Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT) is a private engineering college established in 1999 offering Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech) as an undergraduate course with 8 specializations. It also offers full-time Masters in Business Administration (MBA). Admission to these courses is done based on the entrance exam. The application process is conducted online.
Ranked 10th among the best engineering colleges by Dataquest T school Survey, the institute offers great placement offers to its students with the highest package going up to INR 28 LPA and major recruiters being Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Amazon, etc.
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Private|
|Accredited by||National Board of Accreditation (NBA)|
|Affiliated to||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Set by||Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech and MBA|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main/ IPU CET exam (B.Tech course) CAT/ CMAT/ IPU CET (MBA)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Amazon, etc.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Computing, Medical, Sports, Gym, Auditorium|
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Ranking
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT) is a private engineering college and is ranked 17th among the best engineering colleges in India as per Dataquest and 98th as per Outlook ranking. The ranking of the institute by different agencies is as follows:
|NIRF (Engineering Colleges)||251||2020|
|The Week (For B.Tech)||89||2019|
|Dataquest CMR:- T-Schools (overall)-Govt. & Private||17||2020|
|Dataquest CMR:- T-Schools Private||8||2020|
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Courses
The institute offers 2 courses that are B.Tech and MBA. The details are as follows-
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Specializations: Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical, and Automation Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Information Technology and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility: Should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as the main subjects.
Selection Criteria: Candidate should have a valid score in JEE Main/ IPU CET exam Intake: 180 ( in each specialization)
Fees: INR 2.5 LPA
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Any candidate who has passed the B.Tech or equivalent degree from a recognized institute.
Selection Criteria: CAT/ CSAT/ IPU CET Entrance Examination
Intake: 180 Fees per year:- INR 1.33 LPA
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Admission
Admission to the college is strictly based on the entrance exam.
How to Apply?
- Apply for the respective exam on their official website.
- Fill the online application form and upload the required documents in the given specifications.
- Pay the mentioned online fee.
- Candidates should have a valid score in JEE Main/ IPU CET for B.Tech admissions and CAT/ CSAT/ IPU CET for MBA admissions.
- Candidates have to register online for the counselling process through the official website of GGSIPU.
- The candidates are chosen on the basis of merit as per their score in the entrance exam.
- The admissions are then confirmed after document verification and fee submission.
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Placement
MAIT Delhi offers decent placement and internship opportunities for their students by interacting with various reputed companies such as Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Amazon, etc. In 2019, 42 companies visited the campus offering packages between INR 3.5 LPA to INR 28 LPA.
Some of the Placement Highlights are shown below:-
- The number of companies visited: 42
- Highest Package Offered: INR 28 LPA
- Average Package: INR 4.5 LPA
- The number of students placed: 808
Here are some statistics which show the year wise placement in the college-
|Year||Number of Students Placed|
|2018 - 2019||808|
|2017 – 2018||679|
|2016 - 2017||861|
|2015 – 2016||715|
|2014 - 2015||618|
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Facilities
- Hostel: Hostel facility is available separately for both boys and girls. All hostels are equipped with facilities like TV in the common room, indoor games, and internet facilities.
- Library: The library consists of a collection of books, journals, newspapers, and magazines providing all necessary information to the students, staff, and faculty of the institute.
- Auditorium: The institute is equipped with an auditorium that is used for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Medical: MAIT provides 24/ 7 medical facilities for its students with specialized doctors and ambulance services.
- Sports: Institute offers various facilities and equipment to its students and encourages them to excel in sports as well.
- Computing: MAIT consists of all the computing facilities to cater to all the technological needs of the students.
- Canteen: The institute has a common canteen facility which provides food for its students and faculties
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology Faculty
The faculties of the institute are divided into 10 segments to provide specific knowledge about the specialized courses.
The engineering department is divided into 8 departments, followed by an applied science department and a department for an MBA.
- Professor: 18+
- Assistant Professor: 200+
- Associate Professor: 15+
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology FAQs
Ques. Is there a fee concession for the reserved category students?
Ques. Is it mandatory to take the hostel facility?
Ques. What is the reservation criterion during admissions?
Ques. Is there an option to swap the course at the time of counseling?
Ques. Is the scholarship available for the students?