Mangalam College of Engineering (MLM) was established in 2002, is located in Ettumanoor, Kerala. MLM is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University in Kerala. MLM is promoted by the Mangalam Educational Society.
MLM offers courses in technical fields and is approved by the AICTE and is ISO certified. The college offers B.Tech at undergraduate level and M.Tech at postgraduate level to the students who want to take up Engineering as their career. The college also offers MBA to those who want to study Business Administration at postgraduate level.
Admission in B.Tech is done through KEAM which is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination of Govt. of Kerala. For M.Tech, eligible candidates will have to appear in GATE and for MBA, candidates need to appear in KMAT/CMAT/CAT/GMAT/XAT.
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Private|
|Accredited by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and ISO|
|Affiliated with||Mahatma Gandhi University (in Kerala)|
|Courses Offered||13 Courses across 3 Degrees|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech and M.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||HCL, IBM, HP, Infosys, Accenture, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Aditya Birla|
|Campus Area||45 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Placement, Sports, Hostel, Transportation|
MLM offers a number of courses across 3 degrees to prospective students for enriching their knowledge base and planning a better future and career in the technical field. Following are the courses offered in the college:
Duration: 4 Years
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 Years
Subjects: VLSI & Embedded System, Industrial Engineering and management, Power Electronics & Power Systems, Computer Science and Engineering, Communication Engineering, Network Engineering, Structural Engineering and Construction Management
Eligibility: Engineering degree with 60% + GATE
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: 50% in Graduation + GMAT/XAT/CMAT/KMAT
- The admission process of the institution is both merit-based and entrance-based for all courses.
- The candidates who opt for B.Tech are selected on the basis of merit for which the candidates should have completed 10+2 with 50% marks and should have passed the entrance exam KEAM.
- The candidates opting for M.Tech will be selected on the basis of their score in the GATE exam.
- The candidates who wish to opt for MBA program will be selected on the basis of their score in GMAT/XAT/CMAT/KMAT entrance exam.
How to apply?
For B.Tech & M.Tech.
- The application form is accepted through online mode.
- Registration is required by the candidates to be able to apply on the official website of the University
- It’s necessary to fill details like personal details, educational details, and others
- Candidates must pay the application fees through online fees portal
- The application form should be printed out for further admission process along with the aforementioned documents
- For the courses that offer admission without entrance test, candidates could visit the campus for on-the-spot admission to the respective course
- Take the print out of the application form
- Fill in full details
- Attach copies of certificates of SSLC, Degree and Entrance Score
- Attach DD for INR. 500 in favour of 'Mangalam College of Engineering' payable at Ettumanoor/Kottayam or pay INR. 500 in cash at the office.
- Submit / post the application to Principal, Mangalam College of Engineering, Mangalam Campus, Ettumanoor, Kottayam Pin:686631.
- Candidates with Minimum 50% marks in any Degree can apply. Final Year Students can also apply.
Like any other top University, MLM has a dedicated and successful Placement cell that invites renowned companies and recruiters to recruit talent from the University. Some statistics are listed below:
- Aditya Birla recruited 52 students in 2016
- Tech Mahindra recruited 71 students in 2016
- Sutherland recruited 32 students in 2016
- Average salary – 1 lakh
- Highest salary – 14.5 lakhs
The MLM offers scholarships to students in the reserved category. Following are the various scholarships offered to students:
|Scholarship Type||Eligibility Criteria||Benefits||Remarks|
|Merit Scholarships||For students with KEAM Entrance Rank below 4000
For students with KEAM Entrance Rank below 8,000
|Full Tuition fees waiver including the refundable deposit. Caution deposit and other fees like hostel, bus have to be paid.
Half Tuition fee waiver and 50% of the refundable deposit. Caution deposit and other fees like hostel, bus have to be paid.
|6 Scholarships available|
|Mangalam Employee Scholarship||Scholarships available for children of Mangalam Daily, Mangalam Educational institutions and other Mangalam Group enterprise. KEAM Entrance should be <20,000 and must have secured more than 75% in +2.||10% on Tuition fee||Depending on the number of Applicants|
|Mangalam Neighborhood Community development Scholarships for Meritorious students||Scholarships will be available for Meritorious students within 10 km radius of the college. Recommendation letter from Religious leaders like local parish priest/Imam/Swami etc should be made available. KEAM Entrance rank between 8000 and 15,000 are eligible||10% of Tuition fee||Depending on the number of Applicants|
|Siblings / Blood Relative Scholarships||Meritorious siblings (brother/sister)/blood relatives of the students studying in Mangalam Engineering college. Documents as evidence proving to be sibling and a copy of student ID card of the student studying at Mangalam. The candidate should have secured entrance rank below 15,000.||10% of Tuition fee||Depending on the number of Applicants|
The MLM offers the following facilities to ensure the needs of students are met:
Hostel: The College provides separate hostel facilities for both male and female students within the college campus with mess halls and modern kitchens. Detailed thought and consideration has gone in to provide utmost comfort to the students with more personal space provided in an ideal location. The rooms provide most modern facilities and privacy.
Library: The Central Library of Mangalam College of Engineering was established in the year 2002. It is fully automated with a rich collection of Books, National and International Journals, back volumes of journals, technical & general magazines, project reports, seminar reports and nonbook materials like CD ROMs on Engineering and Management. This Library follows Dewey Decimal Classification System, Bar code based circulation process and OPAC Literature Search. This library provides on- line access to a large number of full text journals from various publishers. These e-journals are accessible on intranet to campus users only.
Canteen: The college canteen caters good quality variety of dishes at reasonable rates to students, staff and visitors. It remains open on all working days and it tends to be the most popular place on campus, not only for physical refreshment but also for student bonding, discussions and even work on assignments and projects.
Sports: MLM provides various sports facilities to its students like fitness centre, basketball, tennis, volleyball, football etc. complete with an internet café with wifi facilities.
Transportation: MLM provides transportation (bus) facilities for students and staff after purchasing bus passes valid up to 6 months
The facility comprises some brilliant minds under the command of the Principal- Dr. Manoj George.
|Faculty||Mechanical||Electrical & Electronics||Computer||Civil||Humanities||Electronics & Communication||Total|
Ques. What are the documents required for admission in B.Tech?
- 12th /10th certificate in proof of the date of birth
- Mark list of qualifying examination
- Admit Card and Data Sheet of entrance examination
- In case where the candidates claim any sort of reservation or special consideration, documents to prove such claims.
- All copies of certificates shall be self-attested.
- Applications not accompanied by documents in proof of claims of reservation will not be considered in such categories. Documents/Certificates furnished after submission of the application will not be entertained under any circumstances. Late and incomplete applications will be rejected.
Ques. How can the college be contacted in case of any queries?
Ques. What are the rules for scholarships provided by MLM?
Ques. Does the college provide training?