Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal is the first self-financing engineering college in India. The college offers various Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in engineering streams. The institute undertakes sponsored research programs supported by funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, AICTE, and the Ministry of Environmental Sciences. It has collaborative research programs in association with premier research laboratories and institutes in India and abroad.
MET 2021 Important Dates
|Events||MET 2021 Exam Dates|
|B.Tech (Phase 1)||April 16 - April 20, 2021|
|B.Tech (Phase 2)||June 9 - June 15, 2021|
|All M.Tech / M.E programs||June 5, 6, 7 & 8, 2021|
|Established | Institute Type||1957 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE, NBA|
|Affiliated to||MAHE, Manipal|
|Entrance Exam||Institute: MET|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Top Recruiters||HDFC Bank, SBI Cards, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Bajaj Capital, Kotak Mahindra Bank|
Following are the rankings obtained by the college:
- Ranked 45 for B.Tech by NIRF 2020.
- Ranked 21 for B.Tech by India Today 2020.
- Ranked 25 for B.Tech by The Week 2020.
- Ranked 20 for B.Tech by Outlook 2019.
- Ranked 6 among private colleges by Education World 2019.
MIT Manipal offers UG and PG courses in the discipline of Engineering, Computer Application and Arts. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Tech||Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)||10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / any technical vocational subject as optional with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in MET|
|M.Tech||Aerospace Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Avionics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer-Aided Analysis and Design, Computer Networking and Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Science & Information Security, Construction Engineering & Management||B.E/ B.Tech in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in GATE/ MET|
|MCA||-||BCA/ BSc (Computer Science / IT) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|MA||Comparative Literary Studies||Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
Check: MIT Manipal Courses and Fees
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Upload a photograph and signature.
- Select the program and enter your address.
- Select a mode of payment.
- The application fee is INR 600 (for General Category) and INR 2500 (for Foreign/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category). Pay it using your preferred means.
- For admission to the B.Tech program, the candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in the Manipal Entrance Test (MET).
- For admission to the M.Tech program, the candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in GATE or MET.
Check: MIT Manipal Admission
Manipal Institute of Technology has always been very proactive in placing the students into the profiles of their preference. The institute has a well-organized placement team headed by the Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placements & Practice School), three Assistant Directors and also comprising of faculty and student coordinators from each department. On average, over 250+ recruiting teams visit MIT Manipal for UG & PG campus placements & internship recruitment every year. 300+ students have internship offers and their Internship to FTE (full-time employment) conversion results are awaited. Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
Check: MIT Manipal Placement
MIT Manipal awards scholarship for its Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) students under the following categories
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Listed below are some of the departments along with a number of highly experienced faculty members:
- Department of Automobile & Aeronautical Engineering: 24 Faculty
- Department of Biomedical Engineering: 14 Faculty
- Department of Biotechnology: 20 Faculty
- Department of Chemical Engineering: 25 Faculty
- Department of Chemistry: 20 Faculty
- Department of Civil Engineering: 57 Faculty
- Department of Computer Applications: 14 Faculty
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering: 64 Faculty
Check: MIT Manipal Faculty
Ques. Does MIT have any foreign collaborations?
Ques. How do I get admission into the B.Tech Lateral program of MIT?
Ques. What about the Infrastructure of MIT?
Ques. What is the NIRF Ranking of Manipal Institute of Technology?
Ques. Is it necessary to stay at a University hostel?