M.I.E.T. Engineering College, a premier Muslim minority institution of Tamil Nadu, was established in 1998 by M.I.E.T. Society. MIET society offers high quality education in an underdeveloped rural and semi-urban region of Tamil Nadu. The College aims to provide a conductive environment and a better learning experience which enables you, to achieve your full potential. It is located in Trichy, Tamil Nadu. It offers six under graduate and five post graduate engineering courses.
- It is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- It is affiliated to Anna University, Tiruchirappalli
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Computer Application
- Department of Management Studies
The College has an independent Training & placement Cell devoted to cater the needs of the organizations in conducting campus interviews for placements.
Placement Record year 2014
Name of Company
Total No. of Placed Students
M/s Effect Works Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Scientific Publisher Services
M/s. Varnik Cloud Services
M/s. VDART Software Services Pvt. Ltd.
- The library has a total collection of more than 38,186 volumes of books with 14,783 titles relating to various engineering disciplines and science & humanities
- The library subscribes 173 periodicals with 121 Journals (inclusive of 41 international journals) and 52 number of technical magazines and subscribe 7 dailies
- A fully furnished hostel to accommodate 800 students functions with-in the campus. The rooms are spacious, well-ventilated, clean and hygienic
- A reading room, indoor game facilities and a gymnasium available
- MIET has a two auditorium. It can seat 1,000 people and comes with central air-conditioning. It has number of modern equipment such as multimedia projector and sound system
- There is a secondary smaller auditorium which is capable of seating 300, and is often used to conduct meetings, symposiums and seminars