Marian Engineering College is situated in Thiruvananthapuram in the Kerala state of India. Founded in 2001, it is affiliated to the University of Kerala. Marian Engineering College, Thiruvananthapuram offers 6 programs across 1 stream specifically engineering and 2 degrees like B.Tech, M.Tech. Marian Engineering College campus is spread over 40 Acres. Admission to the courses is conducted on the basis of Merit as well as Entrance scores.
Marian Engineering College Highlights
| Established|| 2001|
| Institution Type|| Private|
| Affiliations|| University of Kerela|
| Approval|| AICTE, New Delhi|
| Courses Offered|| 6 courses across 1 stream|
| Facilities Available|| Auditorium, Computer Lab, Gym, Medical Facilities|
| Location|| Menamkulam, Kazhakkoottam, Kerala 695582|
| Official Website|| https://www.marian.ac.in/|
Marian Engineering College Courses Offered
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years|
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Electricals and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility: Candidate required to pass 10+2 with 50% marks. Candidate must qualify for KEAM Entrance Exam
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years|
Specialization: Geo-Technical Engineering
Eligibilty: Candidate required to pass an engineering degree with a minimum of 60% marks in the examination. Candidate must qualify GATE Entrance exam
Read more: MEC Thiruvananthapuram Courses & Fees
Marian Engineering College Admissions
Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram offers admissions to Engineering courses. The Admission procedure at Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram is based on the several entrance exams. The complete description of all courses, its admission procedure, and other details are mentioned below.
For UG Courses
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
- The College offers B.Tech course across 5 streams for 4 years.
- Applicants should have passed (10+2) with minimum aggregate marks of 50%.
- Applicants should qualify in the Engineering Entrance Exam, KEAM 2020, conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Govt. of Kerala.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December 2020.
Read more: KEAM CUT OFF
For PG Courses
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
- The College offers M.Tech course for 2 years.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in engineering degree examination.
- Applicants must have appeared in GATE, secure qualifying marks.
How to apply?
The candidates attempting admission can follow these simple steps:
- The candidates attempting admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website.
- The candidates attempting admission can register themselves to the UG and PG courses by submitting the registration.
- The application fee is INR 500 that can be paid through cash or DD drawn in favor of “The Manager, Marian Engineering College”, payable at Trivandrum.
- A printed copy of the completed application form with the necessary documents
- The candidates attempting admission must upload the following documents along with the filled-in application form.
The appropriately filled in application form along with the following documents requires to be submitted at the College Office or through the post.
- Self-Attested photocopy of the Certificate of Standard X for proof of Age.
- Self-Attested photocopy of the Mark list of the Qualifying Examination (12th / Equivalent).
- Self-Attested photocopy of the Admit Card of the Entrance Examination 2020.
- Self-Attested photocopy of the Mark list of the Entrance Examination 2020.
- Stamp sized Photo to be attached to the Application Form.
- Self-Attested photocopy of caste certificate (in the case of SC/ST/Dalit X'tian candidates).
- Demand Draft / Details of Net Banking payment (in the case of downloaded forms only). Write the name of the candidate on its backside.
Marian Engineering College Placements
The college has a highly qualified and certified team of placement specialists who are proactively associated with job market analysis. It has so many tie-ups with managing corporate businesses across the country.
- The Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) functioning in the College takes care of the On-Campus placement activities. CGPU prefers students and the Industrial community together with an effort to build an Industry-Institution Interaction.
- The Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) arranges on-campus and off-campus recruitments and preplacement training programs in the Aptitude test, Group Discussions, Interviews, and presentation skills in collaboration with the Dept. of Humanities and core departments.
- College also provides the students with mock interview preparations. Participation in mock interviews provides students with a strong knowledge of what kind of questions they will be standing on an interview and how they can come out successful after a complex interactive session with board members of the corporate sectors.
Marian Engineering College Scholarships
- Based on KEAM 2020 (For Govt and Mgmt Seats):
For General Category -
- KEAM 2020 Rank 1 - 4000, the scholarship amount will be Rs.75000
- KEAM 2020 Rank 4001 - 15000, the scholarship amount will be Rs.37500
- KEAM 2020 Rank 15001 - 20000, the scholarship amount will be Rs.25000
- KEAM 2020 Rank 20001 - 30000, the scholarship amount will be Rs.10000
Merit Cum Means Scholarship:
- The scholarship is granted by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
- The criteria for eligibility are above 50% marks in 10+2. Qualified applicants are Christians and Muslim students.
- The financial eligibility - Family income should be below Rs.250000 and the amount of scholarship given will be Rs.30000 for Hostellers and Rs.25000 for day scholars.
Central Scheme Scholarship:
- This scholarship is granted by the Department of Higher Education, Government of India
- The criteria for eligibility are above 80% marks in 10+2. The eligible candidates are Christians, Hindus, and Muslim students.
- The Financial Eligibility - Family income should be below Rs.600000 (Non-Creamy Layer) and amount of scholarship given will be Rs.20000
Scholarship Based on 10+2 Marks:
For General Category -
- If the applicant scored 100% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in HSE (State Syllabus), the scholarship amount given will be Rs.40000.
- If the applicant obtained 95% and above in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in CBSE or ISC Syllabus, the scholarship amount given will be Rs.40000.
Marian Engineering College Facilities
Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram spreads over 40 Acres. It consists of the college educational buildings, hostels for both boys and girls, library, auditorium, exam halls, lecture halls, mess & canteen, medical facilities, and the other facilities also, mentioned here:
- Library: The library is well stocked with a good number of books related to various branches of Engineering. The college library has over 9000 titles and 22305 volumes of books.
- Cafeteria: A Cafeteria is working on our campus to give students with nutritious and hygienic meals.
- Gymnasium: The well-equipped gym is available within campus for students as well as faculty.
- Sports: Marian Engineering College has many kinds of sports activities such as indoor & outdoor games like cricket, volleyball, football, kabaddi, basketball, chess, badminton, table tennis, gymnasium equipment are available in this college.
- Hostel: Marian Engineering College provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls to look after the welfare of the students. The hostels have large rooms and mess halls.
Marian Engineering College Faculty
Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram is not only specialists in their domain of interest but through faculty development programs are always regularly redefining their skills and education. Every department has a Head and Dean and the other teachers are working are in the following areas:
- Total Faculties: 140
- Professors: 15
- Associate Professor: 14
- Assistant Professor: 83
- Lab Instructor: 28
Ques. When was Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram founded?
Ans. Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram was founded in the year 2001.
Ques. Which entrance exams does this college accept?
Ans. Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram accepts the following entrance exams KEAM, GATE
Ques. Is the fee expensive at was Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram (MEC)?
Ans. Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram (MEC) provides various Under Graduate, Post Graduate courses at an affordable price. Payments can be done online/ offline
Ques. What are the B.Tech specializations offered atMarian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram?
Ans. Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram (MEC) offers various specializations under the B.Tech degree program like Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electricals and Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc.
Ques. What accreditation and approval does Marian Engineering College have?
Ans. Marian Engineering College Thiruvananthapuram (MEC) is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and is affiliated to University of Kerala.