Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology [MIET] is an engineering and management college offering 28 courses in total with 6 different streams. Undergraduate programs offered by the institute are B.Tech., B.Pharm., and B.Voc. Postgraduate programs offered by the college are M.Tech, MCA, M.Pharm, and MBA. Admission to all the courses is entrance-based except for the B.Voc program, admission to which is based on merits obtained by the student in the previous qualifying exam. Graduates from the college are placed in top-recruiting companies such as Accenture, Genpact, Axis Bank, L & T, etc.
Check MIET Meerut Cut off
|Established | Type||1997 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, Govt. of India, and the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh|
|Set by||City Educational and Social Welfare Society|
|Affiliation||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow (AKTU Lucknow)|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, B.Pharm, Vocational Courses, Applied Science Engineering, M.Tech., M.Pharm, and M.C.A.|
|Entrance Exam||JEE-Main, UPSEE, GATE, and CAT/ MAT|
|Top Recruiters||OMICS International, Aadhar Housing Finance, TCS, Wipro, Silver Peak Global, etc.|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Canteen, ATM, Post-Office, Shoppe, Medical|
|MCA and MCA [Lateral]||
Read More: MIET Meerut Fees Structure
Admission to Meerut Institute Engineering and Technology is entrance-based. The entrance exams vary course to course.
How to apply?
For admission to the various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses offered in the college, the candidates can follow the following steps:
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of the college.
- While registering, the candidates have to mention their genuine scores of the qualifying examination for the course they want to register for.
- After registration, candidates need to visit the campus along-with the below-mentioned pre-requisite documents for the admission process.
Read More: MIET Meerut Admission
Meerut Institute of Engineering Technology has a well-established active placement cell that helps students to get recruited in top-notch companies. The cell conducts various placement related activities to groom the skills of candidates participating in the placement process.
Some of the top recruiters of MIET Meerut are A2Z Group, DCM Shriram Industries, Jubilant Chemsys Ltd., Smartchip Ltd., ABBOTT Healthcare, Doshin Ltd., Accenture, Genpact, L & T, TCS, Axis Bank, HT Media, Hindustan Glass, IBM Global Services, India Bulls, Cognizant Technologies, etc.
Read More: MIET Meerut Placement
The college provides accommodation facilities to students pursuing various courses. The students are provided with a bed, mattress, chair, table, almirah, etc. There are three hostel buildings, two for boys and one for girl students, with an intake capacity of 900 and 300 seats respectively.
The hostel is facilitated by:
- Wi-Fi internet facility is available in the hostels.
- 24 Hours Generator backup.
- Purified RO drinking water at every point in the hostels as well as every point in the campus
- Hot water facility for bathing during winters.
- Medical facility, 24 Hrs ambulance availability in case of emergency
- Indoor and outdoor games,
- Gymnasium, T.V., LCD, and Library Magazines etc.
- Clubs for bonafide hobbies.
Read More: MIET Meerut Hostel Fees
- Transport - Bus facility for students and staff is available covering almost all parts of Meerut and its neighboring areas. 27 buses run daily to facilitate students.
- Medical - A senior Medical Officer is available six days a week daily during evening hours on campus to provide medical consultation to students and staff.
- Canteen - MIET has a canteen that provides nourishing refreshments like snacks, tea, cold drinks, coffee, fast food & lunch. MIET also has an exclusive “Amul Parlour” to refresh students with a variety of hygienic Amul Products.
- MIET Shoppe - MIET Shoppe stock notebooks, stationery, and other items required by students during their studies. It also provides photocopy, printing, and binding facilities.
- ATM - A Punjab National Bank ATM is installed right at the gate to facilitate students.
- Post-Office - Department of Postal & Telegraph, India has established an independent post office in the Campus named MIET Post Office with its Pin Code 250005 at the left of the gate including all the postal facilities.
- RO Water - Institute has installed RO Systems and provides RO drinking water at every point in the hostels as well as every point in the campus.
- Indoor and outdoor games
Ques. How to contact Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut?
Ans. To contact MIET Meerut:
- Address: N.H. 58, Delhi- Roorkee Highway, Baghpat Road Bypass Crossing Meerut - 250005. UP (India)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone No.: 0121-2439019/2439057
Ques. Where can I get the registration form for admission to the B.Tech program?
Ans. Registration for the admission process is completely online. Candidates can fill the registration form on https://www.miet.ac.in/online-registration. Check the minimum eligibility criteria before registering yourself for the course.
Ques. Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut is affiliated to?
Ans. Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut is affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow and is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, Govt. of India, and the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
Ques. What is the ranking of Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut in Uttar Pradesh?
Ans. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow (formerly, UPTU) ranked MIET is 4th ranked institute in Uttar Pradesh Technical University. NAAC gave B++ ranking to MIET.
Ques. Is there any marks relaxation for candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category?
Ans. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks in the Minimum Eligibility Criteria.
Ques. What are the documents required during the admission process?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
- Three set Photocopy of Original Counseling Allotment Letter
- Two attested copy of valid UPSEE/GATE/GPAT/CAT/MAT Score Card
- Three set Photocopy of Students Aadhar Card (Compulsory)
- Three set Photocopy of Students Pan Card
- Counseling Fee Receipts: Original Confirmation fee and, all Xerox Copy of fee deposited at MIET
- Three attested photocopies of Marks Sheet of Class X
- Three attested photocopies of Certificate of Class X
- Three attested photocopies of Mark Sheet of Class XII
- Three attested photocopies of Certificate of Class XII
- Three attested photocopies of Mark Sheet of Diploma/B.Sc (for lateral entry)
- Three attested Mark Sheet of Graduation (for admission in Post Graduate course)
- Three attested Mark Sheet of Post Graduation (for M.Tech/M.Pharm only)
- Original Character Certificate
- Original Transfer Certificate (only for U.P. Board Students) and, two set Photocopy
- Original Migration Certificate (for CBSE/ICSE/Other than U.P. Board/University) and, two set Photocopy
- Attested copy of Domicile Certificate (for candidates other than U.P. State) and, three-set Photocopy
- Attested copy of Caste/Category (for OBC/SC/ST and Minority only) and, three-set Photocopy