Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, MGIT, was established in 1997 in Hyderabad. MGIT, offers two courses, B.Tech & M.Tech. Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech needs to appear for AP EAMCET & students applying for M.Tech need to appear for either graduate aptitude test in engineering GATE or AP PGECET. Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, MGIT, earlier had an intake of 180 students which has successfully increased to 2020.
|Approved By||NAAC /AICTE|
|Set By||Chaitanya Bharathi Educational Society|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Admission Criteria||TS-EAMCET, TS-PGECET, GATE, ECET|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, TCS, Infosys|
|Campus Area||30 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Transport, Laboratory Etc.|
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology (MGIT) hold a NIRF ranking of #201
- In Top Engineering College in South India, it ranks #3
- The faculty of MGIT has won commendable awards like INAE Innovative student projects award, IIW Best Thesis Award Weldwell speciality award, Commendable Research Award.
MGIT Courses Offered
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology (MGIT) offers 14 streams across 2 courses, all have different availability of seats they are as follows:
|B.Tech||Specializations: Information Technology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science And Engineering, Electrical And Electronics Engineering, Electronics And Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering(Mechatronics), Metallurgical And Materials Engineering
Eligibility: Pass 10+2 with min 45%, have a valid score in the AP EAMCET exam.
Selection: Merit + Entrance Basis
|M.Tech||Specializations: Mechatronics, Computer Networks And Information Security, Digital Electronics And Communication Engineering, Power Electronics And Electrical Drives, Computer-aided Structural Engineering, Software Engineering
Eligibility: Pass graduation in a relevant stream from a recognized University. Have a valid score in GATE or AP PGECET exams.
Selection: Merit + Entrance Basis
Read More: MGIT Courses & Fees
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology MGIT offers 14 streams across 2 courses each has different eligibility and basic parameters of admission. MGIT offers two courses B.Tech & M.Tech, forms are available online on the official site of the college, and students can easily get it. The procedure for admission are as follows:
- B.Tech: to secure a seat or take admission in MGIT student needs to pass 10+2 or higher secondary with at least 45 % and appear for the AP EAMCET exam.
- M.Tech: for masters, students’ need to secure graduation from a recognised university and qualify graduation with 50% and appear for graduate aptitude test in engineering GATE or AP PGECET.
How To Apply?
- Visit the official website AP EAMCET ( online admission test)
- After successful payment of the registration fee online, click on the online application form link of MGIT.
- Upload the scanned copies of the documents like Passport Size Photograph in JPG Format (size less than 50 KB) and Signature in JPG format (less than 30 KB).
- Enter Personal, Academic Details.
- Submit the application form and take a print out of it for further reference.
- After candidates have received their scorecards, they will have to participate for the central counselling at the official EAMCET Counselling site
- Candidates will have to reach the Counselling centre with academic documents and rank cards for verification.
- The list of documents that they need to carry at the reporting centre are mentioned as follows;
- TS-EAMCET 2020 Rank Card
- Caste Certificate (ST/SC/OBC/EWS)
- TS-EAMCET 2020 Hall Ticket
- 10th & 12th Marksheet and Pass Certificate.
- Visit the official site of TS-PGECET (online exam)
- After successful payment, visit the application form
- Fill up the form with necessary details like personal & academic information
- Submit the form.
- Once the results are out, students can go counselling sessions.
- After selection, the college provides a list of documents that students need to produce during admission.
Read More: MGIT Admission
MGIT offers decent placement opportunities to the students, graduate students also opt for post-graduation and research studies from reputed colleges or institution within or outside the country.
- MGIT holds a rank of 7/10 in terms of their placement provided, there has been a good increase in no. of students getting placed since 2005-06. They have a successful and helpful placement faculty at college.
- The highest package offered was INR 3 LPA.
- Companies that visit MGIT are Amazon, TCS, Infosys, Essar Steels, Tech Aspect, IBM ADP Technologies, Wipro, Satyam Computers, SQL Software, L&T InfoTech, Sierra Atlantic, Dell International Services, Cognizant, Syntel, Birla Software, Visual soft, Virtusa, Accenture, Dolcera, SSA Global, Qualcore Logic, etc.
Along with good academics, one looks up for the facilities provided by the college, hence MGIT provides facilities as:
- LIBRARY: college has a well-equipped and fully facilitated library, there are in total 57113 books, 413 E-Journals, 167 national journals magazines, CD&DVD are 5769 etc. library has fixed working hours, students taking admission will be provided with every necessary detail after admission.
- Transport: Transport facility is provided to both student and teachers, online payment of transport fees is available, and students studying here can easily avail this facility.
- Hostel: college provides hostel facilities, there is a separate hostel for boys and girls. They provide decent and good food and accommodation facility.
- Infrastructure: infrastructure is quite good, the campus is quite spacious and the classrooms well ventilated, college, in general, has a hood and healthy environment.
- Laboratory: MGIT has a fully functional and advanced laboratories for all college experiment and projects, students can access it and utilise it to the fullest.
Along with this college has an active sports room, gymnasium, medical/health facilities laboratory etc.
Mahatma Gandhi institute of technology, MGIT has a well-qualified and a strong faculty, who provide extraordinary and great help to all students in the college, there are a total of 241 professors and teaching staff across 9 departments, majority professors hold a doctorate degree.
Ques. College is affiliated to which university?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi institute of technology or MGIT is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru technological university, which is approved by AICTE.
Ques. Does the college provide transport?
Ans. MGIT, HYDERABAD is not located in the main city Hyderabad, hence to make transport accessible, transport is provided to all students, transport fees are available online on the official site of the college.
Ques. What is the highest package offered to students?
Ans. MGIT has recorded the highest package of three lakhs eleven thousand approx. to B.TECH (2015-16) & four lakh fifty-three thousand approx. to M.TECH (2016-17)
Ques. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Ans. MGIT has a fully functioning food and accommodation facility, which is affordable and pocket friendly. Students from different states can definitely opt for it. College provides separate girls and boys hostel.
Ques. What are the companies that come for placement?
Ans. A lot of companies visit the campus of MGIT for placement, few notable & top companies are AMAZON, TCS, INFOSYS, ESSAR STEELS, TECH ASPECT, IBM ADP TECHNOLOGIES, and WIPRO etc.