Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering (MIET), Mangalore was established in 2007 by Mr. Rajesh Chouta under Rajalaxmi Education Trust. Objective of the Institute is to promote research oriented advance courses in the field of Engineering and Technology.
- Mission of the Institute is “To establish world class educational institutions, in their own domains, which shall be Centre of Excellence in their stated and implied sense”
- The institute is situated at Mangalore - Sholapur Highway, it's about 30 kms away from Mangalore and about 4 kms short of the town Moodabidri
- MIET is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute
- Institute is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
- Management Development Institute of Singapore
- ITE-West, Singapore
- Infosys Campus Connect
- Sentia 2014-It is an annual state level Intercollegiate technical, management and cultural fest organized by MIET.Duration of the event is two days.
- Annual Day 2013-MIET had celebrated its annual day on 30 March 2013. Mr Gopikrishnan K, Associate Vice President, Consulting and Systems Integration Practice Head & Center Head for Mangalore, Infosys was the Chief Guest.
Vision group on Science & Technology (VGST) of the state department of science and technology has awarded 'Centre of Excellence in Science, Engineering & Medicine (CESEM)' award to the department of Physics of MIET.