Gossner College, Ranchi is a minority college established in the year 1971. It aims at providing education to the underprivileged, economically backward and tribal students of Ranchi and Jharkhand. The college is affiliated to Ranchi University. It offers Intermediate, Undergraduate & Post-graduate programs in the field of Arts, Science and Commerce. Besides, there are also some vocational courses like B.Sc. (Computer Application), BBA, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Mass Communication & Video production.
Gossner College Highlights
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
Gossner College Courses
The Gossner College offers intermediate, graduation & post-graduation courses. Following are some of the top courses:
|B.A.||History, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Psychology, Geography, Anthropology, Bangla, Urdu, Regional Languages||10+2 in any stream with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks|
|B.Sc.||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Geology||10+2 in Science stream with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks|
|B.Com||Accounts||10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks and Accounts as one of their mandatory subjects|
|MA||History, Economics, Political Science, Hindi, English, Geography, Anthropology||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream|
|M.Sc.||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Geology|
Read more: Gossner College Courses & Fees
Gossner College Admission
Admission to the college is based on merit scored in the qualifying examination. Candidates can apply offline as well as online for admission. The list of the selected candidates for admissions based will be published on the notice board of the University or University’s website
How to Apply?
- Collect the application form from the college office.
- Fill up the form properly
- Affix a recent photograph of passport size on the provided space
- Attach the required documents
- Submit the form at the college office
Read more: Gossner College Admissions
Gossner College Facilities
The college has got a well-built infrastructure which hereby provides the students and the staff of the college with all the essential facilities required. Also, the college has got separate buildings for each department.
- Library: The College has got a well-stocked library with a Reading Room ‘for their students. The library has got a varied college of books covering a wide range of disciplines of academic as well as non-academic interests, which includes various journals too.
- Computer Lab: The computer lab is well equipped with 25 desktop computers for their students to avail of them when required. They have also got access to the Internet which thereby helps the students to get access over any academic resources available on the Internet.
- Ampi-Theatre: For any college function and to conduct the daily assembly the college has its own Ampi-Theatre where such functions are carried out. Also, the entire place can accommodate over 1500 students.
- Canteen: The college provides the students as well as the staff with a well maintained and hygienic canteen which has got a great supply of food and snacks at a reasonable price.
- Other Facilities:
- Academic buildings
Read more: Gossner College Hostel
Ques. Does the college offer Pass courses?
Ans. Yes, the college offers pass courses like BA, B.Com. B.Sc. at the undergraduate level
Ques. What are the documents I need to submit with the form?
Ans. Mark sheet of class 12th, Caste certificate for SC/ ST/ BC-I/ BC-II, Residential proof
Ques. How to apply online for admission?
Ans. There is an online link for admission on the official site of the college. You can apply through it and can pay the fee online
Ques. Does the college conduct any entrance test?
Ans. No, the admissions are merit-based
Ques. Is there any contact no. for admission related query?