Maharaja Engineering College is a 25-year-old private college that was established in 1994 by the Paramasiva Palanisamy Charitable Trust, Erode. It is affiliated to Anna University and licensed from AICTE. The college began with the initiation to impart technical education in a disciplined environment and to train highly eminent engineers to serve the society. It offers courses of undergraduate and postgraduate that is, B.E/ B.Tech and M.E/ M.Tech. The admission criteria are on the basis of the marks scored in TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) by Anna University through counseling.
Maharaja Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type||1994 | Private|
|Courses Offered||B.E/ B.Tech and M.E/M.Tech|
|Facilities offered||Library, hostel, central amenities, seminar halls, auditorium, back up power, internet connectivity, and language lab.|
Maharaja Engineering College Courses
The college offers the following courses under various specializations. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.E.||Mechanical Engineering||Intermediate graduate with Physics and Maths along with Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology with 45% marks (40% for reserved categories)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|M.E.||Engineering Design||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field with 50% in the qualifying examination (45% marks for reserved category)
|Computer Science and Engineering|
Note: The college offers a B.E second-year lateral entry for all the courses in Under graduation course for both diploma and B.sc with minimum marks.
Maharaja Engineering College Admission
Students need to apply online on the website page to submit their application for both B.E/ B.Tech and M.E/ M.Tech.
- For under graduation program, a pass in XII std., of Tamilnadu HSC (Academic) with Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
- For post-graduation courses, a pass which is recognizing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and marks of at least 50% obtained.
- Candidates with section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificate and other similar certificates of professional or government bodies that are recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India are considered only with 2 years regular full 5ime teaching or industrial experience in the relevant field after compilation of the project.
Maharaja Engineering College Placements
The college strives to prepare the students for the corporate world and develop a job profile that is good enough for top companies & MNCs. The college has been having active placements from the past 5 years with nearly 100 hours of aptitude training and other training programs for students who are eligible for job placements. They even offer help with off-campus placements and make sure to build resumes that can be used for every sector of companies.
Click here Maharaja Engineering College Placement
Maharaja Engineering College Facilities
The college has taken the initiative to build user-friendly infrastructure which fulfills the needs and provides comfort for the students and facility. Following are the list of facilities present in the college:
- Hostel: They have separate hostel facilities for both male and female as well as a separate kitchen with modern facilities. The hostel also comes with a car and driver that is present 24 hours for emergency and with other technical necessaries.
- Language lab: They have an interactive English language initiative package installed in 60 systems with headphones attached to them. This is used for improving fluency in the English language and communication skills.
- Internet connectivity: They have internet accessibility of 4 Mbps Bandwidth on RF Link. They have a separate internet lab with 60 computers.
- Utility center: The campus is equipped with a full functioning utility center that consists of a xerox facility, beauty parlor/ salon, dispensary, and a tailor & laundry facilities as well.
Know more Maharaja Engineering College Hostel
Maharaja Engineering College FAQs
Ques. How many courses are offered by the college?
Ans. The college offers UG program and PG program, they also provide a direct second-year admission as well for the UG program. The UG program consists of 5 courses and the PG program consists of 6 courses.
Ques. What are the admission criteria?
Ans. Bachelor’s program eligibility criteria are TNEA + XII marks. Master’s program eligibility criteria are the bachelor’s degree with pass marks of 50%.
Ques. What is the location of the college?
Ans. The college is located in the state of Tamil Nadu in the city of Coimbatore and is situated in the nearby village named Palankarai village Avinashi. The most comfortable option of transport is the travel public bus and train.
Ques. What are the transportation facilities provided by the college for the students?
Ans. The college provides 21 buses with 17 routes, 2 cares, and other transportation options to students and faculty members.
Ques. Does the college provide placements after the course is completed?
Ans. Yes, the college has placements for students and has training facilities to prepare students for the placements and interviews they will be attending after in the last year of the course.
Ques. Does the college provide any certified activities for the students?
Ans. The college has two main certified activities that focus on gaining experience in fieldwork and sharpening skills. National Service Scheme and Youth Red Cross are the two activities provided by the college.