LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Thiruvananthapuram was established in 2001. This college is the second self-financing Engineering College managed by LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Trivandrum (A Govt. of Kerala undertaking).
- It is affiliated to University of Kerala. The mission of the college is to make the institution a center of excellence that molds women engineers of quality in the latest frontiers of Science and Technology so as to play a vital role in the socio-economic progress of the nation. This engineering college is a unique venture of the LBS Center for Science and Technology, under the auspices of Government of Kerala.
- The college is located in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram city. It is situated at Poojappura, which is about 4 km away from the Thiruvananthapuram central railway station and KSRTC bus station.The Nearest airport, Thiruvananthapuram International Airport is about 15 km (9.3 mi) from the college.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Technology for Women (LBSITW), Thiruvananthapuram, is the first engineering college for women in the state of Kerala on the Malabar Coast of southwestern India.
Research and Enhanced education (R&Ee) forum: The Continuing education activities of the college are being coordinated by the (R&Ee) Research and Enhanced Education Forum. The forum helps in extending the expertise and infrastructure of the college to the benefit of the public in addition to the students of LBSITW. The forum conducts short-â€‹term training programs in various areas of Electronics and Computer Science to the students of LBSITW and for outsiders also.
College Union: The Union involves in conducting various extra-curricular and co-â€‹curricular activities. They also bring to notice the improvements required in various areas in the campus .They discuss these matters with the union staff advisor and Principal.
Alumni Association: The Alumni association of LBS Institute of Technology for Women (LITAA) has been constituted in February2006. All the former students of the college have enrolled as members of this association. As part of this initiative, LITAA has constituted gold medals to rank holders of the outgoing batch in CSE, ECE, AE and IT Departments and for the best outgoing student every year.
Number of Offers:
ASEA BROWN BOVERI (ABB)
SUN TEC BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- National Service Scheme: A unit of NSS (Unit No.161) is functioning under the Directorate of Technical Education. The unit is actively involved in various activities of social relevance and social works.
- Punarjjani (Dec 26 - Jan 01 ‚2014): Punarjani project was a combined project of NSS and Kerala youth welfare board. The main theme of the project was to repair the unused but usable instruments by renovation. Our students put in their full-fledged effort even though the camp was scheduled suddenly.
- Blood Donation Camp @ LBS (Feb 26, 2014): A blood donation camp was conducted in the campus in collaboration with Lions Club of Trivandrum and HLFPPT.
- E-â€‹Literacy (Feb 24 – 28, 2014): E-â€‹Literacy project not only give a new spread of technology to the people of pallichal panchayath. The unit made sure that all their students got well acquainted with laptops.
- IEEE: The programme had three sessions– inaugural function, technical talk and mentoring session.
- IEEE STEP 2013 : IEEE STEP (Student Transition and Elevation Partnership program) 2013, organized by the IEEE Kerala GOLD AG was conducted at LBSITW, Trivandrum on the 17/08/â€‹2013.
- ISEE 2014: IEEE International Symposium on Education, Technology and Entrepreneurship (ISEE) is the flagship symposium by the IEEE Student Branch, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. It aims at bringing various academic disciplines under a single forum. It consists of various science and technology based lectures and workshops.
Nature Club: A Nature Club was formed in 2006.This club, in which both staff members and students are active members, is diligently pursuing its dream of a green, beautiful and environment friendly campus.
Library provides large number of technical books and more than 4415 titles. The library have total of 18 international journals and 55 periodicals.
- NCACICT’13: National Conference on Advances in Computational Intelligence and Communication Technologies-2013 (NCACICT-2013), which is the premier conference in India in the area of Computations, Signal Processing, Networking, Telecommunications, and Information Technology held on June 26 – 27 2013.
- Yagana & Dhruva: Yagna, the technical fest was established in 2008 while Dhruva, the cultural fest was launched in 2009.Both Yagna& Dhruva have popularity in avenues for students to show their prowess in technical as well as cultural activities.