Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering abbreviated as JSCOE is a part of the Hadapsar campus of the Jayawant Shikshan Prasarak Mandal (JSPM) at Pune and was established in 2004. JSCOE offers 16 full-time courses such as BE, ME, MCA, and MBA across 3 streams. The admission to the college is based on entrance exams. The application mode for admission is online.
The highest package offered at 2020 placements was INR 18 LPA. Some of the top recruiters include TCS, Syntel, IBM, Sankey Solution, Fiserv, Jaro, Infosys, Honeywell, PNB Housing, L&T, etc.
|Established | Institute Type||2004 | Private|
|Approved By||AICTE, DTE|
|Recognized By||Govt. of Maharashtra|
|Affiliated To||Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)|
|Courses Offered||B. E., M. E., MBA, and MCA|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Main, MHT-CET, GATE, MAH CET|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Amazon|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Sports, Transport, Virtual Classrooms, NSS, Moodle|
JSCOE Courses Offered
JSCOE offers 16 full-time UG and PG courses such as BE, ME, MCA, and MBA across 3 streams like engineering and management. The information regarding each course is mentioned below.
|B. E.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent intermediate exam from a recognized board with PCM.
Selection Criteria: Entrance-based (MHT-CET, JEE Main)
Specializations (Intake): Mechanical Engineering (180), Electrical Engineering (60), Computer Engineering (120), Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (120), and Information Technology (60).
|B. E. (Direct Second Year)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Must have completed a Diploma from a recognized board.
Selection Criteria: Merit-based
Specializations: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, and Information Technology.
|M. E.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have completed B.E. or B. Tech. or any other equivalent degree in the respective specialization from a recognized board.
Selection Criteria: Entrance-based (GATE)
Specializations (Intake): Design Engineering (24), Computer Engineering (18), Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (24).
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any specialization from a recognized board.
Selection Criteria: Entrance-based (MAH CET)
|MCA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have completed BCA or any equivalent bachelor’s degree from a recognized board with min. 50%
Selection Criteria: Merit-based
JSCOE offers admission in two phases, the first phase is online, and the second phase is counseling rounds by the college. The students must meet all the eligibility requirements and pass the entrance exams according to the information in the course table.
How to apply?
- The students should access and fill the application form with all the relevant basic and educational details available on the website https://jspmjscoe.edu.in/admissions/apply_now
- The students must upload all the required documents. The entrance exam scores for the relevant courses should also be entered in the form.
- After the application forms are submitted and received by the admissions office, a counseling round is arranged for the students according to a merit list.
JEE Main Cutoff 2019 Round 1 for the general category-
|BE Computer Engineering||13268-13268|
|BE (Information Technology)||15622-15622|
|BE Electrical Engineering||32280-32280|
|BE Electronics & Telecom Engineering||33251-33251|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||36150-43891|
The college boasts of 416 campus placements with the highest package of 18 lpa in the year of 2020. The top recruiters include Infosys, TCS, Amazon, and Wipro. Below table has detailed statistics of the placements-
|Total Companies Visited||98||96||80|
|Total Number of Offers||416||602||314|
|Highest Salary Package||INR 18 LPA||INR 10 LPA||INR 7 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 2.89 LPA||INR 2.57 LPA||INR 2.14 LPA|
As JSCOE is affiliated with the Pune University, there are many scholarships and awards that can be granted to the students. The list of scholarships and awards that the college provides are:
- Special Quota for J & K and Northeast states
- Scholarships for SC/ ST/ OBC Students
- 3% reserved seats for Differently Abled
- 30% reserved seats For Women
- Fee concession for EBC students
- Scholarships for Minority Communities
JSCOE resides at the vibrant and green Hadapsar campus of JSPM. The campus provides the following facilities to its students.
- Hostel: The Hadapsar campus offers hostel accommodation only for girls. The institute provides well-furnished rooms with different occupancy requirements of the students. The hostel provides a canteen facility, security, free Wi-Fi, and recreational facilities. The fees for each student is INR 35000 for a year.
- Moodle (Learning Management System): JSCOE manages the student’s learning online through the Learning Management System, Moodle. The LMS can be accessed here https://lms.jspmjscoe.edu.in/. The LMS provides a centralized structure for students and faculties to access and post-study material and manages the whole learning ecosystem effectively.
- Transport Facilities: The institute offers transport facilities like buses to students commuting from different places within Pune. The students and faculty must pay a fee to use the transport facility. There are also inter-campus bus facilities.
- Extracurricular activities: The institute has a sports ground with varied sports facilities like volleyball, basketball, badminton, football, and cricket. There are also indoor game facilities at the campus. The college also has a huge NSS participation.
- Library: The library has 28490 books,100+ national and international journals, and more than 27000 e-books. The college which has such a vast repository of books and journals will improve the effectiveness of student learning.
According to the NAAC Self-study report for the year 2016-2017, the distribution of faculty as per the different departments is given in the table below:
|Department||No. of faculty members|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||30|
The faculty includes designations like Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Adjunct Professor, and Visiting faculty.
Ques. Does JSCOE intake foreign students?
Ques. What is the intake of JSCOE in terms of Direct Second Year admissions?
Ques. What is the admission process for direct second-year students for the B.E. program?
Ques. What are the required documents needed during the admission process?
- CET/ AIEEE Marks Sheet
- 12th Marks Sheet, 10th Marks Sheet, and 10th Passing Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- Birth Certificate/ Domicile & Nationality (if Required)
- Caste Certificate and Caste Validity
- Non-Creamy Layer
- Mother-tongue Certificate
- MKB Certificate
- Colour Photo - 2
- GAP Certificate (if required)
Ques. What entrance exam must be given for the MCA course?