams||B.Tech: JEE Mains
IIST Indore Courses
Indore Institute of Science and Technology offers the following courses at the UG and PG level:
|B. Tech||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology||
|ME||Machine Design, Digital Communication, Computer Science & Engineering||
Read more: IIST Indore Courses and Fees
IIST Indore Admission
The selection of candidates in B.Tech will be done on the basis of their results in JEE (Main). Interested candidates can apply for the JEE main exam through NTA official website.
Candidates with a valid JEE Main score have to apply for centralized counselling that is conducted by DTE Madhya Pradesh. Then they need to select the college and courses and also have to lock their choices in preferential order
Admission to the M.E program takes place through GATE
- For admission to the B.E. program candidates register through the online admission portal available at the official IIST website
- Enter all the relevant details
- After submission, download and take the printout of the generated “Bank Challan” for paying the application fee.
- Submit the fee in the bank with the help of “Challan”
- Obtain the transaction details.
- Using the applicant’s login enter the bank transaction details
- Also, upload the receipt of the bank challan to complete the registration process.
Read more: IIST Indore Admission
IIST Indore Placements
The placements and Internships of the institute are managed by the Students Development Cell (CRC). It facilitates all the placement activities and aims to place all the students in the job profiles suitable.
Moreover, they also counsel students to study abroad, jobs in PSUs, and provide a platform for students to raise funds and guidance for start-ups. The institute claims to provide the highest placement in Madhya Pradesh
Placement Highlights 2019-2020
- Total Companies Visited: 113
- Total Job Offers: 506
- Highest Package: INR 12.4 LPA
Some of the top recruiters are:
- HCL Technologies
- Cipla Ltd
- VVDN Technologies
- Yash Technologies
Read more: IIST Indore Placement
IIST Indore Scholarships
The institute offers several scholarships to support the students financially. There are scholarships for B.Tech, B.Tech Lateral entry and M.Tech students based upon different criteria. Sports scholarships are also available.
Criteria: 55% and Above in class 12th and JEE percentile 55% and above
|Percentage||B. Tech (CSE)||B. Tech (IT)||B. Tech (ECE)||B. Tech (ME/CE/CM)|
Criteria: 50%-54.99% in class 12th and JEE percentile 1%-54.99%
|Percentage||B. Tech (ECE)||B. Tech (ME/CE/CM)|
Read more: IIST Indore Scholarships
IIST Indore Facilities
- Accommodation: The institute has a separate hostel facility for both girls and boys each having the capacity of accommodating more than 250 students. Each room is equipped with modern amenities plus an attached bath and toilet.
- Laboratories: The institute provides the finest labs for each department running in the institute. And, each lab is intended to complement the subjects related to the stream.
- Computer Labs: There are computer labs, operating round the clock and 365 days in a year. There are 1000 + PCs in addition to a number of laptops, servers, and WiFi access.
- Transportation: The institute has a transportation facility for all the students as well as faculty members. To make it easier for keeping a real-time check on the route, all the buses are registered on an app that is easily available on google or the App store.
- Library: There is an ample technical library covering the huge area of 15,000 sq ft. The library has a vast collection of magazines, books, journals, and periodicals to offer great help to students.
Read more: IIST Indore Hostel
IIST Indore FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties of the IIST Indore?
Ans. The institute consists of a highly qualified team of 2 associate professors, 4 HODs, and 80 assistant professors across respective departments. They all are well-experienced, cooperative, and possess excellent knowledge of the subject matter.
Ques. What are the sports facilities offered at IIST Indore?
Ans. The institute offers sporting facilities and thus focus more on the overall development of the human body and mind. The facilities not only include outdoor sports such as hockey, cricket, football, basketball, etc. but also started Yoga and meditation classes to help students become mentally fit.
Ques. Does IIST Indore offer on-campus internships to the students?
Ans. Yes, the college offers on-campus internships from 1st year to help students improve their technical skills, and SIG (Special Interest Group) enables project-based learning to learn more emerging technologies.
Ques. What role does the SIG (Special Interest Group) play in IIST Indore?
Ans. The execution of knowledge through SIGs (Special Interest Groups) has helped the students in sculpturing their overall personality in terms of Technology and Grooming. The extracurricular activities like DAZZLE, HR Conclave, Apratim Pragya-Pratispardha which pulls out the hidden talent in Young Minds.
Ques. Does IIST Indore have any Career development group?
Ans. Yes, the institute has a separate Career Development Cell to prepare students to cater to the industrial needs. From the first year itself, students are engaged in personality development activities and aptitude, training by Career Development Cell (CDC), which helps in the development of soft skills such as, communication, group discussion, public speaking, problem-solving skills, etc.